Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:00:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Democharges  (Read 7194 times)
11on2d6 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: December 01, 2010, 01:11:53 pm »

Democharges are 60munitions and static, they seem pretty much like a super mine, except it requires a little bit of micro and overwatch, fair enough considering how powerful it is.

The thing that surprised me with them is that they have goliath camoflage, they can be detected at distance by units...before the units get near enough to them to be effected by the explosion, this is ordinary units btw, not sweeper units. While this type of camo kinda makes sense for goliaths, since they can move and chase after their prey, democharges cannot move, so if you can detect them from a distance there really is no excuse to ever get hit by one.

What im saying is, the democharge seems worthless with this type of camo, what do people think about changing it to regular mine camo? so it can be detected by sweepers...but not by a guy standing a 1/4 of a screen away.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 01:14:20 pm »

demos are fine. they are like unmovable goliaths so thats a disadvantage but they do come on good mainline infantry instead of on high pool weak pioneers. they are also cheaper.

not to mention that it sucks ass to fight vs democharges. even if they are UP, better keep it that way ;P
11on2d6 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 01:17:56 pm »

but they will never have an effect on the game...people jsut shoot them and move on....that was my point. The invisabilty is fairly pointless when they can be detected from 12m away anyways.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 01:19:15 pm »

You place them under bushes or where it's hard to see the white circle. You can also place it on decrewed at guns. You should not put them on some kind of open road.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 01:30:29 pm by EliteGren » Logged

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
11on2d6 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 01:27:08 pm »

hmm ok, ill try the atg trick that sounds funny. I might try putting them in houses too...people might not notice Cheesy

apparently BurnForMePlease uses them too.... how does he use them? like you suggested?
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 01:28:54 pm »

tried building a sandbag on top of it?

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
11on2d6 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 01:32:23 pm »

not yet, but sounds like a plan.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 01:36:13 pm »

I hid them anywhere I can, Placing them on ATG's is always a good idea, that way even if they see the Demo they have to kill the ATG.
Just make sure you lower the health on the ATG to half or something so when the demo charge explodes it actually kills the weapon.

placing them on open roads in combat areas is usually a bad idea but with Panzer Pio's if you can get in the path or reinforcements on longer maps you can place a Demo and a firecracker mine right ontop/beside the Demo. you don;t even have to be looking when it explodes as whatever hits the Firecracker sets off the Demo.
Chances are the enemy player isn't watching his troops move up from the spawn.

Also Demo explosions clear out buildings, so instead of placing the charge into a building place it between multiple buildings. when the charge goes off it'll clear any of them in the radius

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
11on2d6 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 01:38:20 pm »

ok! thanks for that list of idea's, ill make sure to try em out soon.

were democharges considered broken when they had the original cloak on them?
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 01:50:37 pm »

When I planted democharges with Panzer Pioneers, my opponent was trying as hard as he could to kill it, but he couldn't. He had mortars and a tank shooting at it for quite a while. Bug?
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 02:32:39 pm »

were democharges considered broken when they had the original cloak on them?

Yes. Because whole squads would die before finding out what caused it.

Currently Democharges have 12 Detect which is their base maximum range. at 200 Damage for a Demo you only do 24 damage at the maximum range. Which is pitiful. However inattentiveness of your enemy can net you much more in the way of kills. As can good positioning and placement.

Commando's get a Doctrine unlock that boosts the AoE of mines and Demo's by 3m. Scorched Earth gets an ability to reduce the detection range by 1m(that -1m may increase)

Not to mention the psychological impact of everything in front of your enemy exploding
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 03:10:22 pm »

demos are fine. they are like unmovable goliaths so thats a disadvantage but they do come on good mainline infantry instead of on high pool weak pioneers.

What kind of messed logic did you use to consider pioneers "high pool weak"? But US engineers mainline infantry? I'm curious.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 03:16:40 pm »

demos are fine. they are like unmovable goliaths so thats a disadvantage but they do come on good mainline infantry instead of on high pool weak pioneers. they are also cheaper.

Leo, if thats true, then how come the weak pio's will beat the 'mainline' engies 1v1 every time

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 03:20:50 pm »

Spartan... did this mod change pio/engi stats? If not, if you ever played vcoh you would know that unless pios are in a building they will never beat engineers, even in green cover. 1v1s between the units are extremely common 'cause they're early game capping units, so you get to see engineers > pios in combat all the time.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 03:22:33 pm »

They are talking about SE Panzer Pioneers, not US engineers

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 03:23:00 pm »

True enough, but in EIRR nobody uses unupgraded engineers and pios for combat.
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 03:23:34 pm »

I do  Angry

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2010, 03:23:42 pm »

Spartan... did this mod change pio/engi stats? If not, if you ever played vcoh you would know that unless pios are in a building they will never beat engineers, even in green cover. 1v1s between the units are extremely common 'cause they're early game capping units, so you get to see engineers > pios in combat all the time.

WTF you talking about pio 2 man squad always win. They won in VCOH, they win in COHO and they win in EIRR. Oh true i was talking about flames but who doesn't give flames to engies and pios
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2010, 03:24:53 pm »

They are talking about SE Panzer Pioneers, not US engineers

lies! were talking about commandos!
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 03:25:59 pm »

I didn't realise you were talking about flamers because you mentioned nothing about it, I sometimes use pios/engis without flamers personally. They are still a decent contribution in combat after they have done their job, not the most efficient but not useless either.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc