Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 04, 2024, 07:30:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

by Bear
[October 02, 2024, 01:14:57 pm]

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I miss... [EIR nostalgia, beware]  (Read 16348 times)
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2011, 08:30:48 pm »

I miss each doctrine being unique, none of this retarded buff ever unit you can possibly take crap.

The game has changed, every doctrine is basically the same other than some specific units. No focus, no variation, the fantasy gets dumbed down more and more each day.

AmPM was always a big proponent of this theory btw.

And of course people will deny it and thats fine, but I do agree with what hes saying.

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2011, 08:44:38 pm »

I don't miss anything tbh. I learnt to move on with the mod and adapt to new doctrines, new encounters, new gimmicks etc. Hell, this is where half the fun is. If I had a 50x ab company I wouldn't have changed ever, and I would have left the mod a long time ago.

Smokaz you said you were leaving for good, so stop complaining about smurfs, if you come back to play a few games, just use your proper name and get over it ffs.

- Enkk
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2011, 08:52:59 pm »

I don't miss anything tbh. I learnt to move on with the mod and adapt to new doctrines, new encounters, new gimmicks etc. Hell, this is where half the fun is. If I had a 50x ab company I wouldn't have changed ever, and I would have left the mod a long time ago.

- Enkk

+10

For my brief stint with vEiR, I can comfortably say that I do not care at all that my tigers could, by them selves no less, kill swaths of riflemen and sometimes entire allied armies by themselves.

vEir doctrines buffed a singular set of units to stupid purportions to the point where every company was exactly identical.

You think you guys liked x50 airborne armies, well guess what, so did everyone else! That's all there was, unless you liked the occasional x100 rifle company with TR. There was far less variety and far less skill involved.

What did matter was killing vet and not letting it escape to other games, which i hope we can fix with the new vet rework and vet 5, but other than that, there was no skill or excitement in having to blow away 5 repair bunkers every game.

It's fine if it was occaisonal, to give a sense of objectives but it was literally every f'en game!

Killing a doom fort is not an objective, it's a chore, its autopilot. You can still do it now, but im glad it takes some thought and some wire placement.

We sacraficed cool super hero units for tactics and teamwork and cut the bullshit. (if i ever have to play 3 subversion terrors again, ill slit my wrists)

So yeah, im not nostalgic. Wink

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

cloud234 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2011, 08:59:39 pm »

I agree with Smokaz' analysis.

Grudge matches (as long as it is good natured) are good for game progression. High skill levels of play pushes units to their limits and truly evaluate if units are OP or UP.

Today's company design are gimmicks, built around a doctrines of whats more imba, more buffed or if people prefer it, what is easier to micro and win.

There are good and there are bad with both vEiR and EiRR. If the best of both worlds can be combined, it would be much better.

Ironically while vEiR was horrible broken, as stated by a few others before, it was broken vs broken which balanced it out. Raid Assault AB vs Terror Subversion vs Dual Rocket Rack Calliopes vs Tank Reaper rifle hordes vs you-name-it.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2011, 09:10:24 pm »

Except that specialized companies were beaten by bringing the correct counters. And you still have this same effect going due to crap balancing between factions. You don't need to buff a unit to god hood to have a unique company. Now its all the same shit every game with the occasional abuse of broken mechanics or doctrines. Once the game is "balanced" every company will be just as effective at everything as the company next to it.

On top of this poor doctrine and unit design has left some units nearly useless and ignored. And no, the metagame will not adjust until there is a doctrine change. Its not a magic self aware entity that evolves past the point of optimal builds.

To add to the posting about 50 AB build and such, those caused change. Know you are fighting an AB player? P4s, Ostwinds and Pumas along with MP40 volks. Fighting lots of armor? Tank Reapers. Lots of support? Bring on the dual rocket rack calli or Stormy armies.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 09:21:41 pm by AmPM » Logged

DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2011, 09:21:34 pm »

I am going to go ahead and say new EiR is ALOT better than old EiR. Tired of people having pure carbine bar riflespam companies supported by only atgs owning everything. No skill. Now game are full of tactics and skill. I dont get what you mean by every company is the same to fight, because its not, if it is, then you need to stop stacking against nubs who have no idea how to build a effective company and start fighting real players.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2011, 09:25:21 pm »

Dark, the only gimmicks that do anything are those using currently broken doctrines/mechanics.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2011, 09:32:13 pm »

I miss the old doctrines

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2011, 09:32:30 pm »

I miss subversion

..and the little battle reports that'd show up on the website broadcasting in dramatic faction the results of the last played match.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2011, 09:40:32 pm »

I miss the good old repair system on tanks tbh. It was usefull, if a little biased to the axis sde after they got heavys and super heavys.

I miss the large amount of resources we got to. Companies feel alot more restricted now. Feels like clustraphobia tbh. Were i could drop tons airbourne ATG's and Airbourne.

I miss the old EIR tbh.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2011, 10:41:41 pm »

I miss each doctrine being unique, none of this retarded buff ever unit you can possibly take crap.

The game has changed, every doctrine is basically the same other than some specific units. No focus, no variation, the fantasy gets dumbed down more and more each day.
This actually, is true - and I agree fully with it.

When the Warmap is done, I'll involve myself back into balance - as I loved the feel and meta-game of the old EIR doctrines (but we've moved to a little more complexity now).

My aim is to bring a focus feel to each doctrine, not have a perfect balance of every T4 to every other T4 - that realistically is an impossible goal.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2011, 10:58:06 pm »

This actually, is true - and I agree fully with it.

When the Warmap is done, I'll involve myself back into balance - as I loved the feel and meta-game of the old EIR doctrines (but we've moved to a little more complexity now).

My aim is to bring a focus feel to each doctrine, not have a perfect balance of every T4 to every other T4 - that realistically is an impossible goal.
could you change back to the hard gamers instead of giving back to the casual gamers, we all know they have stuck around since the changes *rolls eyes*
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2011, 11:13:33 pm »

..and the little battle reports that'd show up on the website broadcasting in dramatic faction the results of the last played match.

+100

I loved seeing the battle reports, those were probably the things that made me most excited about playing this mod, and having a leaderboard that actually meant something.  I miss having a campaign were we had a point total that went up and down depending on how many games you played Sad
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2011, 11:30:29 pm »

could you change back to the hard gamers instead of giving back to the casual gamers, we all know they have stuck around since the changes *rolls eyes*
I want to cater to both.  But what I have planned for bonuses on your Warmap rank will give hardcore stuff Wink
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2011, 12:48:53 am »

I think some people are getting OLD EIR mixed up with EIR post OF. They were incredibly different when it was just WM and US compared to when many changes were made once CW and PE were brought in. So this entire thread is kind of jumbled.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2011, 01:14:24 am »

I want to cater to both.  But what I have planned for bonuses on your Warmap rank will give hardcore stuff Wink

thanks mate sounds good
Migi Offline
See airborne should get SMG's too!
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2011, 01:45:30 am »

I miss my first infantry company. The fin pop for the whole company was 990, and I had 15 vet 2 or better Ranger squads(zooks were uber shite back then though). The battle were just massive casualties then, to lose 600 troops by one player wasn't unheard of in those games. Stumpster actually had one even bigger than mine though. Those battles were so much fun every one just laughed and played. That was way back though, v1.2 or 1.3.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2011, 01:46:42 am »

Yea, those were the days lol.

I had a company with 53 LMG Grens, a few dozen support weapons, and like 5 Panthers.
kwiatekkek Offline
okultysta, mistyk, szachista i alpinista.

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2011, 02:14:02 am »

But what I have planned for bonuses on your Warmap rank will give hardcore stuff Wink

PURE HC

Wink

"L2P" is like a Auswitcz tattoo on your arm, a mark of the survivor.
*cough* Team Lead is Allied bias, just FYI
BigDick
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2011, 02:39:33 am »

i personally miss the after battle news reports

EPIC Battle #666
BigDick raped MyPussy in a fierce engagement

what i don't miss is the old repair system
it was basically NO FUN to play with players having their tiger sit near a repairbunker and using a pio to repair (80% of their pop) most of the game and moving each 10 min some meters to be shot by an AT gun 1 time and move back to repairbunker

that was such a bullshit boring campy suck gameplay

I miss having 10k manpower and 50 AB

You mean you missed bug exploiting like oversupplying by recrewing and retreating support weapons with airbornes  Huh Roll Eyes Cool

Today's company design are gimmicks, built around a doctrines of whats more imba, more buffed or if people prefer it, what is easier to micro and win.

thats bullshit and only proves that you never played original EIR
there where tons of pure riflemen companys with some tankreaper AT guns
or tons of big airborne and gren blobs and companies with 30++ autoheal M8s or 30 autoheal jeeps where people calling in blobs of 5 buffed jeeps killing all infantry and healing faster than lmg grens could damage them

i think its because the doctrines are weak now
there are still themed builds available but they are weak because T4s are weak now

vet is still some kind of strong and stronger than doctrines so it doesn't matter much what doctrines you choose and what company you run as long as you keep your vet alive and use it to maximum
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 02:41:21 am by BigDick » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc