Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:44:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whers the Match Maker?  (Read 9286 times)
Jstek Offline
Donator

« on: May 03, 2011, 12:21:24 am »

Getting tired of only seeing stacked games only being offered.  A match making system would help greatly and would likely increase your player base.  Truth is, folks dont like being stomped on by all the elite players.  (Or folks stomping on new players)  It really crimps your player base and new players comming into the game.

Designing a match maker to do this would help greatly and also allow someone to get into quueu and do something else (all the while, when a match is found a nice loud notification occures to alert the player that a match is ready)

I have to agree with a post that was posted in 2008, about ppl stacking teams and a match maker system should be put in.  Not sure if this is still on the drawing board, but it should be.  Making the game playable for everyone of all skill levels is key.

Jstek Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 12:28:39 am »

The player levels really make thing unbalanced towards new players.   Look at COHO before it went offline.  Nearly every match-up with a lvl 50 player vs a lvl 10 player, the lvl 50 player is going to own.  Even if they were equal skill levels..  Because of the extra command points and bonuses and extra stuff that was avialable to the lvl 50 player.

Same problem with EIR.  And the training points suck.  Basically worthless.
The entire doctrine system should be wiped out.  What you say!?

Yeah, take a book out of COHO.  Break up your dotrines into small upgrades of some kind.  Place a value on them, also the same for the advantages, and any extra call downs if you wanted.. AKA Artillery and ect.

So what you do is customize your army out more.  More options, more combonations...  Kinda like the COHO army items, but EIR takes it to the next level.  What this can do is allow folks to not be level based in playing...  But point based and the items in your compnay akak army items if you will willl be able to keep folks more a level playing field.  KT.. fine.. heres the persain... but someont using a KT on a nubiew... commone.. there is no counter to that shit for a beginner. for example.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 12:37:31 am »

I can easily beat a KT with a basic lvl 5 company (hey you're starting halfway currently, not lvl 1 companies in the current phase of EIRR) and all you have to do is suicide sticky bomb it and you effectively take it out of the game.  Yes you will lose some games for being low level, and I have lost quite a few to 'low level' companies even if I have some 'awesome' abilities.

I'll take US Infantry for example.  Even with my lvl 10 company, all that translates to is I get 5 SMGs instead of 4 when I buy them, my tanks provide light cover to units around them, and my shermans shoot one second faster and I do 33% more dmg to units that are pinned or suppressed.  That's it.

Now currently SOME doctrines have vastly more powerful late game abilities, such as Terror (pills anyone?) and Blitz (upgrade all mainline infantry to ranger armor... take 30 squads of grenadiers and 2 tigers please!).  Not so many issues with PE, other than mass sprint basic troops with double suppression resistance modifiers which will be fixed later, but you get the point.

Most abilities are nice 'toppings' on the current companies and by no means overpowered, to a certain extent.  Royal Engineers is one of the current flavors with how powerful and effective a 7 churchill, 6 17lber mass infantry company can be, while others as definitely a bit lacking, such as the nerfed Commando T4 for commandoes.  And COHO had its own version of OP stuff, and I personally went undefeated in that game by using a 'hero' riflemen squad (Wilson for the win!) to just storm roll most players due to them having access to weapon upgrades so early in the game.  Won most games before even the first greyhound or puma came onto the field.

All I can say is learn to adjust your playstyle a bit more for EIRR over the COHO environment, as well as take your lumps like every other player did (hell I still take them now too!) and once you 'grind' your way up and get the abilities you want, you're playing on par with the rest of the playerbase.  My US infantry company got everything it needed in a few short games by Lvl 7 (shines at 7 as I get all the required doctrines I need) while other companies do indeed need to level all the way to 9.. such as Blitz elite armor... things will hopefully change in the future when the doctrines are rebalanced again and the new 'grindless' system is introduced, and that is currently on the table by the devs last I heard.  Just hang in there and good luck, mate!

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 12:39:41 am »

A mod-wide company wipe and making everyone start over from level 1 would also help ease your troubles. But that probably won't happen till all the doctrines are in and doctrine unlocks working, or the warmap comes out.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 12:44:09 am »

A mod-wide company wipe and making everyone start over from level 1 would also help ease your troubles. But that probably won't happen till all the doctrines are in and doctrine unlocks working, or the warmap comes out.

Level 1 is the worst, grinding your company is no fun at all in EIRR, sadly.

They should remove the tier system, make all doctrine abilities roughly equal in power, and let you mix and match from the start.

Want to go Tank focus in Armor, do it. Get 4-5 abilities to buff tanks or give them utility. That's your company. Then expand vet levels and resource bonuses more.

Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 12:47:23 am »

Yeah, as I understand it they are chaning how the leveling system works with the warmap so that everyone gets access to doctrine units and abilities at roughly the same time. Like... faction wide leveling or something.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 01:17:48 am »

and the warmap is coming soonTM

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 01:47:54 am »

and the warmap is coming soonTM
Indeed.

Then we'll introduce fun and exciting ways of imbalance between teams!
YAY!

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 01:50:16 am »

Indeed.

Then we'll introduce fun and exciting ways of imbalance between teams!
YAY!

lol, waiting for it Wink

EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 02:06:16 am »

I'll introduce a match-maker system when someone match-makes me with a hot chick from NZ.

Deal made.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 02:23:06 am »

I'll introduce a match-maker system when someone match-makes me with a hot chick from NZ.

Deal made.

googled for NZ hot chick

This ok ? Wink
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 02:39:41 am »

googled for NZ hot chick

This ok ? Wink
Its not cooked - thus not hot.  So no.
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 02:41:49 am »

That's the 5th cutest god damn thing I've ever seen.

And can't you just use your manly charm to win over some hot NZ bitches, EiRRMod?
Jstek Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 02:51:17 am »

Level 1 is the worst, grinding your company is no fun at all in EIRR, sadly.

They should remove the tier system, make all doctrine abilities roughly equal in power, and let you mix and match from the start.

Want to go Tank focus in Armor, do it. Get 4-5 abilities to buff tanks or give them utility. That's your company. Then expand vet levels and resource bonuses more.

This is exactly my point.  If the game cant be fun in the beginning your never going to have players who try the game out stick.  They wont come back.  Which is bad for everyone, expecally after the player waits 1-2 hours to even get a game going.  Only to have it suck because they just got steamrolled due to severe teamstacking.  End result.  The player who tried out EIRR goes doesnt come back.  Thus the existing community gets smaller and smaller.

Diminishing returns, it's mathmatics.  Find out yourself.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diminishing_returns
Jstek Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 02:56:21 am »

I can easily beat a KT with a basic lvl 5 company (hey you're starting halfway currently, not lvl 1 companies in the current phase of EIRR) and all you have to do is suicide sticky bomb it and you effectively take it out of the game.  Yes you will lose some games for being low level, and I have lost quite a few to 'low level' companies even if I have some 'awesome' abilities.
suppression resistance modifiers which will be fixed later, but you get the point.

Only used the KT thing cause its the easiest to spout out.  The issue is not specifically the KT.  But to be starcastic, the next thing your going to say is just get two pershings out you newb.  Oh wait, can't at entry level.

Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 03:02:38 am »

I would also propose a change to Doctrine specific unit unlocks.

Rather than having to grind games for PP's and the appropriate level to unlock the unit, I don't know why doctrine specific units aren't just available from the start. That way, level 1 blitz companies will have Tigers to bring against, for example, a level 9 Infantry company. Or a level 1 defensive company could bring Pak 40's and 88's against an RE or armored player's Churchills/Pershings.

That was always something that perplexed me about the unlock system...

Believe me Jstek, how to keep the game fun for noobs and fresh companies is something the devs continually grapple with. However, as with any game, people who enjoy playing with eachother (no homo) will always team up. It makes games more fun to play with people you like and whose play style you know how to support. If getting stacked is bugging you, just hit me up in vent and I'll battle with you. We may lose, we may win, but either way I can give you hints on how to improve your game. Practice also goes a long way. You'll have to be prepared to lose a lot. Shit... I've been playing this mod forever and I still lose like 30-40% of the time.  
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 03:06:05 am by Malgoroth » Logged
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 03:15:14 am »

Dont play with mal, he shouts. A lot.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 03:18:37 am »

..So? That's what volume knobs are for. Besides, my rage is on a timer and is (mostly) just idle frustration. If 8thrifle's shitternet/assPC drops him from another game he's in with me though, I WILL mail bomb his house and torture his parents to death.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 03:28:35 am »

Oh god that was the funniest thing I've ever heard. I miss playing with you Sad
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 03:31:49 am »

Well then shit dawg - lets stack some pussy allies! I'll have nothing but time this week! We'll wreck havoc and you can catalog my wrath and do a college thesis on the degrees + corresponding causes of Mal rage!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc