Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 08:27:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [cw]commando sniper  (Read 8389 times)
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« on: August 13, 2010, 02:40:22 am »

So essentially this sniper unit loses cloak for +20 sight and the commandos smoke.

Yes there's two men, but the sniper rifle doesn't cycle through the squad. So there's a 50% chance that the sniper will die on the first shot. You can replicate the same effect by moving the normal sniper after each shot.

I must question the utility of the +20 sight. This allow the sniper to spot for themselves but you can replicate the effect just by using other unit. Without the Protection of cloak the unit get easily dispatch by normal sniper.

I think the commando sniper should get at least the heroic critic and more health, so it doesn't die to a single sniper shot. (You still need enough health to take the normal bullet damage) 

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 03:12:58 am »

Hes not a early game unit or a small game unit though. C-Sniper shines in 3v3s or 4v4s where he can hide inside a blob and use his exceptional range.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 03:15:37 am »

The units Utility lies more in it's ability to retain vet levels. when an Axis sniper is fielded the Commando Sniper pretty much vacates that section of the map because they can't hope to beat it straight up unless alot of luck is involved.(you might hit the spotter and then get shot by the Sniper. OR you might hit the Sniper and who cares about the spotter)

The Commando sniper is a very deadly unit without cloak and his ability to spot for himself and survive most rushes(including killing Bike rushes himself) makes him deadly on field and almost impossible to vet hunt

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 03:18:29 am »

However, using another unit to scout with gives you :
1) More micro-intensity, and that is always a bad thing.
2) More pop spent in the preservation and utility of the one unit.

So yes - not having to spend the minimal 3 popcap on a scout(and the resources for the scout) and your time microing the scout IS a pretty hefty advantage over a regular unit.

Not to mention that commando smoke allows you to get out of situations in which the regular sniper would quite frankly be fucked. The second man in the squad also helps you with the survival of the actual sniper.

If we gave him heroic armour - the commando sniper would become the ultimate sniper-killer, bringing death to any other sniper that dares attempt a kill-shot on him. With up to 4 shots being required to kill him completely - he would become RETARDEDLY OP.

So no - he's fine as he is.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 03:19:08 am »

Lol everyone bandwagoning this with their rant because there is nothing real to do.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 03:21:12 am »

Yeah, summer vacation is starting to seriously piss me off in how boring it is this year.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 03:31:45 am »

Its raining here now and temperature is finally dropping, so I keep telling everyone that summer is over. Jesus get on with EIRR ya lazy noobs, august is almost done.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 06:01:46 am »

the mando sniper also doesnt have sniper armour. doesnt that save him from those single shot kills that strike at 50% health on normal snipers?
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 06:15:59 am »

Its raining here now and temperature is finally dropping, so I keep telling everyone that summer is over. Jesus get on with EIRR ya lazy noobs, august is almost done.

We basically had a thunderstorm + hail every single evening the past two weeks. I was literally absolutely soaked, like I had been thrown in a river, after 10 seconds of walking in the rain. The paper money in my vallet inside a zipped-up pocket of some pretty thick pants actually needed to be dried.

Fun.
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 12:52:28 pm »

The units Utility lies more in it's ability to retain vet levels. when an Axis sniper is fielded the Commando Sniper pretty much vacates that section of the map because they can't hope to beat it straight up unless alot of luck is involved.(you might hit the spotter and then get shot by the Sniper. OR you might hit the Sniper and who cares about the spotter)
The normal sniper can just wait for the Comm Sniper to take a shot and hit them when the Comm Sniper is on cool down. (which mirror a normal sniper v normal sniper match)
Or wait until the Comm sniper is moving for some reason.

Once the spotter is dead, you pretty much have to retreat the comm sniper anyway, since the next shot will definitely kill the sniper.

However, using another unit to scout with gives you :
1) More micro-intensity, and that is always a bad thing.
2) More pop spent in the preservation and utility of the one unit.

So yes - not having to spend the minimal 3 popcap on a scout(and the resources for the scout) and your time microing the scout IS a pretty hefty advantage over a regular unit.

Not to mention that commando smoke allows you to get out of situations in which the regular sniper would quite frankly be fucked. The second man in the squad also helps you with the survival of the actual sniper.

If we gave him heroic armour - the commando sniper would become the ultimate sniper-killer, bringing death to any other sniper that dares attempt a kill-shot on him. With up to 4 shots being required to kill him completely - he would become RETARDEDLY OP.

So no - he's fine as he is.
it doesn't have to be a bike/jeep to spot for the sniper you know. Even normal tanks or infantry can act as spotter.
Commando Smoke allow the squad to get out of some sticky situation, but frankly the default cloak of the sniper can get him out of even more sticky situation.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 01:02:12 pm by Firesparks » Logged
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 01:34:24 pm »

it doesn't have to be a bike/jeep to spot for the sniper you know. Even normal tanks or infantry can act as spotter.
Which are only more expensive and more popcap intensive, on top of being vulnearable to whatever long-ranged support weapon that is readily available on the front line.

Commando Smoke allow the squad to get out of some sticky situation, but frankly the default cloak of the sniper can get him out of even more sticky situation.

Red herring. Sniper default cloak does nothing to get you out of a sticky situation, frankly because the "unit sniped" message lets the enemy track your target, and because you are slown down while using the cloak.
Not to mention that being able to cloak will do nothing against a bike rush, or bike/puma combination(which are far more often used at sniper hunting than infantry rushes), whereas the smoke WILL give you quite enough time to bring up support and to dart for heavy cover.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 01:50:07 pm by Mysthalin » Logged
COHCommando Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 01:39:31 pm »

check the leaderboard for commando snipers youll see mandos snipers are awesome they are fine
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 01:41:58 pm »

leaderboards prove nothing.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
bayarea510 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 02:30:21 pm »

The Commando sniper is already fine as it is.....

00:00:28 [Team] imnotsoisoisoi: they're noobish
00:01:07 [Team] imnotsoisoisoi: this is gonna be gg in 15 mins
00:28:50 [Team] RonnMercy: bring something on
00:29:04 [Team] imnotsoisoisoi: im out
00:29:05 [Team] RonnMercy: ur terrible lol
Gg in 30, half right at least
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 03:20:28 pm »

mando sniper is fine.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
BeRzErKeR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 03:23:21 pm »

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.
bayarea510 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2010, 04:26:29 pm »

IMO, I would pick commando snipers over regular snipers.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2010, 06:42:52 pm »

Can you guys leave the drama out of this forum.. or I'll have to dust off the ban hammer again.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 04:57:19 am »

Which are only more expensive and more popcap intensive, on top of being vulnearable to whatever long-ranged support weapon that is readily available on the front line.

Red herring. Sniper default cloak does nothing to get you out of a sticky situation, frankly because the "unit sniped" message lets the enemy track your target, and because you are slown down while using the cloak.
Not to mention that being able to cloak will do nothing against a bike rush, or bike/puma combination(which are far more often used at sniper hunting than infantry rushes), whereas the smoke WILL give you quite enough time to bring up support and to dart for heavy cover.

That still doesn't leave the fact that Commandos sniper is vulnerable to the normal sniper.
 I can have a half track (or the healing truck) around if I need a place to escape to hide in, or a building. Once the danger's gone I can exit and then go about my business.

The closest thing for the british is the bren carrier but I can't go offensive sniping in the bren because of the lurking pak.  

last point is that the commandos sniper is a t3 unlock. I 'm under the impression that doctrine unlock should be better than the non-doctrine. Pretty sure the 105mm and the triage beats the brit 25 pdr and CCS anyday. Pretty sure the tiger beats the panther. Yes, the doctrine unit is more expensive, but it's something like 10% more expensive?(in the case of tiger vs panther at least)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 05:02:10 am by Firesparks » Logged
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 05:17:55 am »

I'd take a panther over a tiger any day of the week, actually - and you're sort of comparing apples to oranges. Panther is anti-tank, Tiger is anti-infantry in their primary roles.

And no, doctrine unlocks are not supposed to be better than their non-doctrinal equivilents. They're supposed to give you more freedom. If a doctrinal unlock is better than a non-doc equiv, it will most definitely cost more than the non-doc, and be balanced against ALL other units - not just other doctrinal ones.

Yes, the commando sniper is more vulnearable to snipers than regular snipers are. However, he is far more resilient against other things. It's a trade-off, and that's how it should be.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc