Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 08, 2024, 12:46:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sick of the state of EIR  (Read 48745 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 10:40:34 pm »

I was feeling whiney last night...personally i think im just sick of playing the same ol crap. I have hmm, 8 level 9 doctrines? sometimes i just want to put one together go n have fun with something stupid but it's hard when you play against well, panda's, and smokaz and such.

You think you're playing a fun game against a newer player, so you pick an account you need practice in and you get your mind ready to help teach someone and mold them and boom here comes piat spam, it's frustrating. I either go into each game looking to throttle my opposition, which is against my character, or i play for fun, which atm is hard to do.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 11:09:15 pm »

1. make spam company to counter the spam company
2. best spam wins
3. profit

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2011, 11:18:38 pm »

I was feeling whiney last night...personally i think im just sick of playing the same ol crap. I have hmm, 8 level 9 doctrines? sometimes i just want to put one together go n have fun with something stupid but it's hard when you play against well, panda's, and smokaz and such.

You think you're playing a fun game against a newer player, so you pick an account you need practice in and you get your mind ready to help teach someone and mold them and boom here comes piat spam, it's frustrating. I either go into each game looking to throttle my opposition, which is against my character, or i play for fun, which atm is hard to do.

Is your way of fun really to play with newer players? from your description it really seems like your idea of a good game is when you stomp/help newer players.

Both of these seem counter-productive if you want to archive fun, you'll probably just archive frustration or boredom. Maybe if there are no other games up and I really wanna play EIR I would find this attractive but other than that I think you'll find that you have more fun when you play with a good team against good opponents and your teammates all have vent.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2011, 11:27:16 pm »

Tym, find an SP game to play and just troll the launcher like usual. Wait for a balanced game to come up (one that you want to play and can't determine the winner off the bat) and join that.

I worked my way through Dungeon Siege 3 and Diablo 1 this month whilst looking for EIRR games, and I haven't played a game of EIRR that I haven't enjoyed Smiley.
Jstek Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2011, 11:42:49 pm »

Be like me.. Just stop playing and you can't be disappointed.
Well at least till the war-map comes out or something else interesting comes out.
But yeah, the constant stacks is a pain in the ass.   Add on the broken balance and crap.. yeah.. like the bonus units... Like why axis get several bonus units that are 'Super Tanks' while the allies get well crap.  Frustrating...

So i stay away.. and with several new big game releases coming up i think ill be occupied.  I do hope it all gets sorted out..  Like an auto-match.... (hope war-map has one)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2011, 12:06:33 am »

the reason we see spam more and more is everyone is bored. get the rest of the doctrines in, get some other things going, and you wont see spam, after the wipe and war map are in you wont really see any kind of spam for some time i think. eirr has its ups and downs. right now its in a down.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2011, 12:20:42 am »

Is your way of fun really to play with newer players? from your description it really seems like your idea of a good game is when you stomp/help newer players.

Both of these seem counter-productive if you want to archive fun, you'll probably just archive frustration or boredom. Maybe if there are no other games up and I really wanna play EIR I would find this attractive but other than that I think you'll find that you have more fun when you play with a good team against good opponents and your teammates all have vent.

it was an example. majority of the time, i try to look for a balanced game, those are more fun to me. When a game comes down to the last 5-10 minutes to determine the winner, or last few call ins, thats fun to me. Knowing you lost teh game before half your forces are out there, no fun. stomping the crap out of a new guy, no fun. I've left games where I knew i'd stop on some new guy but lately since i've been working and i can't get too picky i take what i can get and usually what i get is stomped.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2011, 01:43:14 am »

Infantry Doctrine is among the most powerful in the game. What are you talking about?

he is talking about he needs to l2p.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2011, 04:07:04 am »

damn there goes our minority.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2011, 04:21:04 am »

To be honest, tym is right, the forums and the EIR community has gotten worse and worse over the past month or 2.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2011, 05:57:47 am »

dont worry guys forum and shit will get better soon

trollololol  Cheesy
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2011, 07:51:43 am »

damn there goes our minority.

affirmative action fails again
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2011, 07:59:27 am »

dont worry guys forum and shit will get better soon

trollololol  Cheesy

You raise a valid point, the second soon actually comes, people will actually get excited again, playing games won't become stale, players will come back, no Oversupply which limits 10ab sniper companies etc.

Troll justified
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2011, 08:09:05 am »

I do actually look forward to being able to run a relatively balanced company without getting ass fucked by every gimmick runner out there tbh.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
BigDick
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2011, 12:34:40 pm »

oversupply should be removed asap imho but otherwise i would say people bitch without any reason just because they define "balanced games" where they win and need l2p or just suck in eir

it mostly feels better to win than not to win same as to get vet than to loose vet

but all belongs to the game so get over it
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2011, 12:41:15 pm »

oversupply should be removed asap imho but otherwise i would say people bitch without any reason just because they define "balanced games" where they win and need l2p or just suck in eir

it mostly feels better to win than not to win same as to get vet than to loose vet

but all belongs to the game so get over it

wow i actually agreed with something from BigDick

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2011, 02:54:57 pm »

We need a wipe imo
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2011, 02:55:46 pm »

Well do it then, no point in Chatting about it so just fucking do it now.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
BigDick
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2011, 03:02:17 pm »

We need a wipe imo

what would that change? other than starting balance process from ground zero because people need to lvl up again to see whats imbalanced (to weak or to strong)

if you want to achieve that no one as pp for oversupply/spam why not just remove oversupply
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2011, 03:09:04 pm »

+1

It's not the level 9 company that is the problem, its the free level 5 oversupplied companies.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc