Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 11:25:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EIRR Groundcast #10 and CONTENT RELEASE!!!  (Read 11876 times)
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« on: August 27, 2010, 09:45:24 pm »

Ladies and germs...

GROUNDFIRE'S SUPER FANTASTIC CONTENT RELEASE!!!
once a month I drag my lazy ass off the couch to get that PR machine rumbling, so without further adeau, lets cut the bullshit, here's what I got for you

Release #1
EIRR Groundcast Ep.10 "Wanna see my Bazooka?"  (all in one video btw)
http://www.gamerstube.com/videos/europe-in-ruins-shoutcast-10-20983

GR thread: http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index.php?showtopic=659823
Throw up a comment here so we can get more viewers

A fantastic 2vs2 on Neuville featuring FatalSaint83 as my co-host for his first EIR shoutcast!
Allies: CannonballZ/CantRushThis   x2
Axis: Shockcoil/Fallensoldier7  

Release #2
Groundcast developmental Podcast #2 with BobSmith
http://www.gamerstube.com/videos/europe-in-ruins-dev-podcast-2-20597

-Bob and I shoot the shit on whats going on in Europe in Ruins, whats around the corner and what are the future developmental plans for the mod.

Release #Tree
Groundfire's HD skinpack
Full version: http://www.filefront.com/17237642/GFskinpack8.26.10.7z/
Externalskinpack only: http://www.filefront.com/17235612/ExternalSkinpack.7z/
EuropeinruinsData only: http://www.filefront.com/17237374/EuropeInRuinsData.7z/

Place these in your Europe in Ruins Archives folder

Whats new this version: Almost all (commonly seen) tanks have a randomized skin, they will appear different every battle/call-in. (infantry do it too but thats less noticeable)

Ex:

Because of this, everything has a new skin and there are too many to list. DL and check them out for yourself!

Full version contains both Externalskinpack and EuropeinruinsData.sga's.
The externalskinpack is now optimized for lower end machines, and you wont get the blue cubes.
The EuropeinruinsData.sga is only good for this patch cycle, once a new patch comes, it will be overwritten and you will lose some cool skins until I upload a new Data.sga.

You will need to bypass the auto updater so you can get into the launcher without the game wanting to rewrite your Data.sga

To do this, shortcut your EIRRLauncher to the desktop.

If you dont feel like doing this, just download the external skin pack and you'll get the majority of the skins.

The units you will most notice with the EIRRdata.sga I provide is that:
-Commandos will have helmets
-All reward unit skins are changed to look cooler
-Pgren's are changed to have a better camo
-Riflemen will have popped jacket collar and more definition.

Im sure there are more but im forgetting atm.

Ill update my main skin thread later with all the new skins

Aight, thats all I got for ya, enjoy!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 10:12:37 am by Groundfire » Logged

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 10:00:53 pm »

ive been looking forward to that patch ground Smiley

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 10:06:29 pm »

Yeah, let me know how it works.

Due to this awesome internet, I can upload large files in minutes. I know that these .sga's work cause I just zipped them 10 minutes ago. lol
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 12:15:36 am »

Nice podcast dude Cheesy
Was an awesome listen, Nice to hear the direction the mod is going is, and nice to see some quick footage of the reward units. Wish you zoomed in on them so I could have a better look and seen how they all shoot individually, was a bit hard to see the details.
Also, Quick question, Does that rocket home onto units? I pretty sure I heard it did, If so, How much does it home, I assume when it fire it takes where the unit is and just shoots at that point?

Also, Btw, that reinforcement package Question, It might of been me?
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=15950.msg273627#msg273627
Second point I like to get at, Is it possible that PE can get some MGs?
I find that PE the fact they don't have an MG, or more precisely, a good suppression unit (Half Track MIGHT do the job, but thats fuel in a fuel dependent army). For crying out loud, US can do it with bars so why can't have the PE receive some suppression love. I'm not even expecting an replica of the mg, I be happy if it did less damage and a little less suppression, but as long as I can some sure fire way of knowing that if they try and walk towards me with inf they are asking to get pinned.
And how to implicant it, well, the perfect way for me would be to make it a standard unit, but if you Dev's don't like the idea of that, How about MAYBE bringing back the reinforcement packages that you guys had in the mod at one point in EiR's Life, Not as extreme as including Falls/other elites and tanks in the packages, but simple things that makes to be in the other allies armys.
Like, Make it have so PE can choose one of the following, MG, Sniper OR Pak (for example). That's a really quick example. Allows for some more kind of customising without game breaking the armies like before, (Like Blitz Companies with Falls and Fall Companies with Stormtroopers) and allows you to have stuff that you want/need to make your army function better..

Different topic though, So I don't really know if I can claim for having my question asked? Meh, I'm going to assume my question was better then everyone else's and stroke my ego :3

And that .sga looks awesome, Will use that for my battles for now. Different tanks each battle seem awesome. Quick question, If I got 2 P4's in my company, will they both be the same for the SINGLE battle, but how they both look change from battle to battle?

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 12:22:51 am »

The skins of the p4's will change every battle. no matter how they looked in the previous battle.

Im sure that wasnt your suggestion. as MG's for PE have been asked for since the beginning of EIR-Reinforcements.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 12:24:28 am »

...I'm still going to think it was my question, I want to feel good about myself  Cry
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 12:35:53 am »

Nice podcast dude Cheesy
Was an awesome listen, Nice to hear the direction the mod is going is, and nice to see some quick footage of the reward units. Wish you zoomed in on them so I could have a better look and seen how they all shoot individually, was a bit hard to see the details.

I didnt shoot the video, so i couldnt zoom in
Also, Quick question, Does that rocket home onto units? I pretty sure I heard it did, If so, How much does it home, I assume when it fire it takes where the unit is and just shoots at that point?

as far as I know it comes down on the spot with some drift, but there's alot of splash damage, so you dont need a direct hit to do damage.

And that .sga looks awesome, Will use that for my battles for now. Different tanks each battle seem awesome. Quick question, If I got 2 P4's in my company, will they both be the same for the SINGLE battle, but how they both look change from battle to battle?

every P4 you bring onto the field is randomized to be 1 of 4 skins. If you call on another P4, the same thing happens. That second P4 could be the same as the first, or it could have a different skin all together. Most tanks have 4 variations, with the heavies having 2-3
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 12:44:38 am »

I didnt shoot the video, so i couldnt zoom in
Oh, Ok, Then whoever shot the video should of. Meh, Beggars can't be choosers. Was nice to see them to be honest Smiley
Will be awesome when the Warmap comes in, simply so I can see these units.

as far as I know it comes down on the spot with some drift, but there's alot of splash damage, so you dont need a direct hit to do damage.
Oh, I see, Either way, Thats pretty cool, I wasn't even expecting video for this podcast, so yeah, too see clips of both is epic Cheesy

every P4 you bring onto the field is randomized to be 1 of 4 skins. If you call on another P4, the same thing happens. That second P4 could be the same as the first, or it could have a different skin all together. Most tanks have 4 variations, with the heavies having 2-3
...Yeah. I'm using this, You've completely sold me on this. I thought it was awesome enough that I thought I was going to see random skins from one battle to another, Let alone random skins EVERY call in Cheesy

<3 Ground
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 01:10:00 am »

Np  Wink
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 02:00:30 am »

Not enough raging on fallensoldier tbh. Enjoyed it nonetheless Tongue

Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 06:29:12 am »

Yo Groundy. You're my hero.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 09:08:22 am »

bump, comment on my stuff you lazy bums.  Grin

I know the podcast maybe oldish but the other two releases are still new and I want feedback
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2010, 09:34:24 am »

lol, will do when I get time to watch. These rules are a bitch to develop =/

smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2010, 09:44:44 am »

love skin pack  Grin Cheesy
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2010, 09:47:59 am »

Right right, feedback. I haven't finished the podcast yet but for the shoutcast I would definitely like to hear most post-game talk and analysis. Maybe some tips for the players involved. Also more raging on fallensoldier. There should've been a 10 minute section on how he let my sniper die Tongue
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2010, 10:06:38 am »

Right right, feedback. I haven't finished the podcast yet but for the shoutcast I would definitely like to hear most post-game talk and analysis. Maybe some tips for the players involved. Also more raging on fallensoldier. There should've been a 10 minute section on how he let my sniper die Tongue

Haha, I dont think there was anything you could do at that point.

For the most part any improvements I could've suggested over you making sure you get the repairs out of your P4s are really trivial. Mostly everyone played very well considering who you and fallen were playing.

Also, GR thread is up!
Give me a shout over there, every comment we get increases views to EIRR

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index.php?showtopic=659823
Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2010, 11:05:50 am »

nice shoutcast man, i love the quality of the vids  Cheesy, and pretty fun to watch
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2010, 04:45:28 pm »

How bout you all give me your GR names and passwords and I'll post something for you. lol geeze!

comon, post on the GR page! Every comment on that thread attracts more viewers, and we get more players willing to watch the whole thing and try EIR afterwards.

My last GR shoutcast got 600 views after 11 comments, mostly from you guys, and the rest from random people who watched cause you said it was so good!
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2010, 04:57:59 pm »

btw, my skin pack has only 14 hits. This makes me rly sad.

I need moar downloads! it makes me feel appreciated. Smiley

here's a teaser: (but you should be downloading out of pure curiosity)

MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2010, 06:42:27 pm »

Downloaded. And keeping. It all looks freaking awesome Cheesy
The random tank skins is a nice touch, and it all looks good, even on my crappy pc. Will be using it on my new pc when it comes next week (which should allow me to play the game on ultra *drools*)
Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc