Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 08, 2024, 11:24:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An idea regarding reward points  (Read 5959 times)
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« on: April 21, 2011, 12:07:22 am »

So... I was thinking about EiR and how awesome it is and had a thought regarding reward points.

At present, few people are fortunate enough to receive reward points. This isn't a bad thing. None of us want to see dozens of jagdtigers roaming the battlefields. However, I think I've figured out a way to get reward points in the hands of more people so as to share the joys of their use, yet keep the number of reward units within all the companies small.

My proposal: Lets say a handful of people get reward points for a tournament or whatever and spend them on reward units. They take those units into battle. Some of those units will meet a gruesome (yet hopefully glorious) end. How about instead of being gone and the era of the reward units being over - the person who killed the reward unit gets the reward points said unit was worth? That person could then spend those reward points on reward units of their own and know the wonder of bring their OWN reward units into battle! I think this would add some serious incentive to play to mod more and add some new depth and urgency to battles where reward units are present. More "OMFG I WANT REWARD POINTS!!" and less "OMFG I WANNA JEW THIS GUY TO BE A TROLL!!". I'm high on Hydrocodone right now due to a toothache and the poor judgment of my dentist, so I apologize if I'm being hard to understand. It feels like everything is purple right now. ..Am I being hard to understand? My keyboard seems like it's shaped like a circle.

But whatever.

Obviously, this proposal brings with it some complications.
First: Lets say someone spends a reward point on some mark V shermans (or whatever they're called). 1 reward point buys you 5 mark Vs, so killing 1 means that the person who killed it could get 5 more of their own. This is counterproductive if the goal is to keep reward units few in number, so I also propose that, if implemented, the reward units go up in price and fewer in number per purchase. For instance, 1 reward point gets you 1 Mark V. It might take 5 or 6 reward points to unlock a brutal as shit fucking screaming god orgasm jagdtiger. Winning first place in a tournament might get you like, 5 or 6 reward points to spend on either 1 jagdtiger, or 5 or 6 Mark V shermans. 2nd place might net you 3 reward points. 3rd might bestow 1 reward point upon you king Beelzebub, Lord of the Flies, God of the inferno.

Second: How would you track who killed what? Would we go by an honor system? That seems the easiest rout, but also the least trustworthy since the internet raises the scum-ass level of a person by 10x regardless of whether or not they walk the green fields of righteous honesty irl (I'm actually a youth minister who volunteers at battered women shelters). Posting the replays seems like a lot of extra work for the devs (and lets be real here... we'd rather they be working on patches to make the game even better than watching replays of units being ruthlessly hunted. Though I'm sure the devs would prefer to do the latter). I also don't think they have a tracking system in place to see precisely who killed what in some elaborate spreadsheet somewhere, so it'd have to be through the players that they find out who killed what.

Anyhow, this was just an idea that came to mind while laying stupefied in my dark room staring at the bedsheets I have hanging over my window and listening to American Dad ramble on about whatever on TV. I really really think this could help make EiR even more interesting and intense than it already is and would add greatly to the current fun factor by giving players an optional objective that can be completed for a bounty of sorts without putting in a bunch of extra coding.

I'm having such a hard time making my eyes focus right now.

Please everyone, tell me what you think and if you'd like to see this proposal adopted. Add to the concept if you wish. Even the allied fanboys. Feel free to discuss with me without fear of childish mockery. I love everyone so much right now.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 12:15:09 am by Malgoroth » Logged
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 01:23:57 am »

It is a good idea, but making reward points cost different amounts, and only get you different amounts seems like an annoying thing to do to me. But if this is done, I killed a jt, so I want enough for another one Smiley

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 01:33:16 am »

The current cost of Reward units won't be staying so don't get too fixated on those numbers.

It's a fine system in theory but we can't track who killed what. It may however be possible to work the system so it knows when a reward unit doesn't make it back to the Launcher(dies) and split that amongst the team that killed it. Thats about the most control we may have and even then it's alot of work.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 01:56:09 am »

how about one reward point for reaching level 9?

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 02:01:20 am »

Then everyone would have them, and people would spam games and abuse the system just to get level 9 tbh.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 02:10:59 am »

Alternatively. We go with the proposed system we are currently working towards.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 05:01:37 am »

Spoilers? Cheesy
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 06:02:43 am »

Then everyone would have them, and people would spam games and abuse the system just to get level 9 tbh.

how is this a problem? more games, more fun.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 06:04:47 am »

I'll remind you of VERTIGGO abusing the system for like 2 weeks.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 07:05:10 pm »

So, reward points are given to the dev's favorites on the forum that play in tourneys? So it's more or less biased, or am I missing something? It seems like only the 'pr0s' have bucketloads of Elite Grenadiers or 2 Sturmtigers on the field at the same time; I've never seen allied Marines or Sherman Mk Vs. Ever. But still, it seems stacked. Can someone PM me (or just post here) on how this reward points system currently works? And I support Mal's idea.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 07:06:51 pm »

Ahh there is a diffrence between The Devs like LeoPhone, Tank130, Firesparks and Brn4MePlz and some other people But there are some people that finished their objectives in the scenerios and got 1-2 reward points.

yes there are some people that have "Special Releationships" with the devs like deadbolt but there are allso the donators that get reward points

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 07:09:06 pm »

Reward points currently are given out only for participation or reward. Either through a tournament or participation in community events. Schmidt organized some scenarios recent;y and those players got Reward points for playing them.

When the warmap comes out the system will eventually be automated and playing games will impart a chance to earn Reward points among other things.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 07:27:26 pm »

I didn't get no reward points Sad

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 07:28:18 pm »

Not yet anyway. I just checked my PM's today and Schmidt sent me a PM regarding players from another scenario so When I stop eating my dinner I'll go through and add those
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2011, 07:29:52 pm »

Patience young padawan! Count yourself lucky, I don't think anyone from scenario three did their objectives tbh. And brn, thanks for taking the time to do this Smiley

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 08:58:28 pm »

heheehehe i dont think anyone had the time to do so tbh  Tongue
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2011, 09:06:12 pm »

how do you get 5 kills on 2 fireflys when all the cheap easy tanks were destroyed by endgame(cant even bring them on earlier) with only a stug left thats easy kill. There wasnt 5 tigers out there Sad

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 09:08:20 pm »

Hhehehehheh i was suppose to kill 3 m10s with a panther Cheesy

Well i was allmost able to get 3 but i got my panther stuck when trying to back it up
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2011, 09:11:21 pm »

We all got hardass objectives is what it looks like for that game. Smurf was supposed to get 6!!! kills on his pershing. And they wre the damage soakers/hedge crushers how de fak is he suppored to get that?
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2011, 09:13:40 pm »

Only 6 kills? of any kind? Or only tanks?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc