Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 08:29:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: .7.9.0 Patch released  (Read 54017 times)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2011, 06:02:12 am »

Allow me to elaborate on some things.

sorry to sound like a dick but i was expecting alot of doctrine completions and adjustments.

There'll probably be a lot more doctrine stuff for you guys next patch. Doctrine balance review is a slow process, and we're still working on the reworked Terror and Royal Engineers.

The pervitin pills change is a stopgap measure really, the implementation of the terror doctrine will see it changed to its final state.

"4p_In_Der_Hitze"
Map was double the size because you packaged all the .bak (backup files) in the .sga as well...
Also, I'm not sure but ground may have modified the atmosphere.

I think it's a mistake to double nerf sprint, just removing the suppression, or increasing the price would have been fine, but not both :/
The removal of the veteran sergeant part of the ability was overdue, it should have never given vet sergeant AND sprint in the first place. Note that since the armour change, pgrens don't have worse suppression than other infantry any more and thus they really didn't need the ability. Sprint is still an extremely potent upgrade, the 40 MP increase was needed to make it less of a no-brainer on normal Pgrens squads.

In regards to the other maps, we've worked out a compromise between Groundfire's map management of the past few months and my style of map management (which as you can all no doubt remember was very strict). Maps will be given easier access for playtesting but we will more easily remove maps that do not meet our completed map standards. (Map makers will be warned in advance, and given time to make the needed changes) I'll be making a new thread about this soon.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 06:06:21 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2011, 06:24:46 am »

In regards to the other maps, we've worked out a compromise between Groundfire's map management of the past few months and my style of map management (which as you can all no doubt remember was very strict). Maps will be given easier access for playtesting but we will more easily remove maps that do not meet our completed map standards. (Map makers will be warned in advance, and given time to make the needed changes) I'll be making a new thread about this soon.

Was this not the original setup to all map related things?

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2011, 06:29:10 am »

They made luft t4 usefull again, nuff said

Tyvm dev team

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2011, 06:43:34 am »

Pills could have 50% movement buff with ability to fire on move,  because on 100% you couldn't.

Removing whole movement buff is pretty drastic,  it's a t4.

Infantry movement speed is not that simple. You can't buff it by %, it works in +1 steps. They either run normal speed or they sprint, there is nothing inbetween

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2011, 07:00:52 am »

calculate the permanent dps buff marksmen brens get

or the buffs vet3 unit get in general

and now the temporary DPS buff pills gave was reduced by 57,3% and additional removed the sprint

thats one of the biggest nerfs in eir history  Roll Eyes

1) If you were so aware of pervitin pills being broken, why didn't you inform anyone previously?
2) It is not a 57.3% reduction in potency. The DPS increment, even with the 1.45 acc drops from being 1.885 to being 1.5625. That means the old buff would be just 1.2064 as potent as the new one, or the new buff is 82.89% as effective. Meaning a mere 17.11% drop in potency. There have been far more severe changes in EiRR history (such as the TR nerf)
3) The removal of sprint is easily offset by the fact the units will not take damage upon use, either.
4) It will still remain as one of the strongest damage increment buffs in the game. Even dual T3 P4s/Tigers in Blitz can't achieve these levels of DPS increase.

The permanent DPS buff marksmen brens get is rather negligible, and dependent heavily upon the amount of enemy units within the search radius. I'll humour you, however - and state that you would require to be aiming at :

log sub(1.05/1.03) 1.5625 = 23 enemy guys in one blob to get the same kind of DPS boost as pervitin pills can grant at any given period of time.

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2011, 07:49:57 am »

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2011, 08:00:33 am »

"4p_In_Der_Hitze"

Errrrr?

Chill out, I took out all the back up files you had zipped in there and reduced the file size by half.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2011, 08:02:57 am »

compared to current one,except hp loss/speed buff how much worse will it get?

Actually, some put the description in wrong the "first" time.

Old Perv pills, the ones that are still in right now, do x1.45 accuracy and x1.30 dmg, +1 speed and -10HP. (broken as fuck)

New perv pills are just x1.25 acc/dmg, no speed boost and no HP loss
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2011, 08:06:26 am »

Woah lulz! Epic broken T4 ftw!

Just wondering does anyone still think parts of RCA are broken?
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2011, 08:07:49 am »

Woah lulz! Epic broken T4 ftw!

Just wondering does anyone still think parts of RCA are broken?

o/

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2011, 08:12:50 am »

also i would like to mention that a t2 in infatry doctrine gives a +33% damage buff for all weapon upgrades vs supressed targets for whole game  while  pills  25%  on activation.

And, this is why you are not on the BT.

Stop comparing "Number A to Number B" and do the research.

It's not staying as a Tier 4. Even then the Inf. damage bonus only applies to suppressed units that those squads on firing on. So if a BAR squad pops Suppression Fire it won't matter because their damage drops off sharply upon activating SF. You need 2 or more squads or proper combined forces stuff. Not to mention that all Squads which get Suppressed take less damage anyway so at best all it's doing is mitigating some of that reduction. A straight out buff is far more valuable

This is correct, there are more factors at work for Suppression fire than the blanket buff that Perv pills gives, except Brn is thinking of "Pinned troops" not suppressed troops, in regards to suppressed troops recieving less damage.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 08:17:43 am by Groundfire » Logged
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2011, 08:13:07 am »

RCA is only as good as the players using it!
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2011, 08:25:17 am »

-Luftwaffe Evasive Maneuvers removed 5 sec delay
Very good Change. Don't know how that made it in before, but this completely broke Luft. So good job on that Cheesy

-Bergetiger fixed (gets 2 medium repair abilities, 1 with 600 recharge, 1 costs 100 mu)
-Spare parts bergetiger +100 MU t4 fixed
Thank god. Can't wait for the patch for this reason! Although, I will wait until proper judgement on this, but, 10mins seems a bit long since most games only last about 30-45 mins, so that's only 3-4 repairs, and unless I'm a completely derp, which I'm not, I won't bring it on right at the start so I'm gonna miss out on a CD cycle or two, but meh, I shall wait before making a proper mount to complain. It might be pretty balanced for all I know. I'm just SUPER happy that its in the game now Cheesy
Also, Yay for the +100mu if you take that T4. Glad I went down that path now. I was hoping this would be brought back, and it has Cheesy
Also, Does the Berge benefit from the 200%+Health and Repair speed if they repair my/ally vechs/tanks?

-Tank Hunter Mechanized support added
-Tank Hunters X7 missile added (T2 bottom Tree offmap)
-Tank Hunters T3 panzer command implemented
Mm, don't know what these are, but they all sound intresting. Wonder what they're Shocked

The following maps will be removed from the module until they receive proper updating. (Loading screen, name, preview screen, playablility, or gain popularity)
- 6p_Radar_Station

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO..............

I loved that map, I still do. Someone really needs to update it. Hell, I be willing to do so if someone quickly shows me a guide and tells me what I need to do. That can't leave the mod :<

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2011, 08:31:25 am »

I agree, 100 munitions is like 6 sherman wrecks. I guess we'll see how this plays out but I do like the concept of salvaging to afford temporary repair or mines.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 08:38:10 am by PonySlaystation » Logged

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2011, 08:32:08 am »

why is 4v4 St mere eglise not mentioned in the patch description, i think we talked about it before as i said remove the 3v3 st.mere Eglise and replace it with this one that i sent you on PM

Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2011, 08:34:53 am »

Actually, I think ill give Radar station a make over.

Ok, gork, your map will go in.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2011, 08:37:19 am »

I agree, 100 munitions is like 6 sherman wrecks.

I think there is a bug with the amount of munitions a wreck grants you
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2011, 08:40:29 am »

thank you very much man , and can u remove the 3v3 coz no one plays it coz of its size .... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
i could reaize it then i have to start most of it from the start coz i accidently deleated the original map files, I do have another mapfile but that is far from finished and i do not have patience to start all over again Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 08:45:50 am by GORKHALI » Logged
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2011, 08:42:51 am »

I agree, 100 munitions is like 6 sherman wrecks. I guess we'll see how this plays out but I do like the concept of salvaging to afford temporary repair or mines.
Wait, didn't even realize how much metal wreck gives you. That's an INSANE amount of resource gathering you need to do D:
Thank god that's a bug then. Hopefully I'm only looking having to scavenge one or two tanks. Maybe 3 at most...
Also, What can actually gather MU? I know the Ketten can, but I can't think of any others that can. *Prays that Grens can*...

And, Ground, <3 for picking up Radar Station. I would be completely gutted to see that go. I might try and make people play it a bit more because I love that map xD
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2011, 08:51:50 am »

berge himself will probably be able to salvage wrecks.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc