Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 11, 2024, 10:32:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Universal Human Rights  (Read 12357 times)
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« on: July 14, 2011, 01:41:05 pm »

Who would like to write me an essay on the following?:

“Critically assess the extent to which human rights can be regarded as universal.”
*consider why the UDHR was created – why did the world identify the need for universal human rights?
*how does the protection of right vary throughout the world?  Why do you think it varies?

referring to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Special prize for whoever does it Wink

P.S I need it done by 4 hours :/

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 01:41:40 pm »

Human rights:
I haz some

Deadbolt haz none

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 01:43:33 pm »

Universal Human Rights

By Mister Schmidt

Y I HAZ NO HUMAN RIGHTS?

5 years later...

I NOW DECLARE THE UNIVERSAL HUMAN RIGHTS, OFFICIAL.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 01:48:15 pm »

Ohh man, you got yourself a fun topic there.

Of your main points.
Rights are not universal, nor are they necessarily right. The declaration CANNOT be enforced by an international body. Certainly not by one whose muscle is based on the donation of member states.

You could always talk about that fact that it's violated everyday in small ways. Or the fat that the UN always drops the ball every few years in big ways. Cambodia, Libya, Iraq, Rwanda, Balkans, Darfur. Seriously the list is huge. The fact is it's simply fluff. It serves no purpose and local legal traditions/laws take precedence over anything it contains. Even if the UN could enforce it with an iron fist, it's still just fluff and wouldn't matter.

Like alot of things in human history, it's a noble endeavor but not very practical.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 02:12:13 pm »

Like alot of things in human history, it's a noble endeavor but not very practical.

Always easy to say when your living in Canada's repressive regime

lets face it people who were under regimes felt that the Decleration was necessary, they were most likely right

But then again you could listen to brn with his free health care, social assistance, a mostly good police force, no conscription etc.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 02:52:22 pm »

Seriously Schmidt, consider doing your homework on time in the future.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 03:04:11 pm »

There are no universal rights. I would say this. The world owesn you nothing, your privaleges are defended by your own hand, our your nation.

Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 03:09:28 pm »

I held a presentation on Torture some weeks ago, you should consider this one of the reasons to implement Human Rights, but yeah, they are not universal if nobody really gives a fuck, just check China or the Rumsfeld Memo in the US that allows the president to order his men to torture anyone.

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 03:12:11 pm »

your privaleges are defended by your own hand, our your nation.

This is how people let shit like Bosnia happen. You can't give a fuck when its happening accross the sea, sooner or later your government may decide that hey, you won't care when its your neighbour, or they may not care when you dissappear.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 03:14:31 pm »

Seriously Schmidt, consider doing your homework on time in the future.

Go away if you have nothing worthwhile to say please.
Thank you.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 03:23:13 pm »

How do you guys feel about the idea that EVERYONE should still be privy to every right, even those who have forsaken their right?

E.G. A prisoner in the UK is currently denied the right to vote, despite it being a right in the Human Rights Act.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 03:27:31 pm »

This is how people let shit like Bosnia happen. You can't give a fuck when its happening accross the sea, sooner or later your government may decide that hey, you won't care when its your neighbour, or they may not care when you dissappear.

Then fly over, buy a gun, and defend sone people. Complaining that your elected officials aren't doing something is stupid. Freed ok m and peace sadly come at ther end of a gun.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 03:33:18 pm »

Complaining that your elected officials aren't doing something is stupid.

My elected officials did do something.

And they also tried to do something during Rwanda but were blocked.
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 03:33:52 pm »

Fuck human rights, free slaves of the sexual variety to all!!!!! Really, some people just need to be included in genocide. For instance people who drive slow in the fast lane, or drive 20 mph slower because of some rain. They just need to die, along with stupid people in general. After this the world would be a much better place, the end. Clap clap hurray and say hello to your new "A" paper if not then your professor should die too.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 03:34:43 pm »

Really, some people just need to be included in genocide. For instance people who drive slow in the fast lane, or drive 20 mph slower because of some rain.

Thats not genocide, thats Darwinism

Lets be honest, the people who bicker and doubt Human Rights, would be the first ones to be made man bitch or outright killed without it
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 03:43:06 pm »

Thats not genocide, thats Darwinism

Lets be honest, the people who bicker and doubt Human Rights, would be the first ones to be made man bitch or outright killed without it

Only when I'm dead. That is why I'm armed.

Many people love the idea of human rights, vet few are willing to put themselves on the firing line. Even more will complain and groan about bringing troops home even though we are all volunteers.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 03:43:45 pm »

btw thanks Brn, was very helpful Smiley
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 03:45:27 pm »

Even more will complain and groan about bringing troops home even though we are all volunteers.

Im not one of those people.

My main point is, most of the people who bicker about human rights and freedom have little to know real idea about what it means to have neither. And whats seen on tv doesn't count
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 03:53:35 pm »

I agree on that.

As for prisoners, I think depending on the level of the crime you wave certain rights. I know a few correctional officers, prisoners live better than our poor in some cases. Its fucked up.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 04:12:08 pm »

I agree on that.

As for prisoners, I think depending on the level of the crime you wave certain rights. I know a few correctional officers, prisoners live better than our poor in some cases. Its fucked up.

It reminds me of the old pink panther cartoon, where he sees a prisoner eating a nice turkey dinner during winter, so as he is broke and hungry he tries to get himself arrested
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc