Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 04:24:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reroll is meaningless  (Read 2832 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« on: July 24, 2011, 08:30:34 pm »

Unless it's changed to actually target at least vet 1 or above units, this reroll chance is just dumber than paris hilton with a coked-up nose pointing at the toilet water. Example, a recent game. I play with a level 5 profile named hook who's mortaring me (teammate) and brings 1 shrek for AT in his start. I then end up having to sit through 10 minutes of sheer dumbness with Tym and Riki not pulling off after their teammate drops and instead doing everything they can to kill off my vet, success vs a vet 3 gren and a vet 2 pIV.

Was I qualifying for a reward in terms of reroll? Would it have been appropriate in this situation if I got either of them back? Definitely. But the system is just some random smut poker game where you can either get refunded a full frontal nudity or a pale bellybutton.

On the flip side the mechanics for it being enabled are set in stone and predictable. Lowbie account joins and plays.

I think reroll should be made more intelligent.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 08:33:54 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 08:38:19 pm »

i wasnt after vet tbh, but when i have 3 atgs, its probably better to bring infantry than more tanks.

but reroll is totally retarded i agree. even when you have 20% it means nothing. high ranking players should get up to 50% reroll, or something else should be put in its place. like give you xp you can spend on units?? or something like that. i dont know, all i know is when i see extra PP, im like, oh cool! when i see reroll i just laugh.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 09:55:30 pm »

Nien.

Reroll is just a extra bonus, its not supposed to be a good chance.

And if high ranking players got 50% reroll, we would have even more vet 3 army problems.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 10:00:48 pm »

Re-rolls were just a ... well odd thing I added for Commander Advantages.

The system is outdated (all of the Commander/rank bias advantages) will need looked at / system removed.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 12:03:19 am »

Perhaps unit choice? Instead of % chance, % of units lost. You get a 20%, you lose 10 vet units, choose to get 2 back?
BigDick
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 03:55:42 am »

I then end up having to sit through 10 minutes of sheer dumbness with Tym and Riki not pulling off after their teammate drops and instead doing everything they can to kill off my vet, success vs a vet 3 gren and a vet 2 pIV.

yeah i really can imagine that, when he loose a vet1 unit he cries but he is going after vet merciless himself
you should hunt his vet too his comments ingame will be very entertaining Cheesy

but i don't agree with reroll being useless...i got several units rerolled its random but yeah maybe it should only kicks in for units of vet1 or vet2 and above to increase the chance to get something useful back
marda145 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 04:31:33 am »

And I want, that my veteran tank crews will be able to abandon their vehicle and run away from battlefield and keep their vet...
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 06:59:46 am »

smokaz is funny cuz he mercilessly vet hunts and when he gets vet hunted he comes on the forum and whines about re-roll lmao

you should've never brought on that vet 2 p4 that was stupid of you and you stood that vet 3 gren perfectly still. if it was a 25, it makes sense because of larger spread but a priest is going to rape anything standing still.

also i refused to pull off cuz i was flippin bored after devil dropped early and that was going to be the only game i get that day. We weren't the ones who rushed after riki's pershing with a ton of tanks and blocked him with stuff, so give me a break smokaz, bias much?

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 09:48:37 am »

Bullshit, Reroll has saved loads of my shit but tbh i think the Reroll is bugged on vet3 m10s, i kept getting them by accident and then when i lost them they just would not stop living even tough i ran them into enemy tigers by blobs.

I made a thread about it and was looking for it but could not find it, must have been last doctrine setup i guess.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 10:07:07 am by TheIcelandicDictator » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 01:18:50 pm »

i dont think ive ever gotten a vetted unit back, at least not that i can remember. maybe an officer some time ago. i like the idea of picking out which unit you get back though.

what would be cool is if you could buy XP for your units. via Commander advantages, if you play with low level players you get back 20% of the xp you lost, or you get more xp for your units.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc