Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 08, 2024, 12:47:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sick of the state of EIR  (Read 48747 times)
BigDick
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2011, 03:12:22 pm »

and tym and some other guys in that thread are hardly people who play with low rank companies currently

to wipe would take away their rank advantage and would make the assrape butthurt even more painful to them
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2011, 03:22:32 pm »

+1

It's not the level 9 company that is the problem, its the free level 5 oversupplied companies.
The power of a fully leveled company is also a huge problem.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2011, 03:23:33 pm »

Not really, its pretty easy to beat someone within 5 levels of you with good play.

MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2011, 03:27:33 pm »

it might be easy...if your fighting some idiot, its really not that easy ampm.  The buffs are too great on certain things.  That said there are ways to win as a level 5 and noone should e complaining about it.

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2011, 03:37:29 pm »

Not really, its pretty easy to beat someone within 5 levels of you with good play.
Yes but against a similar skilled opponent you will lose every time…

BigDick
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2011, 03:50:21 pm »

that the sense of persistence to make your company stonger

a wipe would just stack the better experienced hardcore players with faster leveling progress while casual gamer need again 2 month or more to get his rank9
meanwhile even the max. 1 game per week players should have been able to afford a rank9 t4 company
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2011, 03:59:33 pm »

that the sense of persistence to make your company stonger

a wipe would just stack the better experienced hardcore players with faster leveling progress while casual gamer need again 2 month or more to get his rank9
meanwhile even the max. 1 game per week players should have been able to afford a rank9 t4 company
However there will be a limit, and the now 'power gamers' will be pushing the FACTIONS leveling progress rather than their own (as they will reach the PP limit per turn quite rapidly) - thus making the gap ONLY between factions not players.

There will be issues with this of course, having an entire faction at rank 7 vs rank 9 would be catastrophic - so there needs to be some sort of MIN/MAX push that the factions can reach.

My hopes (which get dashed daily lmao) is that this will remove A. the grind, but retain a sense of progression while B. Remove (mostly) the rank differential.

Does that make sense?  Any thoughts?

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2011, 04:06:35 pm »

Yes but against a similar skilled opponent you will lose every time…

Not really, with a skilled opponent behind a fresh lvl 5 company will beat a skilled in a lvl 9 coy because of the amount of oversupply he can do without having to care about keeping the company

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2011, 04:07:25 pm »

However there will be a limit, and the now 'power gamers' will be pushing the FACTIONS leveling progress rather than their own (as they will reach the PP limit per turn quite rapidly) - thus making the gap ONLY between factions not players.

There will be issues with this of course, having an entire faction at rank 7 vs rank 9 would be catastrophic - so there needs to be some sort of MIN/MAX push that the factions can reach.

My hopes (which get dashed daily lmao) is that this will remove A. the grind, but retain a sense of progression while B. Remove (mostly) the rank differential.

Yes, what if the majority of the players pick a faction over all the others, and the other is neglected.

Will the underpop faction gain some sort of EXP bonus?

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2011, 04:19:17 pm »

Yes, what if the majority of the players pick a faction over all the others, and the other is neglected.

Will the underpop faction gain some sort of EXP bonus?
Thats what Im thinking, as most players play US / WM over CW and PE - that the 'push' factor will be easier for the lower factions.

Im also going to be coding in higher 'warcard rewards' for the lower pop factions aswell - to account for less people on that team etc.

All these little things will need to be monitored over the warmap beta, and Im hoping for a lot of feedback from the testers - positive and negative - all of which I'll take into account =)
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2011, 04:19:41 pm »

There is only one way to do progression without a huge difference in power levels and that is to make all buff cost resources. Progression then gives you more/different ways of spending you resources instead of simply making the higher level companies more power full.

Examples of this are things like Sideskirts, Upgunned, Top Gunner, Grenades, Infantry weapons, Smoke….
BigDick
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2011, 04:23:05 pm »

yeah my post was more directed to a wipe before such "grindless" system is introduced with the warmap

but according the idea it makes sense the only 2 things i see problems with is

a) people might just stay away from battle at beginning of a "war" to let others "work" for company development progress to appear when all the cool unlocks and abilities are available

b) the general idea to limit participation to one faction (like it was said at some other point) that will lead to most players wanting to play the cool side (axis) and general progress will be slow because they are not allowed to switch to boring allies after being sick of waiting

and actually even about knowing that it will be much more players on cool axis side, i will probably join the "war" as PE because i like playing with their vehicles
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2011, 04:34:29 pm »

yeah my post was more directed to a wipe before such "grindless" system is introduced with the warmap
Soon(TM) - but Im actually serious Wink

a) people might just stay away from battle at beginning of a "war" to let others "work" for company development progress to appear when all the cool unlocks and abilities are available
The factions level by themselves at a default rate anyway, so purely for example sake, the max PP might increase by 10PP (base) per turn.

If a faction 'pushes' for that turn, they might gain an extra 1, 2 or so PP.  In the large scheme of things, thats not much - but it would add up to gaining T4s a few turns earlier for example.

b) the general idea to limit participation to one faction (like it was said at some other point) that will lead to most players wanting to play the cool side (axis) and general progress will be slow because they are not allowed to switch to boring allies after being sick of waiting
and actually even about knowing that it will be much more players on cool axis side, i will probably join the "war" as PE because i like playing with their vehicles
There are mechanics in place that will allow people to 'swap' - but it will be punished so to speak by them losing Warmap XP in their opposing factions rank.
If you felt like playing a game or two on the opposing side without lowering your current faction (ie to fill a spot) - then you can still use the 'Spying' abilities for your normal faction without losing Warmap XP Wink
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2011, 04:36:17 pm »

Limiting people to play one side unless you accumulate a penalty will open a can of worms which seems to have stabilized by quite a bit. I am of course talking about the fact that this mod has always had a playerbase dominated by players who want to play axis. Sorry If I read wrong!

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2011, 04:40:06 pm »

Only allowing 1 side is kind of silly, IMO. Like smokaz said, there's ALWAYS those only-play-axis fanbois, and well fuck, I want to play PE, but I'd rather get a game, so how about going allies.....owait.

TBH the playerbase is nowhere near large enough for faction restrictions, especially at the bad TZ's.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2011, 04:50:56 pm »

Limiting people to play one side unless you accumulate a penalty will open a can of worms which seems to have stabilized by quite a bit. I am of course talking about the fact that this mod has always had a playerbase dominated by players who want to play axis. Sorry If I read wrong!
Uhm, where have I stated a player can only play one side/faction?

You can play all factions on that one account.

For example:
I choose WM and PE as my two 'main' accounts, both accumulate warxp and warrank as I play games, and the companies themselves gain warcards per game.

If I choose to scout a sector that Im thinking of deploying to - its scouted for BOTH WM and PE accounts, regardless of which one I used.

I then feel like playing a US company - Im sick of playing Axis and want to swap.
As soon as I do any action that is NOT a spying type action (Resupplying a warmap unit, using a US warcard etc) then I start reducing the xp of the WM/PE accounts while raising my US account (and note, the WM + PE accounts are now spy accounts).

In this way, it will prevent people from 'swapping' sides so that they can see what the other factions are doing for that turn etc.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2011, 04:52:18 pm »

Some people have gotten bored of winning, some people have gotten bored of Gimmics and smurfs, i have gotten bored of losing and not picking my games better and just randomly joining games like who gives a fuck.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2011, 04:53:19 pm »

Uhm, where have I stated a player can only play one side/faction?

You can play all factions on that one account.

For example:
I choose WM and PE as my two 'main' accounts, both accumulate warxp and warrank as I play games, and the companies themselves gain warcards per game.

If I choose to scout a sector that Im thinking of deploying to - its scouted for BOTH WM and PE accounts, regardless of which one I used.

I then feel like playing a US company - Im sick of playing Axis and want to swap.
As soon as I do any action that is NOT a spying type action (Resupplying a warmap unit, using a US warcard etc) then I start reducing the xp of the WM/PE accounts while raising my US account (and note, the WM + PE accounts are now spy accounts).

In this way, it will prevent people from 'swapping' sides so that they can see what the other factions are doing for that turn etc.

"Limiting people to play one side unless you accumulate a penalty"

thats the problem. What you are describing sounds like a penalty to me, comparable to the same as losing pps/level/xp/doctrine unlocks currently

and that mr eirrmod, will be unpopular.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2011, 04:57:35 pm »

Only allowing 1 side is kind of silly, IMO. Like smokaz said, there's ALWAYS those only-play-axis fanbois, and well fuck, I want to play PE, but I'd rather get a game, so how about going allies.....owait.

TBH the playerbase is nowhere near large enough for faction restrictions, especially at the bad TZ's.
I have never stated people will be limited to one faction / side.

Read my previous post.

And if you believe I *HAVE* ever said Id restrict by side, please quote Wink
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2011, 05:00:39 pm »

"Limiting people to play one side unless you accumulate a penalty"

thats the problem. What you are describing sounds like a penalty to me, comparable to the same as losing pps/level/xp/doctrine unlocks currently

and that mr eirrmod, will be unpopular.
You arent reading what I said correctly.  That penalty will ONLY occur if you decide to SWAP sides, not play the other side.  As in, you now want to participate for the opposing faction.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc