Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 11:46:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moros Mod  (Read 2996 times)
fight.kitsch Offline
EIR Regular

« on: December 28, 2010, 02:02:35 am »

Hello everyone!
I just wanted to stop by to raise interest in my newly released mod for CoH.
Inspired by the EIRR/OMG type gameplay, I wanted to create something in between that and vCoH, while adding a few twists of my own. I'm doing everything myself, and although there are many things left unfinished, I wanted to get the gameplay I'm working on out to the community to get some feedback. (I'm not very good at this PR thing either, so I'll try to keep things terse.)

The basic play is very simple - each player controls a command squad that is like their king alla chess. The objective is to kill all the enemy command squads without losing your own.

I hope to be getting some maps together, some of my own and perhaps some community maps, to release as a map pack since the relic maps are a bit large for the current gameplay. There are still (as always) bugs to fix and things to balance as well.

Hopefully you all will find some enjoyment out of this. Thank you!
f.k / notamuse
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 02:19:57 am »

I like the look of this, ill defintly Dl when i can.

EIR:R should add something like this into it. Cheesy
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 03:05:22 am »

im guessing theres no artillery in this or it'd absolutely rape lol

kinda reminds me of Salans mod too.

would be a nice game mode for eir but dunno how it could be in corporated.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 04:26:48 am »

It actually does sound intresting..

SublimeHauken - Back from the dead - Since 2007'
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 04:34:03 am »

Well how about an "infantry only" engagement in EIR:R no tanks no vehicals just plain infantry Cheesy
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 04:35:09 am »

Well how about an "infantry only" engagement in EIR:R no tanks no vehicals just plain infantry Cheesy
This calls for the EMHHH GHEEE !!! and snip0r
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 04:38:20 am »

Is there a working AI?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
Does he have a problem?
Anyway he's hilarious.
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 04:41:43 am »

Is there a working AI?
Moros is a multiplayer* mod designed around giving both sides an equal playing field and raising the skill cap as high as possible. Taking inspiration from the game of chess, the objective of each game is killing the enemys' command squads.
- There are no base buildings, no tech-ing, no tanks, and no territory capture. This puts the focus entirely on the combat and player skill.
- Each player starts with a set amount of resources and is unable to gain any more, making each unit precious and unreplacable.
- Units are quickly built and walk on from the edges of the map.
- Both sides are exact mirrors of one another, eliminating any German<=>American imbalance.

*Skirmish does work, but is currently bugged since I cannot get the computers to reliably call in command squads.
**The OF factions are not balanced against the Americans and Wehr - they sacrifice equality for more flavorful army composition. (Still a WIP)**

After six months of on and off work, Moros is ready to be released to the public! There are several things I wish I could include with the release but will have to follow shortly thereafter, including:
 - Custom Maps. I have a map of my own that I will be releasing most likely in a collective map pack. If any of you have suggestions or maps of your own that you would be willing to let me release in a map pack for my mod, please give me a heads up - I will be doing a search for quality maps and contacting their makers soon.
 - AI bugs: along with the computer AI sometimes not calling in a command squad before their sixty seconds are up, they currently do not capture VP points. Along with this, the score screen is totally incorrect and does not count kills / deaths. (It's about the gameplay, not the points though, right?)
 - Adding a third command squad / army to the OF factions, along with further balancing of the OF <=> vanilla factions. It is intended that the OF factions gain certain strengths and mechanics while sacrificing overall power.
 - Additional art, both ingame and outside.
 - A mini-manual, giving a description of the units and the game mechanics.

Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy playing, and look forward to hearing feedback very much. I am working on getting at least temporary forums up shortly as well to facilitate discussion and provide a space for game replays to be posted so I can review things in balance and further fine tune the unit balance.
--
Works.. but minor bug.
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 09:28:52 am »

I love chess!

This looks interesting.

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
fight.kitsch Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 09:19:20 am »

Thanks for the responses everyone! I'm very excited.
I've released a semi-small update which will hopefully fix a number of imbalances and bugs. Hopefully I'll have the manual done this weekend as well, and I'm still looking into a map pack.
Thank you all! Give me a heads up if you find anything that you believe needs fixing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc