Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 01:54:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vet Rework  (Read 64209 times)
Gen.Kosciuszko Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #100 on: December 25, 2010, 04:30:51 pm »

Just do the thing vcoh does for PE for every vet level you choose either an offensive bonus or a defensive bonus.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #101 on: December 25, 2010, 04:31:49 pm »

Just do the thing vcoh does for PE for every vet level you choose either an offensive bonus or a defensive bonus.
Something similar is planned for the veterancy arc in Jan

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #102 on: December 25, 2010, 07:22:55 pm »

Whats the fun running a company then?

SublimeHauken - Back from the dead - Since 2007'
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #103 on: December 25, 2010, 07:38:37 pm »

3 vet levels as it is is fine. only nice thing would be vet 4 and 5 for pros to shine around with. but no buffs.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 08:41:47 pm by LeoPhone » Logged
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2010, 06:50:07 am »

Some people have suggested that you can rename your unit so why not use the same vet system as in omg mod? More permanent buffs is just bad, Vet 5 Tigers/Pershings that are even more dominating than they are now. What players want to see is kch with real camouflage jackets or a bike nicknamed Hells Angels.

* Levels One to Three are "Normal". When a unit achieves these levels they get a moderate statistic bonus to a specific area.
    * Level Four and Five are "Prestige". When a unit achieves level 4 they will have attained "Known" status and their owner gives them a unique name that will show up in the WarCP, in the game, and on the leaderboards. When the unit achieves level 5 they will attained "Feared" status and it will unlock a custom unit skin.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2010, 09:25:43 am »

What players want to see

Nice overgeneralization of the entire playerbase without any evidence whatsoever. I, for one, most certainly do not care for cosmetic changes.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2010, 02:30:37 pm »

You're also the only one who stated that. Most people just agree that more levels would be nice and it's either that or something similar to PE vet system.

There's plenty of evidence but not really any for your "argument" if you can call it that. I don't like this and that, I want super kings tigers that shoot nukes.

With replies like that it's exactly what people will interpret your messages as.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #107 on: December 28, 2010, 02:38:23 pm »

Nice overgeneralization of the entire playerbase without any evidence whatsoever. I, for one, most certainly do not care for cosmetic changes.

You know, you can call it overgeneralization, or you can look at things like Sony, who runs the entire PSN and Playstation Home while making a tidy profit on 'cosmetic changes'

Face it, people like to personalize and beautify thier stuff no matter what it is.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #108 on: December 28, 2010, 04:14:31 pm »

But the question is, do people want cosmetic changes REPLACING spots for something that actually affects gameplay?

It was not an argument, Pony, simply stating that you are overgeneralizing. You stated something extremely stupid. The entire playerbase wants x. That's like me saying 'every female is a whore'. Yay, retarded generalizations.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #109 on: December 28, 2010, 05:12:26 pm »

But the question is, do people want cosmetic changes REPLACING spots for something that actually affects gameplay?

It was not an argument, Pony, simply stating that you are overgeneralizing. You stated something extremely stupid. The entire playerbase wants x. That's like me saying 'every female is a whore'. Yay, retarded generalizations.

To the first Part, yes. Sometimes it might just be better giving mandos a Green Beret to wear at vet 7 then give them a potentially game breaking +35 health per squad member.

And to the second, its not overgeneralizing. 90% of the community likes the idea, your the only person who became upset. Maybe you feel that its to close to decorating, and which is often a gay mans area, and are extremely insecure? Whatever is is that makes you so contrary (i personally believe its your fail need to be SO much smarter then the rest of us) i really don't care anymore.

Fact is, its not an over generalization. Its a smart analysis of the human population in general, who care about cosmetics on nearly everything we consider to be our property.
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #110 on: December 28, 2010, 05:22:49 pm »

To the first Part, yes. Sometimes it might just be better giving mandos a Green Beret to wear at vet 7 then give them a potentially game breaking +35 health per squad member.

So the want for cosmetic changes is based on retarded assumptions then? I know you are just using +35 hp per member as an example, but there is no reason to believe any of the vet at vet 4 or vet 5 will be gamebreaking. The devs may very well plan to reduce the effectiveness of vet since there is no longer a cost and more levels so that a vet 5 unit will be just as good or a little bit better than a vet 3 unit now.

By the way, 95% of the community hates the idea, and you two are the only ones who want this.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 05:24:40 pm by Artekas » Logged
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #111 on: December 28, 2010, 05:28:04 pm »

By the way, 95% of the community hates the idea, and you two are the only ones who want this.

Now that is just anger talking, face up, there is a reason EVERYTHING in the world, games included have options for cosmetic changes. It allows people to put thier own personal touch on things, fact is stuff without customization just don't do aswell.
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #112 on: December 28, 2010, 05:30:57 pm »

I can't even tell what you're trying to say in that post, honestly. You say something about anger and then something about cosmetics. What do either of those have to do with the discussion? Maybe try discussing the topic instead of rambling, and address my points.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2010, 05:45:20 pm »

"There's two things you can make up on the internet and expect people to believe it :
Statistics and quotes"
 -Albert Einstein

Your entire discussion is retarded.

Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #114 on: December 28, 2010, 05:50:44 pm »

The entire discussion has nothing to do with statistics or your made up quote, though. It has to do with the fact that saying a large majority of a group thinks X and doing absolutely nothing to prove that is retarded.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #115 on: December 28, 2010, 05:56:13 pm »

It has to do with the fact that saying a large majority of a group thinks X and doing absolutely nothing to prove that is retarded.

Ergo, discussion is retarded.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2010, 06:32:22 pm »

"There's two things you can make up on the internet and expect people to believe it :
Statistics and quotes"
 -Albert Einstein

Your entire discussion is retarded.

I see what you did thar. o.O

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2010, 08:30:27 pm »

Some people have suggested that you can rename your unit so why not use the same vet system as in omg mod? More permanent buffs is just bad, Vet 5 Tigers/Pershings that are even more dominating than they are now. What players want to see is kch with real camouflage jackets or a bike nicknamed Hells Angels.

* Levels One to Three are "Normal". When a unit achieves these levels they get a moderate statistic bonus to a specific area.
    * Level Four and Five are "Prestige". When a unit achieves level 4 they will have attained "Known" status and their owner gives them a unique name that will show up in the WarCP, in the game, and on the leaderboards. When the unit achieves level 5 they will attained "Feared" status and it will unlock a custom unit skin.

unless you're willing to flay an artist and a coder into making new states (or unit entry depending how you handle it) and skins for every single unit in the game, unfortunately new skins arn't going to work for vet.

then you have the logistic problem of getting everyone to download a copy of every model with a new diffuse texture, which would just be collosal. just to save you guys the trouble i had figuring it out =P
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2010, 09:12:53 pm »

unless you're willing to flay an artist and a coder into making new states (or unit entry depending how you handle it) and skins for every single unit in the game, unfortunately new skins arn't going to work for vet.

then you have the logistic problem of getting everyone to download a copy of every model with a new diffuse texture, which would just be collosal. just to save you guys the trouble i had figuring it out =P
Thats kinda what I thought too Khorney - which is why if anything of 'prestige' was going to go in, it was going to be via leaderboard or special ability / buff etc.

Vet 4 and 5 (if added) would not be customisation of anything visible - it might be something special, but it would require a lot of forethought, and be careful to balance right.

Picking the right combo of offensive (or defensive) 'buffs' that you could choose from (ala PE styles) - could potentially break balance on a normally balanced unit.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #119 on: December 28, 2010, 09:26:03 pm »

Give the Pershing a mine plow at vet 5. That shit would be funny - And practical.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc