Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:02:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Company Composition  (Read 13977 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2010, 06:20:44 am »

In my opinnion Sherman 76mm and Sherman 75mm should be two different Units in all honesty. With 76mm being more expensive.

Similar way P4 could come with two versions. Pzkpfw IV and Pzkpfw IV H first one comes without skirts and other one with skirts. Skirted one would have a higher cost.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2010, 06:38:19 am »

The things which kills snipers the most often are:
1) Offmaps
2) Artillery
3) Bike Rushes
4) Counter-Snipe

You forgot the airborne sniper.
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2010, 06:51:01 am »

Also to note are the insane Fall's medkit. Most of the time, imbalance is due to poorly designed doctrines imo, not so much of pricing and stuff seeing that EiRR is already in such a "mature" state of development.

That's a bug, derp.
poyrazthewicked Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2010, 07:32:07 am »

Personally I am not against spamming, because we all choose a doctrine and focusing only few things(if u have US-Armour doc u should spam shermans or m8's or other vehicles). But sometimes it makes games so boring...

here is my suggestion against uber spamming
1-) pool cost could be incresed when u buy the same shit (For Ex : if u buy 1 m8 with 9 pool cost second one could have 10 pool cost, so when u buy same thing again and again u should sacrifice ur pool values which can reduce the number of same unit)

2-)"man come on there is already a option as oversupply"... Really why do we have a option like that we have already reserve pool for that. This is the number one reason for level 9 coy spamming much more. I know after some times u will have a lot of pp but there is no way to spend them on something maybe after implementing reward things it can be solved...as a conculusion we should get rid of OVERSUPPLY

-wickY26
slyguy7447 Offline
Donator

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2010, 07:42:28 am »

+1.

Also like the idea of offloading large amounts of PP to buy a reward point.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2010, 08:51:22 am »

- AB sniper and commando sniper should get sniper armor so bikes will once again be a counter for these units (they need a counter)

- I noticed smokaz playing with pershings that can move and shoot at 80% normal rate while repairing (did he combine 2 t3s?) this together with double repair kits is simply too powerful. repairing shouldnt be touched much and move + shoot while repairing should not be possible in the constraints of a doctrine.

- Calliope is too powerful for a T2

- Staghound top MG gunner cant die
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 08:53:12 am by LeoPhone » Logged
ErwinNH Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2010, 09:53:58 am »

- ...can move and shoot at 80% normal rate while repairing (did he combine 2 t3s?) this together with double repair kits is simply too powerful. repairing shouldnt be touched much and move + shoot while repairing should not be possible in the constraints of a doctrine

I can probably agree with this as a 1 doctrine only ability, but as people have mentioned with free infantry heals, is anybody averse to both allies and axis having access to repair bunkers?
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2010, 10:13:24 am »

I wouldn't mind seeing that some docs would get repair bunkers or ability to repair.

PE- BergeTiger

Wehrmacht - Repair Bunker

US - Repair Truck

British - Expert Sappers

[OR their armor truck which deploys 2 sappers to repair vehicles similar way to wehr repair bunker]

Each one of those are unique in their own way and carries a disadvantage AND advantage. Where Berge is the fattest and strongest it is as well the most pop consuming. Where Repair bunker is strong and solid and low pop it is immobile and a building easy to destroy. While US Repair truck is mobile and pop cheap it is fragile abd British sappers are balanced at all of those. Except their pop should be per squad and not per squad member to avoid a certain "rofl i go get some of these kill'd so i get 1 pop repairer roflz lolz"
sheffer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2010, 10:48:18 am »

I wouldn't mind seeing that some docs would get repair bunkers or ability to repair.

PE- BergeTiger

Wehrmacht - Repair Bunker

US - Repair Truck

British - Expert Sappers

[OR their armor truck which deploys 2 sappers to repair vehicles similar way to wehr repair bunker]

good idea but only with fuel reduction

Senseless and ruthless.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2010, 11:25:14 am »

Spam cannot be stopped. If players cannot spam tanks or infantry themselves in the future due to patches, they will pair up with people of like doctrine composition and spam collectively. From the player's point of view it's just as bad. Because even though there might be less airborne on the field altogether because of pool costs (even with collective spam), the other team has the same restriction, so they're in the same boat. I say the mod is generally fine. Players should construct balanced companies and maybe buy a few more tanks/inf/mortars etc based on what every player's play-style preference is.

I'm running a fairly balanced armored company with no real spam tbh and it's working fairly well for me regardless as to whether or not my enemies spam any kind of units. As long as I play with teammates that are around as good as me (preferably better) and we can communicate with each other pretty well, it works out okay. I understand just as much as anyone about crocodile spam and rrs etc etc, but I just don't know if spam will ever go away. I'm also not sure if it should go away.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2010, 01:04:42 pm »

Oversupply will be removed.

I was thinking about this before I went to bed last night, but wouldn't the removal of oversupply lean heavily towards infantry over vehicles, and the again 'duh' of always getting T3 MU advantage and T2 MP?  You could opt to take fuel but seeing as tanks take up a lot of their own reserve and oversupply (I run very heavily over just to take P4s in my companies), this seems to punish anyone who runs armor whileas I wouldn't have an issue with an infantry company due to them being less 'pool' per guy than their tank counterpart?

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2010, 01:42:24 pm »

good idea but only with fuel reduction

This actually used to work just fine, same amount of fuel.

It just became important to hunt down repair stations, just like healing stations.

Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2010, 03:57:49 pm »

When i first started playing here i say guys have 2 or 3 repair bunkers, especially if they had tigers... it was nuts.. i would beat one down to almost nothing, he would back away, only to come back a few min later fully charged.. repeat and rinse, was rather nuts.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2010, 03:59:29 pm »

When i first started playing here i say guys have 2 or 3 healing stations, especially if they had rangers/ab... it was nuts.. i would beat some down to almost nothing, he would back away, only to come back a few min later fully charged.. repeat and rinse, was rather nuts.

Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2010, 04:03:37 pm »

pfft, big difference is rangers and ab can lose men, which weakens their effectiveness.. now if they retreated when health was only hurt ya, but normally they lose a guy or 2.. a bit of difference in my eyes.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2010, 04:04:58 pm »

pfft, big difference is rangers and ab can lose men, which weakens their effectiveness.. now if they retreated when health was only hurt ya, but normally they lose a guy or 2.. a bit of difference in my eyes.

Not true, you can keep a low pop 2-3 man AB squad with RR's and be just as effective as the 6 man squad as far as killing power.

Rangers are effective still at 3 men as well.

Not to mention using it to repair ATGs and heal the guns.
sheffer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2010, 04:28:12 pm »

r u kidding? ab and elite armor crit table is just awesome, sometimes my rangers retreat to triage with 15-25% health but with 6 men in squad lol. Elite, ab armor + any healing is a great advantage.
P.S. that why i love sooo much my flammen grens ^^
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2010, 04:32:18 pm »

When i first started playing here i say guys have 2 or 3 repair bunkers, especially if they had tigers... it was nuts.. i would beat one down to almost nothing, he would back away, only to come back a few min later fully charged.. repeat and rinse, was rather nuts.

Ahh i remember those days, where you could fix your FF with sappers, to keep them blasting away at that damn tiger that kept coming back. But as you said, it wasnt a very good mechanic.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2010, 05:48:57 pm »

yea...it was biased towards axis because they had much better/less vulnerable repair options.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2010, 06:25:25 pm »

yea...it was biased towards axis because they had much better/less vulnerable repair options.

Which was evened out by the Allies having much better healing for infantry and ATGs.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc