Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 04:31:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lock n Load second relook?  (Read 4629 times)
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: May 28, 2011, 01:59:08 pm »

The inf doctrine third specialty seems to focus on support weapons.

Howi, ATG, MG, sniper,  and Mortar, basically not focusing or doing anything for mainline inf or tanks. But with US mortar and MG teams lacking good stats,even with the support buffs it doesnt seem to help your company as a whole. what run 2mgs, 2 mortars, 1 sniper, howi, and 4 ATG and thats your support team w/o going into the red. Leaving like 80% of your company without any worth while buffs. Though T3  support training does imrpove inf on the move wtih -10acc rec and +50% acc while moving.

What i am suggesting is to only improve the mortar and mg teams and help out ATG.

Sniper buff is great, and being able to move howi is all u can really ask for. So those 2 are fine. HOWI AND SNIPERS ARE FINEEEEE!

So what im thinking is

Have t2 increase ATG speed by +.5 (armor has it)

For the T3 add a sprint option for MG and mortar teams like the much stronger AB or Commandos got. And if u want maybe reduce the acc while moving to 30-40% to balance out the t3?

And for t4 add reduction time for tear down/setup with just mortars. I think mortar range is +10 already with t4, but i dont see it on description so that may or may not already be there.

So basically run down of what i think this support tier should have added is

ATG speed +.5
Sprint for Mortar and MG team.
Reduce setup/teardown of MG and Mortars.
ATG range +3 or 5.(OK drop this too OP i guess)
Mortar range +10 if not still in there.

If u dont like these stats im just trying to focus on the idea that the inf doc with the support specialization should have deadly support. Why should commandos or AB docs have better mortar/mg teams than infantry specialization, using pretty much the same cost with the addition of being dropped in. And why should armor have faster ATGs if they have a pershing and HVAP support available as well?

And its not OP b/c its support. Mainline inf, atg, and tanks are what win the game. So your only buffing a small amount of troops on the battlefield.

And LnL tier just seems very lackluster compared to the other tiers.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 02:41:17 pm by Poppi » Logged
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 02:07:30 pm »

Sorry but i am opposed to this.
Ground allready rapes everything with his locked and loaded company so i doupt he needs anymore help with it.
allso the sniper buffs aint as useless as you think first of all snipers do miss and the damadge and sight buffs means that it can kill officers alot easyer and KCH so you dont have to worry about Elite Inf ruining your day, allso 10+ in sight means that it can spot foritself instead of relying on an outside source like a jeep or an riflemen squad
oh yea i dont think they dish out range increases anymore(or really rarely)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 02:12:23 pm by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 02:13:14 pm »

Ugh, no thank you I see enough Allied support spam as it is, I'm telling you Poppi, they seriously don't need any more buffing, if you can't make it work, don't try to get them buffed, I hate it when people do that. It's fine as it is.

Have t2 increase ATG speed by +.5 (armor has it)
If Armour has it, Infantry doesn't need it.

increase ATG range by 3-5
No offense, but pretty pointless tbh. Also unfair, can't have 57mm's outranging Paks and sniping them without fear of return fire.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 02:15:30 pm »

Sorry but i am opposed to this.
Ground allready rapes everything with his locked and loaded company so i doupt he needs anymore help with it.
allso the sniper buffs aint as useless as you think first of all snipers do miss and the damadge and sight buffs means that it can kill officers alot easyer and KCH so you dont have to worry about Elite Inf ruining your day, allso 10+ in sight means that it can spot foritself instead of relying on an outside source like a jeep or an riflemen squad

said sniper buff is fine the way it is. Just lose some of its accr advantage when all snipers are shooting 100% at certain targets.
But as i said sniper is fine dont touch it. Rather hear more feedback about the other stuff.

Did Ground rape u b/c MG or mortar teams? or bc he used m10s and inf with bars?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 02:41:58 pm by Poppi » Logged
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 02:18:53 pm »

said sniper buff is fine the way it is. Just lose some of its accr advantage when all snipers are shooting 100% at certain targets.

American snipers do miss you know.
its only units that are still or in houses that it has 100% acc (unless there is something like a wall in its way(i think))
allso it has the major tendancy of missing other snipers when i am using them so the acc buff is something i would welcome.

Did Ground rape u b/c or mortar teams? or bc he used m10s and inf with bars?

You dont diss ground bro, Ground is the guy tought me alot about rangers and the correct way on using them but no he did not kick my ass with bars and m10s but with 30cals and mortars for he knows what he is doing, most of the time atleast.

Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 02:21:52 pm »

Ugh, no thank you I see enough Allied support spam as it is, I'm telling you Poppi, they seriously don't need any more buffing, if you can't make it work, don't try to get them buffed, I hate it when people do that. It's fine as it is.
If Armour has it, Infantry doesn't need it.
No offense, but pretty pointless tbh. Also unfair, can't have 57mm's outranging Paks and sniping them without fear of return fire.

i play with allies all the time. I honestly never seen a spam of mgs and mortars. Their pointless. I see spam of mg 42s alot more. I see spam of rangers, AB, m10s, m8s but in 200+ games never seen MGs, mortars, or snipers spammed. U cant anyways. As i said 2 of each and a howi and support is in negative.

And not sure when this game became fair in the terms of unit A=unit B. Why shouldnt a 57mm with a t4 specialization out range a pak? Do all units have the same range or armor. Hell no. They are vastly different. Not like im asking for +10 range.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 02:23:56 pm »

You don't NEED to use a howi just because you run Infantry you know? I don't think you realise that. Also no, range buffs, afaik, are not looked at particularly fondly around here, and trust me, if that ever got implemented, JUST you wait until we get 1 zillion posts on here from Axis players complaining about it.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 02:25:30 pm »

American snipers do miss you know.
its only units that are still or in houses that it has 100% acc (unless there is something like a wall in its way(i think))
allso it has the major tendancy of missing other snipers when i am using them so the acc buff is something i would welcome.

You dont diss ground bro, Ground is the guy tought me alot about rangers and the correct way on using them but no he did not kick my ass with bars and m10s but with 30cals and mortars for he knows what he is doing, most of the time atleast.

"its only units that are still or in houses that it has 100% acc " I KNOWWWWW. Thats what i said read OP when i said 100% acc against garrisoned units, and repeated it again in my reply about certain targets.. Ok drop the sniper issue, its getting no where.

Wasnt dissing ground at all. Just seeing if units not affected by Lock N Load (rangers, inf, M10s, shermans, engineers, m18s, etc) is what got you. Well i would like to see Grounds replays, cause i think this in a weak specialization.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 02:43:34 pm by Poppi » Logged
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 02:25:35 pm »

i play with allies all the time. I honestly never seen a spam of mgs and mortars. Their pointless. I see spam of mg 42s alot more. I see spam of rangers, AB, m10s, m8s but in 200+ games never seen MGs, mortars, or snipers spammed. U cant anyways. As i said 2 of each and a howi and support is in negative.

And not sure when this game became fair in the terms of unit A=unit B. Why shouldnt a 57mm with a t4 specialization out range a pak? Do all units have the same range or armor. Hell no. They are vastly different. Not like im asking for +10 range.

You tend to realise this when you play as axis against it. Need a nebel against that shit

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 02:29:00 pm »

Ok no ATG range.

What about tear down or sprint. Thats one thing i would like to know about. I mean other docs already have sprint for MG and Mortars so im not asking anything OP here.

Or maybe just one of the two. Point being to keep the crew alive. Seems weird if i want to run a good MG and mortar team and mobile ATGs im better of choosing a doc that DOESNT specialize in mortars,MGs, or ATGs. Like AB or Commandos.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 02:33:49 pm by Poppi » Logged
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 11:20:07 pm »

How can i check if those bonuses accr and view range are working for support teams. Havent noticed any improvement.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 02:50:06 am »

Look at the RGD's.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 03:47:50 am »

The ability will probably be reviewed in the future
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc