Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 04:22:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Allies  (Read 13624 times)
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2011, 12:58:54 pm »

world with no Jews and gypsy's,and you say they were bad guys? lol
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2011, 01:00:00 pm »

No racism please.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
BigDick
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2011, 01:22:14 pm »

Yes because the wehrmacht circa 1939-1945 was indeed the good guys fighting oppression and evil the world over!!!

exactly!

if you ignore political stuff the wehrmacht were the good guys and quitter like the french army or cowards like the british running in dunkirchen or slacker like us army the bad guys
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2011, 01:24:50 pm »

The political stuff is what defines whether you're "the good guys".

What you're describing is military skill - something completely unrelated to being either the good guys or the bad guys.

DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2011, 01:33:54 pm »

Well, they sorta thought they were "the good guys" didn't they?

And not all soldiers in the germany army were the evil nazi killers all the fps games put them to be.

Actually is there a single fps game that plays from the german side of WW2?

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2011, 01:44:21 pm »

And not all soldiers in the germany army were the evil nazi killers all the fps games put them to be.

Monte Cassino is a fine example of noble actions taken by Wehrmacht soldiers. War is a terrible and harsh thing, you will find examples of selfless heroism and criminal actions on all sides.

Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2011, 01:44:38 pm »

No, because guess where most FPS games are made? The USA. What American would like to kill their countrymen in a video game? Even I might be slightly adverse to playing a game like that...

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2011, 01:46:49 pm »

No, because guess where most FPS games are made? The USA. What American would like to kill their countrymen in a video game? Even I might be slightly adverse to playing a game like that...
Lol. Why do we have GTA4 then were we kill our own policemen then?

I know WW2 is still a touchy subject, but you cant just keep going "USA! USA! USA! USA!" and keep demonizing german soldiers.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2011, 01:50:38 pm »

Lol. Why do we have GTA4 then were we kill our own policemen then?

I know WW2 is still a touchy subject, but you cant just keep going "USA! USA! USA! USA!" and keep demonizing german soldiers.

Killing policemen in GTA4 (in a time when the "gangster" lifestyle is glorified in the mass media) is a world away from killing American soldiers (who were and still are seen as "the good guys" in America) as a Nazi.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2011, 01:53:20 pm »

Can kill US soldiers in Prototype.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2011, 02:01:41 pm »

Can kill US soldiers in Prototype.

Well it also all depends on how the subject matter in question is depicted. In Prototype, the flashbacks and whatnot reveal this government conspiracy where they subjected innocent civilians to biological experiments, and then nuked them. This helps promote the everpresent feeling in the game that the military is not there to do good. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy killing virtual Americans as much as the next guy, but sometimes the subject matter can be touchy.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2011, 02:21:50 pm »

I'm not saying there weren't decent german soldiers and whatnot - and that they all believed in what they fought for. But going out on a tangent and saying the wehrmacht as a whole were in fact the good guys, fighting for a noble cause is flat out moronic.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2011, 02:28:02 pm »

Yeah sticking a label of "Good Guys" or "Bad Guys" to any group larger then the individual is heavily subject to personal interpretation of the morality of the group, and further subject to the immorality of persons or segments within the group.(Western nations consider cops the good guys but corrupt and immoral police officers exist)

I wouldn't paint the Axis in world war 2 as the "Bad Guys" simply because what a nation wants and what it's Soldiers are forced into heavily differ, especially after 5 straight years of fighting. Especially back then.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2011, 03:51:52 pm »

I wouldn't paint the Axis in world war 2 as the "Bad Guys" simply because what a nation wants and what it's Soldiers are forced into heavily differ, especially after 5 straight years of fighting. Especially back then.

But then again brn, you can stick the label to the larger group. Remember alot of them knew what was going on in the camps, alot of them supported it. When it came time to pay the piper everyone denied knowing, everyone denied supporting, those involved were forced or just obeying orders. What Brn is talking about is the same bleeding heart bullshit that got nazi officers off scot free after mudering 24 POWs.

And to quote a certain pair of commedians, you dont get up in the morning put on your grey/black uniform adorn your self with skulls and go, ho hum im a good guy. Unless you want to talk about morals being subjective which is just another copout for being an amoral asshole.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2011, 04:20:50 pm »

Allies are powerful and a lot of fun to play as  Grin

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2011, 04:59:50 pm »

I'm not saying there weren't decent german soldiers and whatnot - and that they all believed in what they fought for. But going out on a tangent and saying the wehrmacht as a whole were in fact the good guys, fighting for a noble cause is flat out moronic.

Good and Evil are entirely subjective.
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2011, 05:09:50 pm »

Can Sith Lords use Jedi mind tricks on Jedi?
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2011, 05:16:24 pm »

Can Sith Lords use Jedi mind tricks on Jedi?

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2011, 05:16:49 pm »

This thread = paris hilton

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
BigDick
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2011, 05:29:24 pm »

And to quote a certain pair of commedians, you dont get up in the morning put on your grey/black uniform adorn your self with skulls and go, ho hum im a good guy. Unless you want to talk about morals being subjective which is just another copout for being an amoral asshole.

you talk about the SS you noob not about the german army called wehrmacht
a small group of fanatics that were in nowhere related to the usual soldier in the wehrmacht
i could similar say the us army is shit and sucks and are only bad guys because very vew of them did some war crime in nowadays invaded countries....but that would be just stupid to say so

a normal soldier does his job and what he has to do determines others in the command chain especially in something like WW2
and if you believe that the normal soldier was ordered to kill some jews in camps or somewhere else just because they are jews then you are just stupid and have very limited history knowledge
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 05:31:14 pm by BigDick » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc