Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 02:32:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oblivion Full Conversion Mod: Nehrim  (Read 6108 times)
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: September 13, 2010, 01:23:36 am »

For those of you who still own and play this wonderful game, a new mod has just been converted and released in English. I'm way too excited for this and I am downloading tonight, it looks amazing. New everything!

Here is the description from moddb:
Total Conversion for Oblivion: "Nehrim - At Fate's Edge" is a finished Total Conversion for the RPG The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. That means it is a self-contained game that bases upon the Oblivion game engine, but has no relation to Oblivion's lore. It is a world in which neither Tamriel nor any other TES based name exists. The continent itself on which the game is situated is called Nehrim, it is completely independent from the base game. Nehrim was developed by the Sureai Team (www.sureai.de). We have already created two Total Conversions for Morrowind, named Arktwend and Myar Aranath, but unfortunately there never was an English version of them. This time, however, we will develop an English version of the project with translated texts and German voice acting.

Link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/nehrim-at-fates-edge/downloads/nehrim-at-fates-edge-english-release

With Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM) This is easy to install. Let me know what you think!
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 01:40:24 am »

yeah, I saw it some time ago, good mod but MERP... is just astonishing http://www.moddb.com/mods/merp-middle-earth-roleplaying-mod

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 02:10:33 am »

I'm excited for MERP, I downloaded a beta a while ago, but couldn't find anything in the world at all. I visited a few locations, and I reckon it'll be fantastic when and IF it finally gets developed, but it seems like it's a few years off, no?
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 03:11:14 am »

Civ 5 in 8 days.

Just putting it out there

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 04:03:38 am »

I made my german friend play this (german version) he said the story and the gameplay sucked balls, might give it a try though..

SublimeHauken - Back from the dead - Since 2007'
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 04:09:56 am »

Civ 5 in 8 days.

Just putting it out there

LOL Indeed =)

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
BigDick
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 07:36:46 am »

....but unfortunately there never was an English version of them.

time to learn german noobz!!!  Cool

This time, however, we will develop an English version of the project with translated texts and German voice acting.

Link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/nehrim-at-fates-edge/downloads/nehrim-at-fates-edge-english-release

With Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM) This is easy to install. Let me know what you think!

Actually i don't think that they really translated the voice acting as good as it is in original version, because for german version they had an professional audio studio and professional voice actors.
It sounded even better than most of commercial games.

I made my german friend play this (german version) he said the story and the gameplay sucked balls, might give it a try though..

I think your german friend is just fail. Nehrim isn't as much for casual gamers like (B)Oblivion its more gameplay wise in direction of gothic RPG series without that much autoleveling of NPCs and with a real storyline. It behaves like a real new game and not like (B)Oblivion anymore.
I did not played the whole "Game" but the parts i played looked pretty good for story driven open world action RPGs.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 07:54:24 am »

I'm excited for MERP, I downloaded a beta a while ago, but couldn't find anything in the world at all. I visited a few locations, and I reckon it'll be fantastic when and IF it finally gets developed, but it seems like it's a few years off, no?

About 3 years to get finished, the team seems very dedicated though, they've been working for years already...
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 08:16:04 am »

I think your german friend is just fail. Nehrim isn't as much for casual gamers like (B)Oblivion its more gameplay wise in direction of gothic RPG series without that much autoleveling of NPCs and with a real storyline. It behaves like a real new game and not like (B)Oblivion anymore.
I did not played the whole "Game" but the parts i played looked pretty good for story driven open world action RPGs.
Hmm, alright, i'll give it a go when i install oblivion again. Smiley
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 10:53:21 pm »

My original Oblivion already has Qarl's texture pack and many other graphical mods, but the feeling when you step outside the first dungeon in to the world in Nehrim is just unreal.. It looks incredible. The game focuses more on RPG than on the action side of things, the leveling system is much better too. This isn't really comparable to Oblivion, it's much more story driven and high level items aren't easily attainable, I had to read a 20 page book to find 3 potions of healing!

time to learn german noobz!!!  Cool

Actually i don't think that they really translated the voice acting as good as it is in original version, because for german version they had an professional audio studio and professional voice actors.
It sounded even better than most of commercial games.

Translation is in text only, and it's pretty average. Hasn't really ruined the experience yet.

About 3 years to get finished, the team seems very dedicated though, they've been working for years already...

Good to know, really REALLY looking forward to it. I showed it to my Mrs. the other day and she said she'd actually play video games if it came out.. Thank you SO much! haha. Windfall was a pretty good mod too, although the lack of hints at times sometimes made it really hard to follow. I don't think there are too many other 'big' mods for Oblivion. There was some Desert mod that I was looking in to, but apparently it was all shitty trading sidequests Sad. The dragon mount mod, Akatosh Mount was pretty cool, especially if you want to test your PC!
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 06:30:42 am »

They said they would have an "awesome" beta ready for this christmas.

Fail BD is just fail lolz, they never said they would record everything again in english.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc