Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 03:27:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Individuality among V5 units (post warmup)  (Read 5625 times)
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« on: May 18, 2011, 01:19:09 pm »

I've been thinking about writing up a full list (every unit currently in EiR) of *ability* type upgrades available to Vet5 units, in addition to their new skins. These units will obviously be focus fired, and also rare as making it to Vet5 is a feat in and of itself. These would not be adding Heroic type armor to the unit or what have you, just the option of tacking on a button ability; Vet5 riflemen with 'Throw Satchel Charge', 'Concealing Smoke', or hell, even 'Wire Cutters'; Tigers with S-Mine launchers, Shermans with 'Overdrive'. Stuff to make your unit(s) stand apart from the other guy, while not making that unit outrageously OP as seen in CoHO; as button abilities and not statistical changes, these would add versatility, not survivability to the units, and would also promote getting to Vet5.

Is this a good idea? Is it yet another retarded suggestion that's been discussed 10000000 times? Should I actually go out and write this, or just stfu and play Wink? Answers, C&C, pl0x..

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 01:20:32 pm »

No. No "Win" buttons. l2p.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 01:21:50 pm »

So cromwells with Overdrive, paras with satchels, engies with cutters are win buttons? Nerf, remove all those units Wink
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 01:22:42 pm »

Cromwells suck & are rare, hardly anyone uses satchels, wire cutters, that's fine. Bit pointless for a vet 5, but meh. Still. l2p.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 01:24:52 pm »

I would love to have something like this but only if you would be limited to 1 vet 5 unit(i really hate vet whore comps) so you would not see a whole army of them.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
FailHammer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 02:09:36 pm »

Vet is for clowns. quit being a whore with it

What, people flocking around to hijack a place on my balls on their ballride to victory and PEEPEES?
Im not pulling this out of my ass, you tinfoil hat prostitute.
"Holy shit puddin, you just critted him in the face"-joseph54
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 02:23:17 pm »

Cromwells suck & are rare

cromwells with buffs are RAPE!  Wink
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 10:08:42 pm by roflmao » Logged
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 02:59:40 pm »

My vets doesn't last long but i like the idea but even though , I suggest only the main unit like Kt persing and tigers get the ability to vet up to 5 not other units then maybe you can give them mobility and mg burst high rate of fire which can supress inf coz tank mg sucks its too soft, it would be wicked ,and may be this is old discussion but if a tiger get vet 5 why not give it the ability to fire long range for a specific amount of time just like in BK mod where tiger can fire long range target for like 10 sec and cool down timer ...just a suggestion

with vet 5 for german KT,Tiger,Jagdpanther

as in the picture shown below tiger may gain long range but with cool down ability so you won't be able to use it all the time once you use it needs to recharge unitl it will be able to make long shoot  

Hull mG maybe same firing rate of the Schultz black tiger so that you can pinn inf down like stug can pin inf down

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 01:27:42 am by GORKHALI » Logged

acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 05:21:24 pm »

Vet5 Engineer Wire Cutters? Pssh. Give them a toggle for Light Crush or something so they instantly destroy obstacles.  Tongue
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 06:27:17 pm »

Heh. I was going to ask for a manned MG toggle. Sick of my .50 cal dude getting lolwtfpwnd by a panther, and then the follow-up grenblob shows up. Grrrr...

The heavies don't need any particular buffs I think, adding abilities that arent in already is...stupid. Engies already have wire cutters, btw, but I think everyone knows that.........I was just suggesting, there's everything from Assault Grenades to Commando Demos, to Armored Car mines (lolOP) and nades with increased range (Grenadier M24 grenades Tongue). Anyone with corsix can open up the game's files and look at abilities that arent really used in any mods, and that are completed and iconed by Relic.

My big question still remains: would anyone like to see a full list?
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 10:22:01 pm »

I would like something like that,but not too strong or OP,so if a good player has shit load of vet,he rolls over anything. Right now,I dont see reason to keep vet alive,except for pretty icon above head :p
sheffer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 10:51:11 pm »

Vet is for clowns. quit being a whore with it

usual bullshit by someone, who cant save vet units. Vetting units is 50% of idea of this mod.

would anyone like to see a full list?

do it

Senseless and ruthless.
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 01:22:56 am »

i like the idea. maybe just make them even more survivable cause when vet 5 comes i reckon vet hunting will be out of control lol.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 01:24:45 am »

Tits at Vet 5, thats all we need. Smiley

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 01:31:44 am »

if they get vet 5 give em Hull Mg which can supress inf and that will be the survival factor abd long rang firing ability so that firefly can also be matched in long distace for a short period of time, this should be given to only to the main units not all units  Grin Grin

but anyway this is not gonna happen vet5 with extra ability so, wate of time discussing about it
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 01:35:14 am by GORKHALI » Logged
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 05:07:20 am »

vet 5 1 second satchel kthxbye.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 06:20:07 am »

gorkhali your idea for giving the tiger long range ability is asking to make those heavies do way too much. Every unit needs a counter and honestly, the only super effective counter vs axis heavies is either hvap pershings (not against JP) or fireflys. Fireflys are better becuase you can juet kite a heavy to death, but if the tiger gets a shot which is the same range as the FF, what counter is there anymore. tiger can just trololol  around the battlefield or a KT espeically

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 07:11:34 am »

I said with cool down so that tiger has to recharge everytime after it uses long range ability and one more thing if u spam firefly with inf and mgs u cannot counter them with nothing maybe a arty spam right ,..as i always do he..he ..he  Grin Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 08:10:40 am by GORKHALI » Logged
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 02:57:41 pm »

I only think this system would really work if you had an incremental cost attached to veteran units depending on thier level, like I talked about in one of my suggestion threads. It doesn't have to be anything too major, but if they're going to buff high-vet units significantly, there needs to be some thought put into whether or not they are still worth the same cost as a standard unit.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2011, 03:09:04 pm »

There was, Got removed around 2-4 months ago becouse it was really annoying and they are going to change it so its more "Fluid" of an Vet system and they are going to change the vet system or something.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc