Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 08:38:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rikis AB (Brain Storm) Doctrine Draft  (Read 4427 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: May 25, 2011, 12:17:29 am »

This is what I have thought out for my Airborne Doctrine thus far. It still needs a lot of work, but some of my basic ideas are here, don't be too harsh as it's just my brain storm thus far, but I might have ideas that other people like that they would throw into their doctrine drafts.

ABI = Airborne Infantry (those that get satchels, RRs, and grenades) (the light .30 will be taken out of AB, AB need to be on the move to be effective, should be moved to infantry or armor)
ABR = Airborne Riflemen (the unit that got taken out. the new one will be like ABI, except the only upgrade they get (other than from other doctrine upgrades) will be grenades. They will start off with garands and SL will have a thompson. They will also be less pool cost than regular AB.

Offensive Tree: Raid Assault

Tier 1x1: Experienced NCOs
-Ability: SLs +20 HP
-Description: All SLs gain +20hp

Tier 1x2: Eagle Eyes
-Ability: RRs and ATGs are 20% more accurate
-Description: RRs and both 57s are 20% more accurate

Tier 1x3: Hold in Force
-Ability: +6 pop units capture territory 50% faster
-Description: +6 pop

Tier 1x4: Aggressive Maneuvers
-Ability: Pathfinders can place 2x smoke charges. Detonating them will create a large area of smoke to cover Airborne drops. AB Riflemen gain AB health.
-Description

Mobility/Utility Tree: Breaking Through

Tier 2x1: Light Winds
-Ability: Less scatter on air dropped troops
-Description: All air dropped units land closer together

Tier 2x2: Clear Roads!
-Ability:  All tanks and light vehicles are 15% faster for the first 20 seconds
-Description: Increase speed on tanks and vehicles getting them to the front lines to support

Tier 2x3: Currahee!
-Ability: No fire up penalties (no loss of sight, no exhaustion) -30 seconds on timer, weapons crews pack up 35% faster
-Description: Allows AB to get into a better fighting position and relocate with their support weapons faster.

Tier 2x4: Pushing to the Front
-Ability: Pathfinders get 2x flare charges, lights up a small area and is on a 10 minute timer. AB ATGs gain the fire up ability, it doesn't make them shoot faster, just move quicker. Tanks and TDs gain heavy crush and provide surrounding troops with a faster run speed.
-Description

Defensive Tree: Bastonge Vets

Tier 3x1: Funneling Tactics
-Ability: ABI + ABR can build defenses
-Description: ABI + ABR can build wire, tank traps, and sand bags about 25% slower than engs

Tier 3x2: Airborne Engineers
-Ability: ABR can purchase an explosives upgrade
-Description: for 40mu they can purchase a hawkins mine and a regular mine, this ability will cancel out grenades

Tier 3x3: Binoculars
-Ability: All weapon crews gain +7 sight when stationary, ABR + ABI are 20% more accurate when passing through green/yellow cover.
-Description: Support Weapons will gain larger sight

Tier 3x4: Bastogne Veterans
-Ability: Pathfinders get 2x trip flare mines, LVs gain a lock down ability that makes them immobile, but have +5 sight, and faster reload/cooldown, provides troops in a 20m radius with -10% incoming accuracy, medics can heal selves and gain a larger healing radius,
-Description: Trip Flare Mines will shoot a "lit up flare" such as those that RCA get, which will reveal a small area and all units in the area will receive 20% more damage and 20% easier to hit.

Unlocks

Tier 1x1: Aerial Support
-Ability: Unlocks AB Support Teams, these are support teams with AB armor/health and fireup
-Description: Paradropped mg, mortar, atg

Tier 1x2: Aerial Marksman
-Ability: Unlocks the AB Sniper
-Description: Paradropped AB Sniper with AB armor and fireup

Tier 1x3: Pathfinders and Aerial Corpsmen
-Ability: Unlocks AB Medics and Pathfinders
-Description: Pathfinder is a new unit that will work like the Commando Radio Triangulation guy, except the pathfinder will have different abilities depending on which tree you go down.

Offmaps

Tier 2x1: Recon Run
-Ability: Recon Run
-Description: 1 free, 2 max

Tier 2x2: Strafing Run
-Ability: Strafing Run

Tier 2x3: Bombing Run
-Ability: Bombing Run

Upgrades

Tier 3x1: Aerial Infantry
-Ability: Unlocks AB Infantry and AB Riflemen
-Description: AB Infantry will be the same as we see now with RR, Satchel, and lose the grenade upgrade, AB Riflemen will be Riflemen with AB armor (not AB health), less pool cost, and only grenade upgrade (no sticky or bar upgrade)

Tier 3x2: Improved LVs
-Ability: M8, quad, and HT can purchase uses of special ammunition or abilities.
-Description: For 20mu HT can purchase AP rounds (2x uses), this would cause it to do decent damage vs. marders, for 50mu quad can purchase a lockdown ability that gives it 15% faster rotation, reload, and extra sight, it becomes immobile as well. 3 second non-shooting delay when going into and out of lockdown. M8 for 40mu can purchase AP rounds with 50% more penetration and 10% more damage (2x uses)

Tier 3x3: Leg Bags
-Ability: Upgrade for ABI and ABR
-Description: ABI can buy garands + grenades for 50mu, ABRs can purchase 3 BARs for 135mu (these BARs would have SF on them, for balance sake they could be 120mu w/o SF)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 10:15:38 am by RikiRude » Logged

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 12:36:43 am »

ABR's gaining 3 bars for a purchase of 110 munis? seems a little imbalanced. Considering 2 bars at 90 munis is 45 munis a piece. It should at the very least be 135. Then you have excellent bars on a already pretty decent type of troops aswell, who can fireup and recieve less incoming accucary due to there armour. I dont know man, maybe 2 bars for that price would be well suited.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 12:44:07 am by Scotzmen » Logged
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 02:56:46 am »

Also, will these bars have suppression or will it be removed?  If it's bars with no suppression, I'd pay 135 for 3 of them, with suppression then I agree with Scotz that a price increase is in order, though for different reasons.

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 03:57:53 am »

i believe calling it a brain storm is politically incorrect now.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 10:38:32 am »

Oh these were supposed to be the BARs w/o suppression, I think a price increase would make sense. 120mu, but 135mu for BARs WITH suppression makes more sense.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 10:41:55 am »

I like trip (flare) mines, or the general idea of having mines that would put you in negative cover for a short duration.

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 11:29:29 am »

updated a bit, now to actually PLAY some eirr.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 03:01:34 am »

seems cool.

I like it when there isnt a tier i dont care for.
If i chose one of them i will quickly reset and choose another one to test it out.

Maybe AB shouldnt have the option for suppression at all with bars. As maybe a bit much for a unit to suppress,kill, and sprint away. They arent that good without suppression so cheaper price would make sense. LMG just SUCKSSSSS. That has to go

Be cool if they had greaseguns, but ya op... or maybe just too useful. Or maybe its not. And the idea of a l33t US airborne while easy to counter... sounds too scary?

how does "Open supply lines!" work? Button?

not sure about "provide surrounding troops with a faster run speed for tanks". I like it but imbalanced? maybe cover bonus? or is that worse? BUt hey if there are units that can throw 6 grenades in 2 seconds whatevs.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 12:51:58 pm by Poppi » Logged
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 10:16:43 am »

updated, its near completion i just need some input on ideas to round it out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc