Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 12:50:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM] LEIG 18  (Read 20522 times)
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2011, 10:48:49 am »

wrong.

Right

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No._68_AT_Grenade

Goddamn people in this mod need to start learning about the war they claim to know so much about

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2011, 01:30:58 pm »

i dunno why it was made a stuh look alike. its meant to be a 75 range mortar piece of equipment. why it was made into a stuh im baffled

Because it was used mainly in a direct support role with the option of Bombardment.

Tank130; I agree, remove AB Rifles, Jumbo's, Brit support weapons, etc too.

OR we can realize that it was pretty balanced before this patch, yes, they were deadly if left alone, however, being a slow piece of support with a limited fire arc and a high pop cost you could field a 105mm HOWITZER for 1 pop more and slightly more cost.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2011, 08:51:23 pm »

Used LeIG today, just to let people know how it does.

Still fails vs infantry compared to other units.

Can penetrate LVs and M10's, does less than 10% damage off an M10, so we are talking about 25-30HP of damage from a penetrating hit.

Also, it seems to still have the Armor type of a Nebel as well, meaning that it gets hit by ATGs pretty much 90%.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2011, 08:55:21 pm »

Thanks for your testimony AMPM, you are a trustworthy source. *Salute*

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2011, 09:06:52 pm »

Just because you don't like the LeIG doesn't mean other people don't.

I really wanted it to be good. Check its armor type, it takes hits from ATGs all day, secondly, it's failing at anti infantry duty, which wouldn't be so bad if it was half AI and half AT. But right now its half AI and no AT.

It needs to be looked at. For 360mp and 100mu, 6pop and a T3 unlock it should really do something on the battlefield similar to other T3 unit unlocks.

LeIG Stat Breakdown:

Accuracy:
S 1.0
M 0.5
L 0.25

Damage 100
vs Armor .50
vs Infantry .60
vs Emplacement .75
vs Buildings 1.0

Now the fun part.

Damage for AoE
S 1.0
M 0.7
L 0.4

So it does shit all damage if its not spot on, and with its epic .25 accuracy it's not likely.

The LeIG on will do about 42 damage in most cases (AoE medium vs Infantry), or 2 damage more than an Axis hand grenade.

Also, vs Armor, it will still penetrate reliably, HOWEVER its damage modifier is reduced to .5, so its does 50 damage. It penetrates a Sherman roughly 75% of the time, so if we assume average numbers, it will require 16 shots from a LeIG to kill a Sherman.

The GMC 75mm does roughly the same identical damage, is on a mobile platform that costs roughly the same (320mp 125fu vs 360mp 100mu), it's the same Pop, mobile and 50 range instead of 60. It's also immune to small arms, mortars, etc for the most part, and just as vulnerable as the LeIG to ATGs except it can move faster.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 01:30:50 am by AmPM » Logged
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2011, 09:20:33 pm »

Here's my lvl9 defensive coy that ive had since day 1. So, yes i have used it, forever, and ive used it for it's main purpose which has met my expectations for a support weapon. And it's being looked into. It's still an EIRR exclusive unit, we can do what we want with it, there's nothing keeping us from keeping it's origonal implementation.

spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2011, 09:25:57 pm »

So besides stroking your ego, what was the point of posting that picture?

I was in the game with AmPm, and in its current form I don't know why anyone in their right mind would want to field a LeiG. Incoming accuracy on the gun is ridiculous, every ATG/crom/firefly shot hit it on its first time, and its accuracy is atrocious. Its best use at the moment is to take hits.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2011, 09:28:17 pm »

I was in the game with AmPm, and in its current form I don't know why anyone in their right mind would want to field a LeiG. Incoming accuracy on the gun is ridiculous, every ATG/crom/firefly shot hit it on its first time, and its accuracy is atrocious. Its best use at the moment is to take hits.

I even straightforward rushed it with Infantry and killed it within seconds, sustaining a zero casualties even though it was guarded by Grens and a Mortar.

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2011, 09:28:23 pm »

Groundfire, I have had god knows how many LeIGs at vet 3.

The point is, that with those stats it is a WORSE choice than a second HMG in those callins.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2011, 09:40:05 pm »

Just *facepalm*

Im only stating that ive used the unit myself. I dont got some kinda vendetta against it. Im allowed my opinion too you douchebags.

Idk, maybe we should allow the stupid thing to do 100% of it's 100 dmg to a 55HP rifle squad. That sounds fair.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2011, 09:44:05 pm »

We're not saying you aren't allowed to have an opinion, we also don't care if it's EIRR exclusive or not, we're just looking for some kind of reason to use the unit, rather than have it wasting space in the company screen.

Once again, what was the reason for nerfing it in the first place? I've asked the same question about the PzGren changes twice and have still received NO answer from devs or community members at all. Your last sentence is just stupid too, nobody wants it to be overpowered, we're just raising the statement that it's underpowered. If you'd play a game with it, you'd notice it too.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2011, 09:48:13 pm »

We're not saying you aren't allowed to have an opinion, we also don't care if it's EIRR exclusive or not, we're just looking for some kind of reason to use the unit, rather than have it wasting space in the company screen.

Once again, what was the reason for nerfing it in the first place? I've asked the same question about the PzGren changes twice and have still received NO answer from devs or community members at all. Your last sentence is just stupid too, nobody wants it to be overpowered, we're just raising the statement that it's underpowered. If you'd play a game with it, you'd notice it too.

The reason the LeiG was nerfed was because it  penetrated every allied tank 100% of the time absolutely all the time for full damage.

There I said it, it's addressed to you spinn. You cannot say now that no one told you why.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2011, 09:52:44 pm »

Groundfire, I don't need it to ROFL WTFPWN everything. But for its Tier unlock cost, the cost of the unit, and the pop and pool value, along with it's weaknesses it should be better at killing Infantry than it is, if it stays in the straight Anti Infantry role.

Should it straight up kill a Rifleman if it lands on the squad? Probably.

Should it become tougher vs ATG? Definitely.

Also, do ATGs still have 50% accuracy vs eachother for some reason?
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2011, 09:54:36 pm »

Also, do ATGs still have 50% accuracy vs eachother for some reason?

Your so keen on posting up stats, figure it out for yourself.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2011, 09:55:20 pm »

Why thank you  Grin.
Reasoning helps in threads like this.

I understand now that the old incarnation of the unit was too powerful, but the current one is the opposite. Its current damage against m10's seems to be fine, it SHOULD take 10-12 shots to kill a tank because it's not dedicated AT.

The main problem that i've seen is that the gun receives too many hits which needs to change (Should be ATG accuracy).
I'll let LeIG users get across their points now!
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2011, 09:55:38 pm »

That's what Corsix is showing, 50% accuracy vs other ATGs which I though was supposed to have been reduced. But that's off topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc