Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 02:09:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Da dup da da da rup ta ta - ta la la (etc carnival music)  (Read 13083 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2010, 12:27:37 am »

^

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2010, 12:32:03 am »

OP:

EIR lets us traverse the Phantasy by allowing us to overidentify (to the point of absurdity) with the Real. Like other works of absurdity, EIR doesn't show what reality is (atleast not directly) but rather takes the false images present in the Phantasy and caricatures them. This reveals the inherent contradiction between the real real and the Real allowing us to catch a glimpse, even if just for a moment, of truth or reality. Absurdity shatters the foundations with which the false images are built on by showing them as they truly are; false. At that point the only proper response is laughter. To see the ideals (the Symbolic) on which our life is based to be ethereal lies leaves us with nothing. There is no other proper response.

EIR is a game built on top of code and numbers. Like every game it has an optimal strategy which destroys the nature (or spirit) of the game, but finding which is technically the object of the game. So often we delude ourselves that our fellow players will play to the "spirit" of the game. Yet, that is only a delusion, as you now know. Yet, we players keep playing. Like the absurd hero who rolls the rock up the mountain every moment of existence,

One must imagine EIR players happy.

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2010, 12:53:37 am »

OP:

EIR lets us....(rest of post)

They are only beginning to understand what you and I have known for eons Masacree.... EiRMod is actually Samuel Beckett reborn.

-Wind

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2010, 01:05:19 am »

Every time we allow people start a new company with PPs, your always going to have that handful of asshats that get board and create bullshit companies on a whim because they can bypass the PP sink. We did this for the campaign and also before with end war testing and it nearly killed the mod.

<snip>

Everything is being restructured by the warmap so just sit tight and Try Not to Piss Eachother OFF
This.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2010, 01:09:26 am »

OP:

EIR lets us...

<snip>

One must imagine EIR players happy.
<3

Love the post =)
ErwinNH Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2010, 02:28:40 am »

To clarify, I was talking about spam coys, not spam call-ins. Spam call-ins you deal with, whatever, lose some units, bring counters etc. I'm talking about spam coys that are 90% of 1 thing and once you've exhausted those counters... you're done.

Everybody has weighed in their two cents, even got some epistemological perspectives (i'm not a relativist, sorry), so I consider it /endrant. If nothing else this drew out many true colors in the community, and I'm glad to have that better defined.

Good luck with warmap.
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2010, 09:32:08 am »

even got some epistemological perspectives (i'm not a relativist, sorry)

Sounds like we need some logical positivists up in hur.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2010, 09:37:23 am »

To clarify, I was talking about spam coys, not spam call-ins. Spam call-ins you deal with, whatever, lose some units, bring counters etc. I'm talking about spam coys that are 90% of 1 thing and once you've exhausted those counters... you're done.

Everybody has weighed in their two cents, even got some epistemological perspectives (i'm not a relativist, sorry), so I consider it /endrant. If nothing else this drew out many true colors in the community, and I'm glad to have that better defined.

Good luck with warmap.

In the future companies will quickly RUN OUT of a unit type if they keep spamming it.

Theres not going to be any oversupply - in otherwords, no spending PP to purchase OVER the reserve.

Theres going to be the weapon cache pool - which will be for upgrades (and some units I guess) which will cost pool points.
Some upgrades will also pull from the current normal pools (Like +1 Inf for RRs)

Even so, people can still bring those nasty Spam starts.. here are some ideas for how to avoid getting crushed by them.

- Parrot
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2010, 09:41:19 am »

This can turn out so cool! Lost your KT? now you have to wait 5 games until you can buy a new one Tongue
BigDick
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2010, 09:47:31 am »

like omg mod?

if not - to remove oversupply does not change much

last time i played eir i had 4 types of units in my company without paying any pp for oversupply

and there was no variations in terms of e.g. storms with shreck and storms with mp44
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2010, 09:48:49 am »

Read it again and again until you understand it.
BigDick
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2010, 09:50:19 am »

i would understand the named system ("Theres going to be the weapon cache pool") like a copy of OMG mod
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2010, 09:51:00 am »

It didn't state that it would be like the OMG system anywhere Smiley.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2010, 09:57:40 am »

i would understand the named system ("Theres going to be the weapon cache pool") like a copy of OMG mod

OMG doesnt price pool costs differently based on whether or not you have a set of RR on a squad, you can still buy the same amount of AB.

That said if you go look at OMG pool costs they are VERY strict atm

The new system will have this - and you wont be able to oversupply at all
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 10:00:08 am by Smokaz » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc