Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 09, 2024, 03:25:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Logical soloution to "Win Buttons"  (Read 12593 times)
BigDick
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 11:40:52 am »

BAR's cannot suppress units in heavy cover unless they are just going into it after you have already put half the unit's suppression worth into it first.

they can and they will....if only one guy of the squad does not fit into the cover or is jumping around like retard  than the squad will getting suppressed

and there are not many situations and places with green cover in eir where that won't happen

You guys can nit pick his hypothetical examples, or you can look at the actual suggestion and discuss it.

The 'FOR EXAMPLE' part should have clued you in.

FOR EXAMPLE I think offering BARS without suppression for 75-80 munis and then offering suppression fire BARs for something like 100 would be a good idea.

the idea may be not that bad (reminds me to omg mod actually) but decrease pricing shouldn't be the goal more like remove the i win buttons and make them an additional upgrade with higher price than currently (the way arround it would be messing up current balancing completely)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 11:46:11 am by BigDick » Logged
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2011, 12:31:20 pm »

Very true, bigdick. I considered that which is why I would suggest a 5-10mu price reduction on BARs without suppression. 70-75 is hardly spammable (leaving it at 80 may be a tad lame), but still reflects the DPS increase they bring. 20-25 on top of that for the incredibly useful suppression fire. I don't know Bren pricing but you could do something similar to those. Lower it by a small (5-10mu) amount, then attach a higher price (like an extra 20 munies) for the incredibly useful button ability.

People may just want the DPS increase. This way they wouldn't be paying for the win button as well. And if they want the win button, they can pay the extra for it.   

I am also very aware that, in my hypothetical examples, the current cost of BAR suppression and Button fire is being raised. I think they should be. I am a fanboy after all.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2011, 12:50:50 pm »

lmao

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Jokee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2011, 12:58:39 pm »

Less QQ, more Pew Pew. Suppression fire is a problem now? Hell, what can I say. Don't get suppressed. I see as much bigger issue the immortality of KT's and Tigers but I don't write topics about it.
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2011, 02:13:56 pm »

Less QQ, more Pew Pew. Suppression fire is a problem now? Hell, what can I say. Don't get suppressed. I see as much bigger issue the immortality of KT's and Tigers but I don't write topics about it.

You need to be introduced to the world of RE, where 17 pounders roam the lands looking for fresh kitty meat. Anyway, I like his idea and I think it should be looked into.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2011, 03:26:48 pm »

8therifleregiment uses lmao!

ITS SUPER-EFFECTIVE!

demon faints.
Jokee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2011, 04:00:42 pm »

You need to be introduced to the world of RE, where 17 pounders roam the lands looking for fresh kitty meat. Anyway, I like his idea and I think it should be looked into.

I see his point but Im way against it. See, my infatry based platoon struggles to even equip basic AT weapons like Stickies and Recoilless rifles so to pay extra munition for anything is not an option for me. If I remember my platoon right, I dont even have 1 squad of BARs so...what are we talking about here? Someone actually managed to have 3 squads of BARs and someone else QQuin about getting suppressed? Use mortar or AV or Tank. Serriously, this is just like real stuff, if your guys get suppressed, you dont go to Geneva to make new Rules of War and forbid suppressive fire. No, you call in backup...
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2011, 04:51:06 pm »

Cool story a BAR army for 60 munitions cool stuff. atleast there isnet super supression running around. its good noone cares about BAr armies for 60munitions, you see gren armies with LMGs everywhere but you often dont see BAR armies becuase getting supression tends to be expensive

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2011, 05:21:23 pm »

This would make regular BARs cheaper jokee. It's only the suppression people would pay extra for. Or not. I admitted my pricing was a nerf. But if the devs wanna make BARs minus suppression 70 munis and BARs WITH suppression 80 munis like it is currently then so be it. The idea is making them two separate upgrades.
Jokee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2011, 08:03:34 pm »

I get the idea exactly...but what im saying is that BARs are expensive as it is so once I can afford the damn thing, I want to have my BAR and my suppression fire to finally be able to pin down and flank the enemy (in theory anyway) Without suppression...yeah, nice, but...
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2011, 08:35:46 pm »

How are BARs too expensive? They do more damage than an LMG and have SF....

8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2011, 08:58:20 pm »

Godammit people shut the fuck up about the prices I put, those are theoretical prices, variables if you wanna call em that those posts are ennoying as fuck let's discuss the idea itself not about the prices. The concept of the idea is what we need to look at
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2011, 09:28:32 pm »

How would this help? Assumining you price it correctly buying a win burton would cost no more than it already does. All it would do is require a price change on every other weapon.
Jokee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2011, 10:48:18 pm »

Godammit people shut the fuck up about the prices I put, those are theoretical prices, variables if you wanna call em that those posts are ennoying as fuck let's discuss the idea itself not about the prices. The concept of the idea is what we need to look at

Chill out dude... You got some anger issues or something? You know there are ways to say the same thing without unnecessary mature language, right? Besides, people tend to take the input better if they dont have the feeling of being a) yelled at and b) called names.
Jokee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2011, 10:51:03 pm »

How would this help? Assumining you price it correctly buying a win burton would cost no more than it already does. All it would do is require a price change on every other weapon.

Well, first reasonable thing I've heard all day.

If the price stays the same as it is now and only goes down for "without win button" then I suposse it could work...but still...BAR without suppression? Its like... uhm...like ... something...   ... ... ...  like, oh I know, like a cake without frosting.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2011, 10:55:21 pm »

A BAR upgrade without SF is 1.5 LMGs for less MU....
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2011, 11:09:06 pm »

why even bother getting a bar w/o suppresion. seems a waste of money. Bars arent even that good at killing. Get some greaseguns instead. Cheaper and deadlier up close.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2011, 11:19:53 pm »

BAR is better than an LMG.

I think that is the part you are missing. 2x BAR (1 bar upgrade) does more DPS than 1x LMG. They are great at killing, can fire on the move, and are just great all around.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2011, 06:22:04 am »

Yes AmPm no need to come here and constantly post the same thing about four times.  People have lost the idea of the entire post by page two. the idea is to make weapons without win buttons cost cheaper and with win button, cost the current amount they are now.

AmPm id have to concur with yer BARvsLMG, since grenadiers get medkits and have more h[ then rifleman, every fight ive seen BAR vs LMG, the LMG kinda wins.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2011, 06:50:10 am »

Well the question remains, why do we want to see huge masses of upgraded infantry? I already seem to miss vanilla infantry battling it out.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc