Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 01:46:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Piat sappers need nerf  (Read 15043 times)
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« on: May 02, 2011, 02:23:07 am »

Pop nerf.

Every basic infantry is 5 pop now.  Piat sappers are basic handheld AT for brits and they are 4 pop.  Their pop needs to go +1 to 5 pop when you buy piats or make separate 5 pop piat sapper unit.

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 03:21:54 am »

PIATs are op

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 03:23:20 am »

you just answered your own question, Piat sappers are not Basic infantry so they do not have to be 5 pop.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 03:24:02 am »

you just answered your own question, Piat sappers are not Basic infantry so they do not have to be 5 pop.

+1 its a engineer unit with AT cabilities instead of Anti Infantry
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 03:26:17 am »

+1 They are also an engineer squad who are weak, and have absolutely no AI capabilities.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 03:29:19 am »

+1 They are also an engineer squad who are weak, and have absolutely no AI capabilities.

/thread
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 03:41:25 am »

I did not make any questions, only statements , l2read.

They are basic brit inf at platform.

To troll you need to have atleast a few working brain cells.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 03:45:35 am »

Just like a shreck squad or bazooka squad is a unit with AT capabilities instead of anti infantry

fail
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 03:48:45 am »

Just like a shreck squad or bazooka squad is a unit with AT capabilities instead of anti infantry

fail

I must ask you to reconsider your words. A squad with Schreck is still 3 guys with Rifles that are second best rifles in game. Kar 98s. Each gun fires 15 damage per shot and they come with a sturdy health of 80 per man and often with medkits. This squad can easily defeat a riflesquad. Add in handgrenade for lulz

A rifleman squad is still 5 rifles instead of 6, not much of a DPS drop. Add in handgrenade for lulz

And by all means, Riflemen and grenadiers are basic infantry, not engineers.

Nugnug failed- hard.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 03:50:30 am by NightRain » Logged
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 03:53:42 am »

I must ask you to reconsider your words. A squad with Schreck is still 3 guys with Rifles that are second best rifles in game. Kar 98s. Each gun fires 15 damage per shot and they come with a sturdy health of 80 per man and often with medkits. This squad can easily defeat a riflesquad. Add in handgrenade for lulz

ohohoho phuleeeeeeezeeee  stop being retarded,  no one EVER with a shreck engages other inf ,  people run away so you don't loose schreck and engage only vehicles.

With piats you can hide behind hedge or building and attack other inf, if anything a piat sapper squad is a better inf killer then a shreck gren squad.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 03:58:43 am »

ohohoho phuleeeeeeezeeee  stop being retarded,  no one EVER with a shreck engages other inf ,  people run away so you don't loose schreck and engage only vehicles.

With piats you can hide behind hedge or building and attack other inf, if anything a piat sapper squad is a better inf killer then a shreck gren squad.

I do engage riflemen with Schreck infantry. They aren't as bad as people make it seem. Most just disengage due to riflemen with bars or brens coming into the game but if I got support I will stay and fight. Schreck on a squad doesn't mean its anti infantry cabilities are shit. It just makes people think so because they got a schreck "Omg lol ez kill lol lmao" and charge it with inf. In reality its just like a 3 man grenadier squad except they got 4 man in it. If anything you shouldn't engage vehicles with schreck infantry cause vehicles shred them to pieces. Schreck is ideal for pak support cause vehicle priorities pak over the inf squad.

Yes PIAT is OP I did say it earlier on did I not? But the platform piat comes with isn't OP. its fragile shite.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 03:59:49 am »

And by all means, Riflemen and grenadiers are basic infantry, not engineers.

engineers with piats become a basic AT platform for brits like zooka rifles or gren schrecks, as piats can even kill a panther no problem.
Tommies do not have at weapons.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 04:02:10 am »

engineers with piats become a basic AT platform for brits like zooka rifles or gren schrecks, as piats can even kill a panther no problem.
Tommies do not have at weapons.

Tommies get the vehicle disablers and Boys AT rifles. Something piats lack against.  Plus tommies are basic infantry. Like has been stated before. Sappers = engineers with access to AT instead of Anti infantry. with a certain doc they did/ do get anti inf
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 04:03:25 am »

I do engage riflemen with Schreck infantry. They aren't as bad as people make it seem.

Yes and you say that tiger is shite,  rofl.  Your credibility is 0%.

Most just disengage due to riflemen with bars or brens coming into the game but if I got support I will stay and fight.

mhmmmmm i want to see your shreck blobs shredding allied infantry.

If anything you shouldn't engage vehicles with schreck infantry cause vehicles shred them to pieces.

You buy shrecks which are anti-AT to combat infantry !  perfect !! rofllllllll      saving this thread

nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 04:04:46 am »

Tommies get the vehicle disablers and Boys AT rifles.

Vehicles disable is not a killer weapon  and boys at  are 1 doctrine.

pgrens also get magnetic nades which are 1 doctrine.

and rifles also get boys at which are 1 doctrine.

rest is herp derp.

Can't tell if trolling or just idiot.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 04:07:20 am by nugnugx » Logged
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 04:10:14 am »

I never said I buy schrecks to engage infantry only but I did state that I use schrecks to support my paks (and StuGs) 'cause they are ideal for it due to the fact vehicles priorities the tank/pak over the infantry squad. I do not send schrecks to combat a lone vehicle alone Grin Troll fail nugnug and yes, Tigers are shite 'cause their support is the key element. One Firefly = Locks down tiger usage.

Vehicle disable may not be a vehicle killer (unless light vehicle i.e Scout Car, Bike, Schwim, Mortar HT, Marder etc. Yes you can penetrate marder with small arms and kill it with them.) but they are often the cause of it. Boys at indeed are 1 doctorine only but you can not ignore the fact that there is a possiblity of them being available.

Truth in this thread is that PIAT itself is OP, the platform it comes with isn't.

Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 04:12:48 am »

I like your fail threads nug Roll Eyes

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 04:24:48 am »

I also think tigers are shit. Largely because of my general playstyle - I don't think tigers can fit into it. Therefore I will think tigers are a shit unit. They may work for other people, and I've seen some excellently used tigers - but I still don't like them.

Does that put my credibility to 0 as well?

Now, as far as PIATs are concerned - I don't really think PIATs need a popcap nerf at all from a balance point of view - however, I do see the logic in someone claiming "well.. pzgrens got nerfed in popcap for no good balance reason just to equalise them with other basic infantry" - and that is a very fair point.

What needs to be taken into account at this point, is, however - that pzgrens got some pretty severe buffs to compensate for the nerf(together with the armour change) - and were, in all essence, reconstructed as a unit. They've gained a free G43, the G43 was buffed in cooldown, they've gained the ability to sprint at a low price of 25 mp, they're now less fucked when engaging light vehicles...

This could very well mean that sappers would also require something to compensate for their popcap nerf - especially after their nerf against infantry(I'm not dreaming this nerf up, am I? I'm sure I've seen it stated).

Also, as Nightrain said - sappers are not a mainline infantry unit. They are an engineer unit - much like.. US engineers and WM pioneers. So what if they replaced their flamethrower with an AT weapon - factional diversity is nice. If we'd try to equalise sappers to mainline infantry - would it not also make sense to equalise the US and the WM flamer pioneers? Perhaps the WM flamer should add an extra man to the squad, reduce it's health per man and set it to 3 popcap? Equalisation for the sake of equalisation is not how balance should be achieved.

Thank you for your time.

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 04:28:47 am »

*Kisses Mysts boots
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 04:55:35 am »

I also think tigers are shit. Largely because of my general playstyle - I don't think tigers can fit into it. Therefore I will think tigers are a shit unit. They may work for other people, and I've seen some excellently used tigers - but I still don't like them.Does that put my credibility to 0 as well?

That does not mean that Tiger is shite , your playstyle is just different.  Nigtrain says that Tiger overall is shite.  
I proved him long time ago that he just cannot use it.

Also, as Nightrain said - sappers are not a mainline infantry unit. They are an engineer unit - much like.. US engineers and WM pioneers. So what if they replaced their flamethrower with an AT weapon - factional diversity is nice. If we'd try to equalise sappers to mainline infantry - would it not also make sense to equalise the US and the WM flamer pioneers? Perhaps the WM flamer should add an extra man to the squad, reduce it's health per man and set it to 3 popcap? Equalisation for the sake of equalisation is not how balance should be achieved.

You cannot compare a pio or eng us eng squad simply because their role is not the same without piats.  

A brit eng squad with piats becomes a full fledged AT squad that can kill tanks up to panther no problem on its own, which other lighter handheld ats like zooka or boys at cannot do or have it alot tougher.

The only brit engies that should cost 5 pop are the one with piats ,  normal ones or with flamers can still be 4 pop.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc