Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 09, 2024, 05:29:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuckin Genius  (Read 11519 times)
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 12:34:37 pm »

Alright, enough of this.

Make a constructive, detailed comment about the ability in question, politely or this is getting locked.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 12:35:30 pm »

Guys stop shitting on the coders.  If you don't know how the decision came down, then don't automatically blame Leo.  It's enough that they know that you guys think the delay is a bad idea.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2011, 12:38:09 pm »

I've made fun of Leo since day one, it doesn't matter to me that he's a coder tbh. If he truly wants me to respect him as a coder then the way I've always joked around with him shouldn't change because of his position but if he wants different treatment then it'll just make me think negatively about him.

Anyway, ability is a bad idea, we all know that, 5 seconds is way too long, done.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2011, 12:44:28 pm »

The fact that it applies to Fals which aren't regarded very highly in the first place should also be noted. They are PURE ambush infantry; glass cannon units. This delay kills the whole point of fals in the first place; ambushing from cover. If you want mainline infantry, use PGs or AGs. If there is a delay, make it .5 or .75 seconds. 5 is too long, nuff said.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2011, 12:45:02 pm »

So you guys are bitching about an attempt to improve Evasive manuvers.

Tbh, I dont know how we can consider "Tripping over Falls and having them 'still' get their ambush bonus" "or having them cloak around and deliver their ambush anywhere" is at all intended, but we are trying to refine the ability, it's a lot of trial and error, so you can either help with the feedback process or you can keep your views to yourself.

If this is supposed to be that such feedback, I, nor any mod will tolerate slander about the guy who has to fix the bug.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2011, 12:47:05 pm »

and being jerks like this just because of little screw up or bad implementation ruins the game for some is why player base is so low..

comon, be nice and say, you know what, this change sucks! can we take a look at this please? 

dont be shitting on the people who are doing it, because they dont get paid and can just say screw you guys and walk away.

wow, its just a game.

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2011, 12:48:08 pm »

Alright, enough of this.

Make a constructive, detailed comment about the ability in question, politely or this is getting locked.

The constructive comment was this.

The 5 second delay is good for people who are playing thier first couple of games. But its not good when your playing against people who KNOW what they are doing.

If you want to improve evasive manuevers just give them back the crawl and make them really slow again.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2011, 12:48:41 pm »

Stupid changes are still stupid. I mean its not rocket science u know.
How bout giving bar squads a 10 sec fire delay after using supression, coz they just wasted all their ammo?
Overdrive tanks have to stop coz the engine is overheated ?
And so on........
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 12:52:11 pm by chefarzt » Logged

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2011, 12:49:17 pm »

Mgallun,

How hard is it to look at an ability ahead of time, in the planning stage, and thinking "hmm...5 seconds of helplessness is not a good thing".

Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2011, 12:50:10 pm »

Stupid changes are still stupid. I mean its not rocket science u know.

Design a better version.

Go on...
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2011, 12:53:05 pm »

Design a better version.

Go on...

YOu know, alot of people in the community DO give really good ideas. They are almost ALWAYS smacked down.

So here.

Evasive manuevers.

Cloaks while crawling

Luft move at %33 speed

Halves thier normal ambush bonus
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2011, 12:53:10 pm »

How bout u design a better version?
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2011, 12:55:19 pm »

Design a better version.

Go on...

T4 changes FJ Ambush requirement to also requiring unit to be in cover to gain ambush bonus. Done, unit has to be in some sort of cover still and can't just play super stormies.

Requirement, make 1 new ability instead of copy pasting.

Wow, that was super tough.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2011, 01:28:22 pm »

T4 changes FJ Ambush requirement to also requiring unit to be in cover to gain ambush bonus. Done, unit has to be in some sort of cover still and can't just play super stormies.

Now, that's exactly what I wanted to hear in the first place  and what should've been said Post #1. It is exactly what I thought of when I started reading that there was a problem with EM.

"well if EM was giving ambush all the time regardless of usage, then make cover a requirement"

Now, with that being said, Hindsight is 20/20 and EM is one fucking complex ability and on top of that, it's modified Bob's work.
That's like me working on the engine block of my Blazer for a couple years then you asking me to preform maintainence on your Maserati tomorrow.

It's a tough fucking job to see every possibility and forseeable consequence of a few seconds of "hold fire"
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 01:38:45 pm by Groundfire » Logged
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2011, 01:38:09 pm »

It's a tough fucking job to see every possibility and forseeable consequence of a few seconds of "hold fire"

Yeah, i can see that. im sorry if i came off poorly, but this forum is so full of rage, it bleeds off
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2011, 01:39:37 pm »

NP. we all get alittle passionate every now and then
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2011, 01:45:38 pm »

KK, critisism, make the falls just get no ambush bonus comming out of the stormtrooper cloak so they dont get camofluage anywhere. no1 needs this stupid 5 seconde delay it makes that tier 4 usless why would i wanna go cloak and need to wait for 5 secondes before i can kill anything.

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2011, 02:07:29 pm »

Really, you just need to sit there and think about it in a logical way before you add the ability in. If I do x what will be the y, and really you need a few QA's to test these abilities out before they get implemented so you can work all the kinks out before hand. This will negate most of the rage that develops from stuff getting implemented before it's really ready.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2011, 02:36:53 pm »

Really, you just need to sit there and think about it in a logical way before you add the ability in. If I do x what will be the y, and really you need a few QA's to test these abilities out before they get implemented so you can work all the kinks out before hand. This will negate most of the rage that develops from stuff getting implemented before it's really ready.

Techinicly arnt we still in beta? So therefore this IS the testing stage.

I agree this is terrible but stop raging peoples.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2011, 04:45:19 pm »

I've made fun of Leo since day one, it doesn't matter to me that he's a coder tbh. If he truly wants me to respect him as a coder then the way I've always joked around with him shouldn't change because of his position but if he wants different treatment then it'll just make me think negatively about him.

Anyway, ability is a bad idea, we all know that, 5 seconds is way too long, done.

Hey Tym, This statement proves how big of an ignorant ass you have become. 

When you do something positive other then voice an opinion that half of the time makes no sense, then maybe most ppl will care what you think. 

Personally i think Leo, and anyone who contributes to the mode deserves respect......   

But that will be a cold day in hell i bet.  You can read RGDs, and tell people when they fuck up or make a mistake or to piss on people all day long, but you offer no help... Amazing how that works....

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc