Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 11:27:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gaining Vet for NCU + Others  (Read 3608 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: May 21, 2011, 02:18:36 pm »

I was thinking about how there is so much talk about how vet works and such, but there are units that consistently miss out on vet because of a few reasons.

1 - They are a NCU, non-combat unit, they don't vet up because they have no way of receiving vet.
2 - They are scout units and do little damage and are killed extremely easily.
3 - It's a support unit and is usually instagibbed by arty, mortar, while packing up, or simply doesn't get kills, but suppress.

I was thinking of how these units should get vet or ways to help them keep their vet.

NCUs should get a % of xp from surrounding units, just like how PE work in vcoh. depending on what the unit does it should get X% of xp, and should have X radius around it in which it gets xp. depending on the vet tables for the unit, a unit like the vampire HT should probably get 75% of xp from units around it, and it's XP radius gain should be the radius of its awareness. a unit like a muni HT should get 75% of xp from units with in its radius of effect.

Scout units or other easily killed units should be similar, but since they actually have a minimal ability to kill they would receive less xp. i think a jeep or bike should get about 10% xp from units around it, and its xp radius gain would be its sight. this means if you keep your scout on long enough they will get xp for helping spot targets. the 10% is so low because you can be spotting for tanks and atgs, and they have such a low vet table as well.

Units like mgs who don't actually get too many kills should get about 10% could maybe even go as low as 5% xp from units around them, in a radius as big as their shooting zone. that way they are rewarded for stopping units and letting your other units clean them up. Also HTs fall under this category, they do some damage, but mostly suppress, are usually killed quite easily, and just move troops around.

There is also figuring out vet for NCU, they would most likely want vet that increases their abilities, as well as making them faster/harder to hit/stronger.

It would also be cool to see units like scouts and a few others receive (with vet) a chance to reroll.

I also think ALL units who don't fall under these categories share 1% xp with each other. they all fought in the same battle with each other they should all learn something together.

I think with something along these lines put in, we won't just see vetted tigers, rifles, ISTs, commandos, and grens, we will start seeing those underdog units that do their share of dirty work competing for leader board spots and ranking up in game more often.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 02:25:34 pm »

Noncombat units should gain vet. +1.

In OMG they get vet from just surviving the battle (retreated)

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 02:29:18 pm »

Noncombat units should gain vet. +1.

In OMG they get vet from just surviving the battle (retreated)
+1 at NCU getting Vet. I would LOVE to see a Vet 3 Bike/Jeep/Ketten ect xD

But Getting vet for just retreating off the map can be pretty easily exploited, Just call them on and then pull the straight back off. Easy Vet :s

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 02:51:16 pm »

I had a vet2 Engineer Minesweeper (seperate from engie squad). Schmidt sent 3 ISTs after it. Poor thing.............

Yeah, Id love to see this. MGs and ATGs are so easy to vet, but also so easy to lose. One thing Id love to see is two toggle buttons for team weapons. One to decrew and retreat, and one to just decrew. If you find an empty mortar/ATG/whatever later, you crew it, keep that level of vet etc, and you could also de-crew your mortar to say, defend against a single harrasing pio squad.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 03:13:02 pm »

i'd love to see untis get like 1xp just for capping. would promote better tactics

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 04:01:37 pm »

i'd love to see untis get like 1xp just for capping. would promote better tactics

agreed!

But Getting vet for just retreating off the map can be pretty easily exploited, Just call them on and then pull the straight back off. Easy Vet :s

they wouldnt get vet for coming on then getting off. they would only get vet for being on field and engaging in battle, or being near battle, and the amount would be quite small, enough to not ever make it worth it for coming on and then getting pulled off.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 04:11:33 pm »

I want vet 3 bergetigers and kettenkrads. Oh and vet 3 goliaths.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 04:12:53 pm »

Play vCoH?

We have something planned for NCUs anyways.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 04:32:13 pm »

I want vet 3 bergetigers and kettenkrads. Oh and vet 3 goliaths.
Lol wut

Goliath is a comabt unit  Roll Eyes

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 04:38:00 pm »

Lol wut

Goliath is a comabt unit  Roll Eyes

it can't do anything BUT combat XD
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2011, 05:38:17 pm »

They are EiRs personal arabs, all they do is hide and then go boom! or they could also be irish Tongue

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2011, 07:19:12 pm »

I swear Goliaths can actually Vet, it obviously gone in a blink of an eye, but afaik, if you explode you kill before the unit goes, so its possible to vet requirements and vet up...then die Tongue
sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2011, 09:21:11 pm »

Goliath Vet 1:
-15% in speed
Becomes rusty due to no maintenance on the field [normally not required]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc