Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:30:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 16, 2024, 09:46:19 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings Fellow Commanders  (Read 3815 times)
WolfX32 Offline
EIR Regular

« on: February 10, 2011, 01:39:58 am »

Greetings, I'm new here as I'm sure you can guess. I thought I'd join in the fun here...

I have ventrilo already as well as TS3 and Xfire if you have Xfire don't hesitate to add me, WolfX32...

I've watched numerous videos regarding the gameplay and how to get started so I just thought that I needed to introduce myself, also any advice is welcomed because the kind of micro that is needed for this mod is not something that I'm used to...

The tactical portion I appreciate but not the micro...

In closing I hope to have some fun battles in the near future and am looking for great teamwork, that is probably the primary reason why I decided to get this mod the teamwork... See you on the battlefield.

Quickly! Fire the things that make other things explode!
kwiatekkek Offline
okultysta, mistyk, szachista i alpinista.

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 01:51:21 am »

welcome to EIRR!

PS:
dont get killed
Wink

"L2P" is like a Auswitcz tattoo on your arm, a mark of the survivor.
*cough* Team Lead is Allied bias, just FYI
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 02:00:46 am »

I've only been on the mod for a bit over a month now. Really, the mass of "micro" does seem a bit daunting at first, but, once you understand that it really just boils down to "Keep you shit alive", it becomes a lot easier to grasp.

In the games I've played, some guys have been great at guiding me through a match when I've told them I was new. If i were to say names, it would be Killer344, enkk and wicky. Really, chances are you will learn all the skills neccesary for you "Micro" aspect in a couple of games. Having a team mate who can work with you and try and guide you is what is really needed for the early games. The biggest gap I fell into was focusing to much on the micro of a specific unit and failing to get things moving on the grand scale. A good team mate who can remind and and prod you to remember this is ridiculously valuable in your first few matches.

As such, try not you partner up with hicks, as he is very gung-ho in his manner and will tell you things after the fact >.>

It's like saying "i can understand his concerns that fire breathing dragons live in far away lands"
americans dont dodge wars.
Quote from: Trapfabricator
Literally, The only thing less likely than this is zombie hitler becoming prime minister of israel
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 02:22:10 am »

Hicks has been scolding people? Hicks! This is not like you. If he causes problems tell him "Go munch tea and biscuits" in a fake British accent. That usually makes him close his mouth for a while.  Grin

If you learn and know how to micro good for you Grin not everyone's perfect

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 05:45:14 am »

Welcome Smiley
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 07:55:43 am »

Wow, a Newbie with vent. That is just great to hear. Half your troubles are fixed just by having vent.

Welcome and have fun. You will loose most of your first 20 matches, so don't get discouraged.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 10:45:02 am »

if you are new to the mod, you must get vent. You do not need a mic to get vent, all we want is for yout o be able to hear us rather then us having to type out paragraphs to explain things to you. Its even more important when we go in game because we cant type and play.

So many new players are joining our ranks but have refused to get vent. After personally spendings hours of my own time helping some of teh new players, I have refused to help anyone who can't help themselves...by getting vent.

It also helps when we go in game and no longer have the launcher to type in. If we need to find you or direct you, we can talk and you can always open up a chatwindow (which is 10x better than using COH chat because it is so ghetto...

The hardest thing for a new person won't be the micro, it will be figuring out what to call in, when, and how to use it.

PQ

Common sense is not so common after all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc