Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 04:24:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.7.9.P patch notes  (Read 47865 times)
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2011, 04:40:49 pm »

hell yeah

why is everyone except me retarded?
COHCommando Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2011, 05:16:43 pm »

patch was good and all but snipers still run for cover even though it said in the patch notes no longer looks for cover before firing  Angry
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2011, 05:26:03 pm »

Huh? I'm pretty sure we took out that 'combat AI' that made units dodge for cover automatically a long time ago... (Including the sniper)
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2011, 05:26:58 pm »

Yeah that's been gone for ages. Stops grenadiers doing the LMG dance

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
COHCommando Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2011, 05:30:16 pm »

much just a vcoh thing then
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2011, 06:13:41 pm »

Yeah that's been gone for ages. Stops grenadiers doing the LMG dance

It was epic lmao

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2011, 07:08:03 pm »

This patch looks pretty badass, I'm not going to lie.

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
cloud234 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2011, 09:06:52 pm »

Fail balance. Fail Fail Fail.

1. Ranger SMGS @ 145 (36.25 / gun) Munitions still suck against 1 Bar (40/ gun)+ 1 (13/gun) Greasegun for same price 145 munitions. If you include T3, ur talking about a total benefit of 181.25 munis vs 120 munis (BARs) + 78 munis (greaseguns). Spreading ur firepower on 2 platforms is always better than dumping ur eggs into 1 platform... who still gets killed by Mp40 volks btw.

It has to go down to the same price as stens or lesser, considering that stens are on commandos, gives 6 of them therefore higher dps and commandos > rangers.

2. Sherman upgun splash lowering is about the only good thing I see about this patch. I would actually go to the extent and SUGGEST that upgun sherman should be a different unit because it is Anti-Tank and not Anti-Inf. Look at Puma - upgun puma for instance.

3. M10 lowered penetration against hetzer? Don't you know hetzer is one of the most economical and best Medium tank on the field currently? L2P.  Maybe its a small change but for a tank destroyer round to bounce off a hetzer and to equate it on status with a heavy tank? You must be on weed.

4. Commando Sniper not nerfed yet?

Please nerf british, its the most OP faction currently.

5. Flak 88 to 6 pop??? Are you fking serious!??!?! Which idiot thought buffing flak88 is a great idea? Now you can have 2 flak 88s at 12 pop, which effectively locks down half if not the entire map in terms of AT, grab a single MG and dump in 2 infantry like mp40s. And you will add defensive doctrine mod for "arty" and u will not only AT but also arty the shit out of the enemy. BRILLIANT BALANCING! WAY TO GO!

6. No P4 IST nerf???

Jeez, brilliant balance team you got there. There's so much work you need to do to make the game balanced but you guys are not doing it (or recognising it).

Just because the metagame doesn't show it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

7. Also... what are your price changes to the units to reflect the vcoh changes? None? The vcoh changes will affect the underlying gameplay subtlely and will require a new set of balancing again. Yes, I know some of those changes are already on, but there are implications to the rest of it. What have you considered about it? Not even a statement saying that price changes etc will be on the way for the potential shift in unit effectiveness?

Enjoy breaking the game much?
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2011, 09:16:56 pm »

That pop you hear before logic fills your ears is the sound of you pulling your head from your ass.

How many crewmen are on a Flak? The answer is 3. 5 for the gun and 1 for the crew. Population = 8(Situation no change)

P4 IST is performing where it should be. Infantry rape.

Hetzer is a decent Medium tank but it is nowhere near one of the best. The M10 still holds claim to that title.

Thompson price is fine. We're not going to crash balance here and bottom out Elite infantry prices. On that note we're not going to assume the vCoH changes will require massive price tweaks. Subtlety is the key and prices are in place to be changed if and when the time comes.

Did you hear the pop yet?
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2011, 09:22:25 pm »

damn cloud you raging.

1. Ranger SMG >> 2 MP40 volk squads unless you charge them while they are in green cover and you sit there in no cover wondering why you don't win

2. ok

3. It used to have guaranteed penetration of hetzer, now it has same pen as it has vs stug.

4. Commando Sniper mainly just OP vs PE but thats mainly becuase PE dont have the countersnipe option, they have to do a schrimwagen/scout car rush, that doesnt mean I want a PE sniper though

5. brn4meplz said

6. P4 IST SE just fine....

7. If we haven't even used the units yet, how are they supposed to balance it correctly? T17 cost less but thats mainly it.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
cloud234 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2011, 10:00:48 pm »

That pop you hear before logic fills your ears is the sound of you pulling your head from your ass.

How many crewmen are on a Flak? The answer is 3. 5 for the gun and 1 for the crew. Population = 8(Situation no change)

Learn English. Crew refers to the entire group of 3 persons. If you refer to crewmen being 1 pop each, then state CREWMEN. Take you own advice.

P4 IST is performing where it should be. Infantry rape.

No. You don't play enough games to know how OP it is.

Hetzer is a decent Medium tank but it is nowhere near one of the best. The M10 still holds claim to that title.

Likewise, no. You don't even play this game enough to know how good it is. It is one of the best in terms of pop & cost effectiveness, combined with elements of the TH doctrine.

M10, even with HVAP doctrine does not come close.

Thompson price is fine. We're not going to crash balance here and bottom out Elite infantry prices. On that note we're not going to assume the vCoH changes will require massive price tweaks. Subtlety is the key and prices are in place to be changed if and when the time comes.

Did you hear the pop yet?

Its not crash balancing. Its simply statistics and the effectiveness of the thompson SMG against all other units.

I fully agree vcoh changes do not require massive price tweaks, since when did I ever said that? They WOULD require tweaks eventually, depending on whether you realise it or not.

Subtlety is one thing that EiRR never has. Balancing has always been done with a sledgehammer or under-done. Some units like Puma and puma-upgun has rarely ever seen the light of the day and if it does, it just doesn't help but feel that its unviable.

And yeah, I did hear the pop... the pop of your stupidity crashing down on me Roll Eyes

1. Ranger SMG >> 2 MP40 volk squads unless you charge them while they are in green cover and you sit there in no cover wondering why you don't win

1 Ranger SMG charges 1 Mp40 volk in heavy cover, ranger SMG completely wiped out with zero casualties on volk mp40. Granted ur charging heavy cover, but it shouldn't have 0 casualties and be completedly wiped out. Mp40 volk was down to 50% hp.

And Ranger SMG is lousier than 2 mp40 volks btw. You just need 2 Mp40 volks to sit at mid range and they'll out DPS rangers cause med range DPS of 10 Mp40s > 4 Thompsons.... massively.

3. It used to have guaranteed penetration of hetzer, now it has same pen as it has vs stug.

Stug is nowhere as good as a hetzer.

4. Commando Sniper mainly just OP vs PE but thats mainly becuase PE dont have the countersnipe option, they have to do a schrimwagen/scout car rush, that doesnt mean I want a PE sniper though

Thats where you're wrong. Snipers are almost useless against PE players nowadays because very few of them are running an infantry heavy build because BARs which are unsurprisingly common, rape the shit out of PE inf as a result of the inf armour change.

They are mostly running mechanised builds, jsut inf HTs, mortar HTs and mostly vehicles.

Command Sniper beats the entire wehr hands down.

7. If we haven't even used the units yet, how are they supposed to balance it correctly? T17 cost less but thats mainly it.

You don't always need to use units to know the implications of stat changes. Small tweaks can always occur first for obvious stuff. A "difficult" one would be ATGs as nerfing accuracy vs ATGs are both a nerf and a buff. Its a nerf because u can't kill ATGs but its a buff because ATGs now can't kill your ATGs when decrewed etc. However EiRR has already implement changes in this respect so it isn't very clear how much of a "change" there is to existing modifiers.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2011, 10:15:29 pm »

If PE are running with mainly vehicles, snipe few dudes he has on the field will be incredibly easy, you know you can snipe guys in HT's right?

Then he wont be able to cap till he gets another squad on.
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2011, 10:16:13 pm »

I don't think you can snipe dudes in HTs in EiR, pretty sure we removed that.

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2011, 10:17:43 pm »

PE have THE BEST sniper counter AC + scout car, or two scout cars, or ketten and AC. And to someone who says "AC + SC = 9 pop" us and wm best counter to a sniper is usually 3 jeeps or bikes which is... 9 pop!

although i totally disregarded amount of FU you'd use, but either way, after it kills the sniper its still quite useful.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 10:24:25 pm by RikiRude » Logged

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2011, 10:19:21 pm »

"AC + SC = 9 pop"

Sniper is 7 pop, 2 more pop isn't that big a deal

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2011, 10:19:43 pm »

cloud, after insulting the entire EIR dev team I think it would be wise for you to be quiet for a while.

Be happy we even take the time to post every single change we make.
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2011, 10:29:38 pm »

Leo while I don't think cloud should be allowed to go around calling the Dev teams idiots, you should equally not take your dev team status as the right to go around ruling EiR. The Dev team works for the community (albeit voluntarily and we should appreciate them for that), posting every single change and explaining it when challenged is a granted, not an extra. If you're not here to make a great game for the community what are you here for? Pleasing yourselves?
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #97 on: June 13, 2011, 10:44:19 pm »

cloud just how far up your own ass is your head?
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2011, 11:33:30 pm »

Pretty far from the raging I'm seeing, sheesh.

SMG is a fine weapon, and I argue that SMG rangers > Sten Commandoes any day.  Losing to MP40s, really?  I don't see that happening, maybe if there was 2-3 squads and the rangers went in alone, then yeah they'll take some losses.  Elite armor better than tommy armor anyday against small arms, with weapon bonuses from Fire-up on top of that.

I do have to lean that the hezter is a good tank, not the greatest but for its price and pop, its an all-arouind steal and a shame more players don't use them, gives tanks and anything other than RR infantry a run for their money!

Love the 88 flak fix, would explain a lot why I couldn't bring out my stuff knowing the pop issue is finally fixed, and the lieg hitbox change will be interesting.. so is it like an MG where shots will target the crew mainly?

On the PE sniper.. don't know how that got brought up.. but isn't that OP to give PE, with opened topped vehicles.. a sniper?

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2011, 02:33:10 am »

but isn't that OP to give PE, with opened topped vehicles.. a sniper?

and brits dont have bren carrier?

AC+SC wont do shit to commando sniper,if commando player has him supported...
but against normal sniper,2 SC are just fine.

Last time I saw hetzer in game,Leo was using him,and was amazed how shitty it is,lol
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc