Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 11:21:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eye of the tiger: Tank battle of Crossroads  (Read 9600 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« on: August 01, 2011, 10:04:07 pm »

Cheesy

EIRR is pretty boring these days with the extremely delayed development that no sum of community cash cowing seems to be able to speed up. We all know the feeling of going through a lot of annoying or predictable games where what is supposed to be fun and entertaining feels like a ripoff or a chore while waiting for these super improvements.

So Im glad to be able to present a pretty good 2v2 game on a old-school map, Crossroads. Take a deep sip of Groundfire's propaganda Kool-Aid and reach for that zen moment. Here's a game you can watch being played without stressing yourself and just taking in the all over the map action.

This game was a tactical product with slow periods, intense fights and lots of movement around the map. This game has some very diverse destruction! It has the elements of what a lot of players love and enjoy in EIRR:

Replay is action-packed for sure, starting in Esteemed R+ mode.  Both teams thought it was a good game. It has that classical unit composition to it, a lot of basic allied infantry and some elites facing the "experienced" and tougher german infantry force, with both sides being supported by armor units typical for their faction's playstyle.

About the match:

Doctrines: 2 x Blitz vs Armor/Commandos
- Axis has the infantry advantage and the heavy armor advantage.
- Allies have the information advantage, well, and probably the number advantage.
- Classic unit compositions

Very AT-centric. Both sides tried to eliminate the other side's AT or Tank units to exert infantry dominance. For axis their tanks had quite a challenge in front of them facing tank destroyers.  Early game has its surprises and blows, but the eveness quickly recovers. Some dismal tactical gliding by the british, maphack brit doctrine. Lots of hellcats. Few shreks and paks. Really serious-face tank combat.

A team is down to 19 pop before the game ends.

The players were: Wind, Pauli vs Smokaz and KrushKillNDestroy

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20625012/4p_crossroads.2011-08-02.05-34-43.rec
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20625013/EuropeInRuinsBattle.sga

Please post your comment about the game if you've watched it! I usually dont talk up games to this extent.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 10:16:38 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 10:19:11 pm »

Will the patch be on the 10th? or might it be earlier?? I'm gonna watch this

Reserved for commentz:

Great game, although krush didn't do much that was productive, and I feel bad for the axis players being outranged by hellcats all the time. Add triangulation to that (which is utter bs) and the hellcats know exactly where to go to avoid stumbling on the tigers or paks. Triangulation itself was enough to make krush a good teammate.

got boring from 25:00 to 28:00 just axis camping and allies backcapping, but was only 3 minutes out of the whole game that were boring

Great job with the hellcats, though they really need a nerf, they can do everything at the moment

Lots of good moments in this game, I recommend others to watch!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 10:15:08 am by Katusha » Logged
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 10:29:17 pm »

Was a fun game. The hellcats were a consistent obstacle to overcome and I wish I had invested in some mines. All in all I was surprised at how much the allies had left at the end.

-Wind

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 10:30:26 pm »

Sshh wind no spoilers
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 03:36:27 am »

Reserved for commentz

Dude that's ages :L

And hopefully.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 10:15:32 am »

added comments
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 10:21:15 am »

Morka yesterday raged ad Krush how useless his korean ass is,lol

so I have to download map also to watch it?
Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 10:24:28 am »

so I have to download map also to watch it?

well no offense to him, but his only use is for radio triangulation

and no.. crossroads is in EIR mappack
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 10:25:56 am »

Ban koreans from EIRR!

+10000
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 02:29:30 pm »

Nothing wrong with radio triangulation. Its good for the allied team when SLOWER moving units are trying to counter faster moving units. I honestly do not think we would have won without it because I CBA looking for the 'pak cover shield' at all times when I advance.

In fact I think radio triangulation is well balanced on its own, it gives you information but it also forces you to secure the means to get the info. The mando men dropping behind the lines and doing their radio thing is counterable while still having a good chance of success if unopposed or not reacted upon.

SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 03:54:50 pm »

LOL so did I the game before – and then he beat me…

He’s a good player but he fail at the team play.
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 04:02:29 pm »

Radio triangulation is fine and adds another layer of gameplay. We lost because of the Tigers inability in the current metagame. Tigers used to be able to take on both infantry and tanks. You can’t do that any more but you still pay for that (mostly in terms of pop).
If we have had 3 Panthers instead of Tigers we would have won the game. We could even have had 4 uses of Precision Strikes as icing on the cake. That’s 4 AT guns down…
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 04:42:00 pm »

Around 11th/12th NZ time, so yeah, 10th or 11th most places

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 05:09:52 pm »

so we had Tigers from 2 good players,who failed at almost everything,they managed to kill a bit of inf,but that's all they did  Roll Eyes ...so why use Tiger again? lol
you say,support it properly and he will do just fine,does that mean that Wind and Pauli dont know how to support their tigers?  Roll Eyes

yea,Krush was useless most of the time,and rly,dropping those gliders in death not once,lol

Hellcats are just rape,I mean,it's just 'lol' how Tiger cant do jack shit against it.
did they have HVAP or were they just normal ones?
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 05:23:10 pm »

So many doctrine choices. But sadly so few viable options…
I sold the Tiger Unlock + Recon Run Unlock and got Assault Nades and Precision Strike instead.

That allows me to change:
2x Recon Run
1 x Tiger
3 x Dual Shreck Storms
11 x Grens With Medkit and Grenades

Into this:
2 x Precision Strike
1 x Panther
1 x Puma
2 x Dual Shreck Storms
11 x Grens With Medkit and Assault Grenades...
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 05:29:48 pm »

and I can already tell you,that will do much more dmg to enemy.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 05:29:58 pm »

so we had Tigers from 2 good players,who failed at almost everything,they managed to kill a bit of inf,but that's all they did  Roll Eyes ...so why use Tiger again? lol
you say,support it properly and he will do just fine,does that mean that Wind and Pauli dont know how to support their tigers?  Roll Eyes

yea,Krush was useless most of the time,and rly,dropping those gliders in death not once,lol

Hellcats are just rape,I mean,it's just 'lol' how Tiger cant do jack shit against it.
did they have HVAP or were they just normal ones?

HVAP. And what "old tigers" would beat them? The problem isnt the tiger dealing too little damage to hellcats, but it can't really fight em without paks because of range disparity. 1on1 hvap hellcats just deal more damage than the tiger can take.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 05:43:59 pm »

but it can't really fight em without paks because of range disparity

so what went wrong then,why they simply didnt have pak behind tiger and counter them?
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 05:44:36 pm »

The problem isnt the tiger dealing too little damage to hellcats, but it can't really fight em without paks because of range disparity.
That’s why I have been calling for 45 range for both Tiger and Pershing. They simply cannot keep up to the new threats…

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 05:45:28 pm »

so what went wrong then,why they simply didnt have pak behind tiger and counter them?

Avoided paks with ease! Thx, radio triangulation.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc