Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 05:27:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Engineers Draft  (Read 16315 times)
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2011, 06:13:11 am »

What if it was changed to only increase ATG rof?

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2011, 06:16:48 am »

Remove the Trench Clearers and problem solved Cheesy
Only 2 Flame related things in the coy then, and I meant the Stuart would have its main gun replaced with a flamer Smiley

Still think the Plane call in would be better then the Rapid fire, but its your doc xD
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 06:18:24 am by MittinsKittens » Logged

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2011, 06:18:44 am »

I know what the stuart croc is, and I'm telling you, that thing would be stupid.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2011, 06:20:40 am »

IE, why they have it in OMG and no eirr Wink

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2011, 06:34:22 am »

Still think the Plane call in would be better then the Rapid fire, but its your doc xD

A plane that fires a single round that is only capable of finishing off a 1/4 health PIV? :/
That's, really, really weak. Compared to the V1 that is also a T2 offmap...
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2011, 06:40:57 am »

Don't know the Damage it should do, but its no my job to balance the damage of it. I was thinking 1/4 of a PIV health bar but that might be a bit much...or not enough seeing as its a SINGLE use offmap *ponders*
Like I said, I don't know numbers and it doesn't matter really because the Balance team will balance it if its too much:P
And the V1 might change seeing as Terror isn't in yet Tongue

But meh, It was a idea that people can use. Not saying you NEED to use it, but it might be welcomed more then the rapid fire Tongue
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 06:43:22 am by MittinsKittens » Logged
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2011, 06:54:30 am »

Remember, T3s need to synergize to be able to match a T4 tree. I dont feel as if these T3s do that justice.

What ive been thinking works well for this (and now especially when you can choose an extra t2 with Dual T3s) is to make each T3 have a "tank buff" an "infantry buff" and a "support buff" each corresponding to their appropriate tree.

Make them so that separate they are nice buffs, but togather they make a really good combo.

and I feel as if your T4s are not meaty enough. Try to make the buffs alittle smaller and incorporate more units/abilities into the T4s. They look kind of bland at the moment.

"Plant feet" is the perfect example of a unique ability that could symbolize a T4.

One of my favorites is that Sappers lay demos that look like a random axis support weapon. Sit down and think hard about cool abilities that symbolize the tree because that's what we want to see in a T4

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2011, 07:34:10 am »

Do you mean, each T3 buffs a tank, an infantry unit, and a support unit, or each T3 will buff a seperate unit?
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2011, 07:44:02 am »

The first one, but make them synergize.

Like for example:

Offensive tree:                                            Defensive tree:                                                Utility tree:

Churchill Variants:                                         Firefly/Churchill MKVI:                                  Churchill Variants:   (except AVRE) 
Provide defensive aura (40m)                        - Hulldown bonuses x2                                 - Have access to Tank shock (35muni)
- -25% received suppression
- -15% cooldown to tommies/sappers             Infantry in Green cover:                                            AVRE:
                                                                 - .25 received acc. modifier                                   -  Range +10
ATG/Machineguns:                                        (improved from 0.5 rec acc.)                              
- +15% fire arc                                                                                                                 Casualty Clearing Station:
- +15% reload                                             Sappers:                                                       -  Functions as a Triage

Officer                                                      -  Demolitions are now disguised as
- Aura range increase (50m?)                         axis heavy weapons                                         Tommies/Sappers  
                                                                                                                                  -   -15% recieved dmg in buildings
Stuarts/Staghounds                                     Trenches:                                                          
-Gain Improved canister shot                       -Come with Demos built in                                  Mortars/Machineguns
                                                                                                                                  -       -35% pack up time
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 07:51:03 am by Groundfire » Logged
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2011, 07:48:07 am »

That's pretty cool, I like the trench with a demo thing. and the CCS Triage Smiley

Shouldn't the Hulldown bonus be in the defensive tree though? Or is Hulldown in the defensive tree still and that just makes it super epic
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2011, 07:50:22 am »

Your probably right. This is just a hypothetical set of T3s i made on the spot.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2011, 09:19:26 am »

yeah the trench and demo thing is a cool idea, you should use that.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2011, 09:41:39 am »

Revised version up.

Should be a bit better, but I feel like the T4's are a little weak now. Any comments, assuming they are actually helpful, are much appreciated. Groundfire, I hope you don't mind that I stole some of your ideas Grin

I'll be taking Tanks' advice and posting a Q&A with the revised version in a bit too, hopefully that will explain my thoughts behind the draft a bit better.
BigDick
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2011, 10:01:23 am »

Since no replies are allowed in the other thread, I figured I'd post here as well for any c&c

Plant Feet - Would work in the exact same way as Hulldown. Takes a while to set up, and you can't just get out of it, it's on a cooldown.

Support Awareness - Is an offmap on uses: 1 free, 3 max

Rapid Fire - Is an OFFMAP on uses: 1 free, 2 max

King & Country is the same

i just looked at hold the line and have to say FAIL

What is that an offmap? "boys AT rifle and bren tommies become immobile and gain 50% more accuracy?"

- they can't fire on the move anyways
- boysAT 50% more accuracy to do what? sniping infantry? they already always hitting
- firefly gets marder lockdown to be what? increasing its >100% penetration further? to do what? penetrating more than always?
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2011, 10:39:28 am »

I don't understand why you quoted the whole thing but anyway...

Why don't you read the bit at the top about Plant Feet? It actually tells you how it works. How does firing on the move have any relevance?

And I'm pretty sure it doesn't have 100% penetration against everything. And if it does, that isn't the only buff Marder lockdown gives.

EDIT: It doesn't. It has 0.85 penetration at distant & long range, 0.92 at medium, and 1.00 at short. So actually, you're wrong.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 10:47:59 am by Mister Schmidt » Logged
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2011, 10:52:29 am »

TBH giving a free demo in Treanches as a T3 is quite weird and In my opinion should rather be an upgrade for engies for around 30 mun for 3 trenches(aslong as the  demo only destroyes the trench and dose not have a splash)
this would make it that you would not be able to spam treanches and dont worry about them when the enemy enters them.
or just make it like HT and kill half a squad that is in it.

Hey what do i know.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 10:54:50 am by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2011, 01:20:51 pm »

Maaaaaaaybe. A very big maybe.

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2011, 02:43:10 pm »

Maaaaaaaybe. A very big maybe.

well admit it that giving all recon or normal tommys the ability to build trenches everywhere and not worry about your enemy entering it due to demos is quite the bullshit and even more for free its a little overpowerd even for a T3, sappers for cheap sure but tommys for free?
ehhhhhh
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2011, 02:44:27 pm »

You don't have to enter the trenches you know? Tongue Maybe limit it to Sappers though, yes.

« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2011, 02:46:23 pm »

Yea its quite easy to not just enter them but you can just build a roadblock for all LVs with those things .  Tongue

sure you can do that allready but hey they dont blow into your face everyseckond.

well it looks decent enough exept for the FF speed increase + CCs but the mods will find a way around that.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc