Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:55:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 16, 2024, 09:46:19 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New player  (Read 4902 times)
brandothecommando Offline
EIR Regular

« on: November 15, 2010, 10:57:46 pm »

So, just got into EiR and I gotta say...I'm excited!  It looks really cool and deep, but I can tell that I'm in over my head already.

Needless to say, looking for some games to play, but having troubles as there appears to be an over abundance of axis players in my area.

Also, need a dev/mod to allow me ventrilo access...not exactly sure how to go about that but soem help would be nice!

User name is brandothecommando and so far I've started as scorched earth PE.

Look forward to meeting you all in the future!
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 11:06:03 pm »

I like him already!!

Ok, first things first, there is no build order, so you can meet a Pershing right off the bat. Always have 2 forms of AT in your starting callin as well as sufficient anti-infantry. Try and cram a Mortar in if possible as well.

Some people like a 25 pop starting callin, I prefer having lots of smaller callins to start the game with whatever I need based on my opponent.

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 09:10:34 am »

You are off to the right start by posting good questions.

I would strongly suggest going through all of the tutorials.
Not all of the members around here are patient, and the rest can be complete dickheads when it comes to new players. Do the tutorials and you will be half way there.

I would suggest a full 25 pop starting call in until you get used to the game and develop a play style. There is a vast difference between VCoH and this mod.

You will loose your first 20 games - Guaranteed  Grin

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 10:48:01 am »

You will loose your first 20 games - Guaranteed  Grin

well it depends if he has been given good advise or not and if the players he is playing with are good

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 10:57:07 am »

Tbh hell never get 20 games coz noone will him . Kiss

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 11:08:51 am »

If you play watch ALL of the tutorials, get VENT, and ask for advice from a good player ( not me, I suck ) then people will play games with you.
COHCommando Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 06:19:36 pm »

first of all glad your here second of all commando is mine name  Grin because my name is Ericthecommando
brandothecommando Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 11:30:19 pm »

Yeah, but you gotta admit...brandothecommando is infinitely sexier...plus it rhymes and that was my CoH name for ages and ages as all the other good ones were taken!

Again, look forward to playing some games with all you all.  I live in Alberta, Canada.  Just in case anyone is near my time zone who wanted to play some games/coach me a bit in the new version of CoH.

Also, do you suggest starting at 1v1 or going straight into team games?  I've played a lot of regular CoH but mostly at the 1V1 level.  I did manage to get pretty high a long time ago when I had the time to play the game (I just reached the top 300 for allies)...so I'm not a great team player!
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 11:38:42 pm »

The game is built around team play and the nuances of EiR really show in team games. Teamwork conquers all. Your best off playing in team games. 3v3's carry a good weight of anonymity if your unsure of your footing.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 11:47:22 pm »

alot of new people like to jump into 1v1's. Unfortunatly as the mod isn't ballanced for it, it will leave you underprepared or even worse off then you were before

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2010, 01:41:26 am »

alot of new people like to jump into 1v1's. Unfortunatly as the mod isn't ballanced for it, it will leave you underprepared or even worse off then you were before

speaking of which my 1v1 map should be totally in  Roll Eyes

Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2010, 09:02:25 am »

The reason 1v1 dont work is because EiR is built around the "wave" principal, send one wave in keep it on as long as possible and then keep the pressure on, if your "wave" is destroyed you often have an allied player that kan keep the ebb and flow of your units in sync (teamplay part) when this does not work often results in loss.

also dont get stuck on one flank and blob! To many AoR abilities and supression spec Axis Vs allied, and hitting a front at the same time is not a very effective way of winning, since al it mostly does is hamminrg a wave into stone. Try finding weak points or flanks, or create them with heavy tanks or Mortars Cheesy

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2010, 11:16:15 am »

The reason 1v1 dont work is because EiR is built around the "wave" principal, send one wave in keep it on as long as possible and then keep the pressure on, if your "wave" is destroyed you often have an allied player that kan keep the ebb and flow of your units in sync (teamplay part) when this does not work often results in loss.

also dont get stuck on one flank and blob! To many AoR abilities and supression spec Axis Vs allied, and hitting a front at the same time is not a very effective way of winning, since al it mostly does is hamminrg a wave into stone. Try finding weak points or flanks, or create them with heavy tanks or Mortars Cheesy

Nothing like being in a 1v1 and having a 40 second call in timer

hmm, maybe we should turn EIRR into a Tower Defense game Tongue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc