Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 11:43:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Company of Heroes: Online  (Read 24721 times)
Jazzhead Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 12:40:38 pm »

Not to mention that good players with level 1 companies will generally always win against level 9 company wielding newbies.

It's a bit trickier than that. There are a lot of new abilities that can surprise you the first time you see them (ex. pios FAUSTING). Skill trumps shiny units, but sometimes it's a real bitch...

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2010, 12:51:59 pm »

I think CoHo has 2 major skill areas. The first one is Lvl 20(where both sides get access to rifles on their builders)

The second one is more elusive as for Americans it's lvl 44(or something) where they get HMG range 2(HMG's at 48 range)

and for Axis it's about the time all their lvl 3 upgrades start kicking in.(or they get reinforce at bunker)

If your fighting someone in the same level region as you it's completely skill based. Even a lvl 6 company in CoHo(starting level) can beat a lvl 19 using skill. Sure it's harder but not by much. Once those rifle engineers come out though... ohh man it's hard.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2010, 01:07:36 pm »

Was responding to the "EiRR is biased towards older companies" post, but it applies to CoHO too.

I more or less so uninstalled CoHO after 30 games, losing just 1 of them.
It was boring.

Eyeseeyou Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2010, 05:51:14 pm »

And I uninstalled EIR after winning 25 games in a row and then realizing I win too much to ever get enough PPs to actually buy the abilities I unlock. Sure there are a lot of noobs in CoH:O but there are in EIR too. I would rather win against a noob in CoH:O because he played bad than losing against a noob in EIR because he had triple vet pershings. The same goes if had those pershings (which I do by the way), how is that fun? It's just ridiculous =)

EIR has a great community but I don't like the mod, sometimes I get hooked on it but It's just too easy and so many flaws, no offense to you EIR junkies.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2010, 06:40:35 pm »

lol, if someone beats you because of vet....you failed.

CoHO is even worse though, hero units are far more powerful and long lasting than any vet in EIR, they dominate the early game.

CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2010, 09:51:14 pm »

It's a bit trickier than that. There are a lot of new abilities that can surprise you the first time you see them (ex. pios FAUSTING). Skill trumps shiny units, but sometimes it's a real bitch...

he meant in EIR, in COH:O, I agree completely.  You've got nice stats btw, congrats on the leaderboard slot.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Jazzhead Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2010, 10:37:41 pm »

he meant in EIR, in COH:O, I agree completely.  You've got nice stats btw, congrats on the leaderboard slot.

Thanks. I was on a 10 win streak with this random guy. Good teammates are hard to come by... -.-
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2010, 07:17:36 pm »

they just had a huge freakin update.

New Features

Guilds have been added. View all Guild members on your Guild page, as well as each Guild member can be identified with a three character tag in front of their names. New guilds can be created from the sub-tab in the Commander menu, next to the Commander Tree and Leaderboards.
Skill Mismatch Bonus has been added. A skill mismatch between the teams will reward the underdogs with bonus Supply and Experience at the end of the game, regardless of winning or losing. The bonus percentage and a mismatch meter are displayed on the loading screen.

Improvements

New chat channels have been added that have special requirements to join.
A chat channel has been added for each Commander type. Must be that Commander type to join.
New Recruits - For new Commanders.
Regular's Lounge - Commander must be under level 25.
NCO's Lounge - Commander must be between level 25 and 50.
Officer's Lounge - Commander must be level 50.
Looking for Team - Restricted to only American or Wehrmacht Commanders. Game and Party invites have been enabled in this channel.
Looking for Game - No restrictions. Game and Party invites have been enabled in this channel.
Added /showhotkeys command to the chat commands list, /showhotkeys now displays the chat hotkeys list in a pop-up window.
The frontend tutorial animations have been improved.
More stats have been added to the main page, another tab called Game Stats has been added next to the News section on the main page.
A number display has been added next to the Friends List button that shows how many of your friends are online.
Friends List now has new tabs for Guild Members, Recently Played, LAN and Facebook Friends.
The Friends List is now sorted by online status. Friends that are Online are displayed first, followed by friends which are In-game, and finally by friends which are Offline.
The Leaderboards now display the Skill Rating for each Game Type, Skill Rating is what determines the Leaderboard positions.
AI Take-Over has been added to all multiplayer modes. Players that have dropped from the game will have their units controlled by a CPU player. No further Charges will be deducted from the player's Army Items or Heroes once they have dropped, the same behavior as prior to AI Take-Over.
The currency choice in the purchase and recharge screens has been changed to radio buttons instead of a drop-down menu.
Player levels have been removed from the loading screen.

Balance Changes

Two Commander Abilities have been re-designed, as a result players that have either the American Airborne Air-Dropped Supplies or Wehrmacht Defensive Reactive Artillery abilities will have their Commander Tree Re-Trained and all Improvement Points refunded.

American Changes

Artillery costs have been increased.
American Airborne Bombing Run base cost increased from 225 to 275 Munitions.
American Airborne Strafing Run base cost increased from 165 to 195 Munitions.
American Armor Calliope Barrage ability cost increased from 50->30->0 to 40->25->15 Munitions.
American Infantry Howitzer Barrage ability cost increased from 50->30->0 to 40->25->15 Munitions.
American Recon Jeep Hero Off Map Barrage ability cost increased from 75 to 100 Munitions.
American Destructive Mortar Team Hero Assisted Barrage ability cost increased from 100 to 135 Munitions.
American Airborne Air-Dropped Supplies ability re-design
Base cost reduced from 200 to 175 Manpower.
Base Command Point requirement reduced from 5 to 1.
The base ability no longer grants any Munitions, it instead provides a HMG and Mortar weapons package and the squad that picks up the crate will receive a small health regeneration for a short period of time.
The maximum munitions dropped has been reduced from 150 to 125 Munitions.
The last munitions upgrade now increases the Command Point requirement of the ability by +1.
The maximum fuel dropped has been reduced from 50 to 45 Fuel.
The last fuel upgrade now increases the Command Point requirement of the ability by +1.
The weapons package upgrades have been replaced by upgrade the effectiveness of the health regeneration. The final upgrade fully heals the squad that picks up the crate.
The second and third cost reduction upgrades both increase the command point requirement of the ability by +1.
American Sniper
American Snipers now have 100% accuracy against enemy Snipers.
American Medic
The health of Medics have been reduced by 50%
American Armor Pershing
Ability cost has been increased from 800 to 1000 Manpower.
The base Command Point requirement has been increased from 8 to 9.
American 57mm Anti-Tank Gun
The build time of the unit has been reduced from 82 to 67 seconds.
American Tank Depot
The cost of the Tank Depot has been reduced from 350 to 300 Manpower.
American Mortar Team
The setup time of the weapon has been reduced from 2.4 to 1.5 seconds.
American Destructive Mortar Team hero squad
The Assisted Mortar Bombardment delay has been increased from 4 to 8 seconds.
American Infantry Forward Barracks
The ability can now only be used in friendly territory.

Wehrmacht Changes

Artillery costs have been increased.
Wehrmacht Terror Firestorm Expanded Batteries upgrades now increase the cost of the ability by 15 Munitions, which previously did not increase the cost. The base cost has been reduced from 125 to 100 Munitions, however the fully upgraded cost has increased from 125 to 145 Munitions.
Wehrmacht Blitzkrieg Rocket Barrage base cost increased from 175 to 210 Munitions.
Wehrmacht Walking Stukka upgrade for the Halftrack increased from 150 to 175 Munitions.
Wehrmacht Nebelwerfer Barrage ability increased from 0 to 10 Munitions.
Wehrmacht Defensive Reactive Artillery ability re-design
Base cost has been reduced from 250 to 50 Munitions.
Base Command Point requirements has been reduced from 5 to 2.
Base duration reduced from 30 to 25 seconds.
Base ability radius has been reduced from 30 to 12 meters.
A three second delay has been added before the first salvo of shells is dropped.
The cost reduction upgrades have been replaced with radius increase upgrades.
The radius indicator on the mini-map now gets larger as radius increase upgrades are acquired.
All duration increase upgrades except the final upgrade now increase the Munitions cost of the ability, I:+15 -> II:+15 -> III:+5.
Vehicle Triggering upgrade increases the Command Point requirements by +1.
Terror Battery I upgrade now increases the ability Munitions cost by +60 and the Command Point requirement by +1.
The Rapid Fire cooldown reduction upgrades have been replaced by upgrades which reduce the time between salvos.
Wehrmacht Sniper
Wehrmacht Snipers now have 100% accuracy against enemy Snipers.
Wehrmacht Medic
The health of Medics have been reduced by 50%
Wehrmacht Officer
The build time of the Officer has been reduced from 45 to 25 seconds.
Wehrmacht Grenadier
The grenade scatter has been removed, increasing Grenadier throwing accuracy.
Wehrmacht Pioneers
Pioneers now receive Elite Armor at Veterancy level 3 instead of Veterancy level 2.
Wehrmacht Flak 88
The Flak 88's accuracy against infantry has been reduced from 50% to 20%.
Wehrmacht Remote Reinforcement Army Item
The Army Item no longer allows reinforcement from bunkers. It now increases the reinforcement radius of all base structures by 50%.
Wehrmacht Berger's Panzer Pioneer hero squad
The squad no longer gains the second Panzerschreck.
The level 3 Panzerschreck range increase has been reduced from 15% to 10%.

Map Changes

Hedgerow Siege(6)
A fifth Victory Point has been added to the central area of the map.
Each base area now has a third defensive bunker which protects the previously unguarded entrance.
Sturzdorf(2)
The southern Headquarters has been rotated so the starting builder unit does not have to go around the Headquarters.

Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue on systems with CrossfireX that caused patches of terrain to turn black.
The performance meter is now properly displayed to other users on the party creation and custom game setup screens.
Fixed some of the hedgerows on Hill 331 (6) that were not acting as shot blockers correctly.
Fixed a fatal scar error in mission 11 Hebecrevon of the single player campaign.
Some building positions have been adjusted on Refinery(6) to prevent recruited units from getting stuck if the buildings were converted into Forward Barracks.
American and Wehrmacht Heavy Machine Gun Teams no longer have to tear down and then setup again if an enemy squad within their cone of fire is targeted.
Fixed an issue that sometimes caused American Riflemen Sticky Bombs not to go off if they were targeted on tanks with armored skirts.
The chat pane will no longer lose focus if the player presses the Tab key.
American and Wehrmacht Snipers now retreat at full speed if the unit retreats while cloaked.
Removed some repeated text in the helptext for the Wehrmacht Officer.
Construction Pioneers now correctly gain the level 4 bonus, a 25% increase to construction speed.
When a player leaves a party the remaining party members are now notified.
A spinner is now displayed when retrieving information from the server when a player has been selected on the leaderboard.
Fixed an issue that caused the frontend tutorial prompt to trigger every time the client was restarted due to changing video settings.
Recharging an item no longer resets the item page selection back to the first page.

We should make an EIR Guild. If no one's set it up already i'll make it, find it!

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2010, 07:29:48 pm »

lmao never mnd the guild, it takes 10,000 supply to create one, what a gip
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2010, 07:46:16 pm »

Well thats easy to come by, it's the fact the game blows thats holding me back
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2010, 08:54:27 pm »

Well thats easy to come by, it's the fact the game blows thats holding me back
QFT

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2010, 09:42:09 pm »

meh like i said, I only play late at night when theres no one on eir.

and how did no one noticed i had 2 p's lol comppany of heroes
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2010, 09:46:28 pm »

This is what company of heroes should be: EIR mod taken over by relic supported by the full relic staff and the entire vcoh community.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2010, 09:57:43 pm »

Condor, join the game you just left and we need another axis
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2010, 09:27:03 am »

lawl

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2010, 10:52:57 am »

lawl
lawl

SublimeHauken - Back from the dead - Since 2007'
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2010, 10:53:26 am »

Grund, you do realise two's going to get banned (again) for this spam? You wish to join him?
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2010, 10:54:43 am »

Grund, you do realise two's going to get banned (again) for this spam? You wish to join him?
I thought it was this new game the cool kids play Cheesy
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2010, 11:01:29 am »

two was never cool.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2010, 12:13:43 pm »

Grund, you do realise two just got banned (again forever) for this spam? You wish to join him?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 12:17:40 pm by Killer344 » Logged

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc