Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 11, 2024, 06:34:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: US Armour: HVAP or Mobile Warfare  (Read 4516 times)
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: April 07, 2011, 02:23:05 pm »

Wondering which you guys prefer.

I really hate having Tigers and KT on the field b/c they are tough and take alot of resources and focus to kill. So pershing with HVAP against those and the m18 with additional ambush sounds appealing, and T17 can get some descent damage to light vehicles now. Plus i can throw in light vehicle caps when i get enought points.

Or do i head the route of mobile warfare. The ability to move alot faster and turret rotates faster can make for some mean flanking. When it says +2 to pop, does that mean those tanks cost an additional +2 to population? Seems rough.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 02:27:37 pm »

depends on whether you like power or speed. If you have a lot of issues combating heavy tanks, then i'd go for hvap but if you're doin good already then i'd go for mobile warfare as the speed is awesome for all the vehicles.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 02:30:44 pm »

+2 pop means every vehicle on the field increases your popcap by 2.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 02:37:51 pm »

When it says +2 to pop, does that mean those tanks cost an additional +2 to population? Seems rough.

LOL!

If you want to use lots of light vehicles Mobile warfare is quite nice. I am personaly going HVAP due to the amount of heavy armour fielded now days.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 07:08:08 pm »

i really want to go for mobile war, it's the one armor T4 I have never tried. hvap is pretty great though. even though no one in their right might should go for it (as i misunderstood what it actually did) the middle T3 calling it in doesn't work. so dont waste points on that.

but as said, if you are doing well already, give mobile warfare a try, what it pretty much does is make pershings 14 pop, calli/shermans 10 pop, crocs/m10s/m18s 8 pop, im quite sure all that math is right. that means you could have like 2 shermans, 2 atg, and like 2 rifles all on the field once you hit the 40 pop cap.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 07:55:11 pm »

so, if i have say, 4 m8's on the field, my pop would be at 48?
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 07:59:49 pm »

so, if i have say, 4 m8's on the field, my pop would be at 48?
No cuz it dont effect light vehicles.
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 10:47:08 pm »

You shouldn't go for either of those. Go Urban Survival Kit with 2 double repair Pershings and a main gun cally. Then invest the rest of your resources into BAR/sticky rifles and AP 57s. The two pershings and the calliope, if used well, can sap their infantry/support/lv strength real fast. BARs make good infantry which can excel at holding the line and sticky's and 57's are all you really need against heavy armor as long as you micro your shit.   
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 12:50:09 pm »

do my teammates get the +2 as well? And does it stack with other people who are using that skill?
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 02:08:25 pm »

do my teammates get the +2 as well? And does it stack with other people who are using that skill?

nope it's just for you.

and malgoroth is right, that is what my armor company was like (then I got bored with it and changed it a couple times) I'll lay it out real quick.

Get USK, then get mobility, you wont have enough fuel for any light vehicles other than maybe a HT if I recall correct, but the added speed to your ATGs is really awesome! for your bottom doctrine choices you get calli, pershing, and AWM. Buy all upgrades/repairs for calli and pershings. Now you are left with a crap ton of munitions, not a lot of pool for support, but lots of infantry pool. Get about 3-5 ATGs all with AP rounds, some MGs with AP rounds, then lots of decked out rifles. You can get by with as little as 3 ATGs and use your rifles to steal enemy ATGs.

Also what I had fun doing was having about 4 call ins of 2x rifles armed simply with nades, id bring them on the field to kill then recrew weapons. Also I had an opening call in of 1 ATG and 4 rifles all decked out with either BARs, nades, and stickies (note don't put stickies and nades on the same rifle squad, they use the same recahrge bar) so my enemy would get used to fighting this infantry call in then they would get hit with an early pershing.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 11:45:43 am »

nope it's just for you.

and malgoroth is right, that is what my armor company was like (then I got bored with it and changed it a couple times) I'll lay it out real quick.

Get USK, then get mobility, you wont have enough fuel for any light vehicles other than maybe a HT if I recall correct, but the added speed to your ATGs is really awesome! for your bottom doctrine choices you get calli, pershing, and AWM. Buy all upgrades/repairs for calli and pershings. Now you are left with a crap ton of munitions, not a lot of pool for support, but lots of infantry pool. Get about 3-5 ATGs all with AP rounds, some MGs with AP rounds, then lots of decked out rifles. You can get by with as little as 3 ATGs and use your rifles to steal enemy ATGs.

Also what I had fun doing was having about 4 call ins of 2x rifles armed simply with nades, id bring them on the field to kill then recrew weapons. Also I had an opening call in of 1 ATG and 4 rifles all decked out with either BARs, nades, and stickies (note don't put stickies and nades on the same rifle squad, they use the same recahrge bar) so my enemy would get used to fighting this infantry call in then they would get hit with an early pershing.

Since this is my first time playing as armour in EIRR things i noticed.
T-17s love them. Hard to hit, good health, fast, and good for circling AT guns and killing inf. Easy to vet up.

CHoosing to have the gorgeous calli really takes alot of support points, leaving very little points to choose ATGs, and even fewer to get a MG and sniper. Maybe i should drop sniper.

And i rather depend on the ATGs instead of the weak m10s and m18s. ATGs automatically retreat so they survive and vet easy, plus my vInfantry can man those later. THe gift that keeps on giving.

At the end i do have lots of manpower left. So i got a good decked out 10 inf with bars and stickies. Trying assault eng. but die b4 they actually kill anyone.

and then i can have like 10 more inf with nothing, that i call in to cap or man all those empty AT or MGs or dropped weapons.

HVAP seems the most interesting b/c im really having problems with the super heavy armor. Calling in 3 m10s to surround and MAYBE kill a tiger sheesh. If they do, they wont last long. So super speed bonus or extra damage is something im lacking.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 11:54:33 am »

if tiger is unsuported you can easly kill him with even 2 m10's,since he's turret is slow,you just circle around him...
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 12:01:09 pm »

Yes calli = no sniper indeed. personally i don't take a sniper because it's too much work trying to micro a sniper and vehicles/tanks at the same time. it really depends on your play style. but i would suggest if you go mobile warfare you probably want to go sherman/m10/m18 heavy rather than pershing heavy simply to take advantage of the ability I'd say.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc