Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 06:33:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on eirr  (Read 3716 times)
Batgirl Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: August 05, 2011, 06:52:38 am »

would like to see some small changes to eirr to make the actual playing even more fun

1. Reroll chance for "crap" units and lowering of vet requirements
 for example: bikes/jeeps/minesweepers/pios etc. 50% chance to get them back with their vet if they die and marked lowering of vet requirements.
   Light vehicles and other stuff that is rather crap maybe 33% reroll chance and so on. Heavier units are fine imo. OR give units reroll status according to their vet - as in vet 1 small chance, vet 2 more, vet 3 still more.

All in all getting vet is what makes the game fun and its impossible to get even vet 1 for these crap units and then you dont want to preserve them when they dont even get vet 1, but if they achieved vet 1/2 easier it would be more fun to play with them and try to preserve them. As they still die to random things instantly, they should get a reroll chance.

2. All US forces need to be able to buy a pershing (1 is enuf). Make armor coy pershing somewhat different (like get 2 pershings) or give different bonuses to armor coy, isnt too hard to figure what people want (smash things with tanks!)

Lack of a tank that you get to try to preserve from 1 game to another makes usa boring to play in comparison to axis. While m10s are like gwagons/marders (fodder), also shermans die easily and are not as fun to micro around etc as a real biggie.

3. In general lower the amount of munitons people get for the army. Not every unit has to be buffed to the max. There is hardly any regular fighting left in eirr, just superunits and spam of superweapons and abilities. This is due to too many munitions.

4. Spam-modifier - buying any unit in excessive amounts to the army would turn the later units to cost more pop. Theres even an upkeep cost to hinder this in coh... While spam is kinda fun, its still pretty gay and stupid. Also this would make balanced companies more an option.

thoughts?

-mmm-

Edit: Cleaned up Title
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 07:43:17 am by tank130 » Logged
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 06:58:45 am »

2. All US forces need to be able to buy a pershing (1 is enuf).

lol no, it's like giving tiger to all wehr

Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 07:13:58 am »

Most of this stuff is already planned, albeit rather differently.

And to the Pershing idea, no. No no no.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 07:17:05 am »

Well the pershing thing isnt going to happen, but all 3 other points are slated for improvement.

- Reroll, Commander advantage system is going to get reworked. You might see some kind of mechanic again where non combat units gain exp by just participating in the battle, instead of by kills.

- The Pool systems are getting reworked with the warmap, so oversupply will be gone and the weapons cache pool will be implemented. The weapons cache pool will limit weapons upgrades without the need of retracting munitions from everyone's company.

The best that you might see for the Allies getting a Heavy tank other than the pershing are through reward units. I dont know how this is entirely going to work out but depending on what you do on the warmap, you might get a Captured Panther, or a Comet thrown your way to use.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 07:23:47 am »

I dont know about these suggestion, vet should be attainable, but it shouldalso reflect a sort of superior use of said units. Now ofc there will be times when these said "elie" units die due to spam or gimmicks, and that is regrettable, but it should also be the case that if a team does sacrifice a lot of units to kill one elite one, then that unit shouöd not easily come back as it were. And as far as giving pershings to allied id rather see more LV usage than MT and HT tbh

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 11:03:32 am »

I agree with Magpie that it would be interesting if there was a tank "heavier" than the sherman, perhaps something inbetween units like churchill, jumbo, acting as what he is asking for the pershing to do. Non-doctrinal.

"In general lower the amount of munitons people get for the army. Not every unit has to be buffed to the max. There is hardly any regular fighting left in eirr, just superunits and spam of superweapons and abilities. This is due to too many munitions. "

This is very true! But another problem arises when we lower munitions by say, 500. Support spam becomes very predominant. Since it's very easy to manage resource-wise.

Look forward to the next reset magpie. the "Cleaness" of the EIRR game is fucking fantastic during a period where most people are level 1 - 5.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 11:06:28 am »

3. In general lower the amount of munitons people get for the army. Not every unit has to be buffed to the max. There is hardly any regular fighting left in eirr, just superunits and spam of superweapons and abilities. This is due to too many munitions.

Actually thats not true, everyone has quite a few squads of unupgraded units (especiallty amis) but those units are just considered 'recrews' useless except to reman atgs, mgs and mortars.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Batgirl Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 12:52:28 pm »

heartmann

so how exactly do you use a pioneer superiorily in combat without losing it... all it takes is 1 tank shot after all to kill them and if u want to use the actual unit you will eventually wander into some danger. i was suggesting this reroll for "crap units". KT is something different, thats ok.

pershings

do you guys see how many axis players are around and how many us players.. it doesnt have to be a pershing, but some heavy sorta tank like panther for every coy to have and babysit. allies is boring to play. like smoke sais. if it costs enuf i cant see what the problem is for making people wanna play usa too.

spartan

did u have a point? yes those normal units are never used for fighting. so less munies and they also get to fight not jsut revrew units.

smoke

if every unit cost 100% for 1st unit, then 110%.. 125%  140%... etc. would make all companies more balanced. then might be actually we could see volks, grens and kch all in same coy. as that would be most cost efficient. slightyl less steeping up for riflemen and we have a nice solution for spam and balanced coys come to dominate.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 01:07:36 pm »

spartan

did u have a point? yes those normal units are never used for fighting. so less munies and they also get to fight not jsut revrew units.

damn do i have to spell it out for you.

lower munitions is only going to increase weapon/object recycling thus increasing the illusion that there are only upgraded units out there
Batgirl Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 03:06:23 pm »

ah i 0-0.  (see)

a valid point, but combined with higher cost for spam (100% 110% etc..) and less munies, there would also be less stuff to reman AND people would have to consider carefully on
should they buy a mortar or buffs for troops etc. while you would also have to buy other troops than rifles/volks (since they would get expensive the more you buy) remanning would also become less lucrative, faster (say capping mg with rangers when all rifles are gone). it would still be better than current system of all elite spam + the rest of crap / fodder.
BigDick
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 03:48:06 pm »

ah i 0-0.  (see)

a valid point, but combined with higher cost for spam (100% 110% etc..) and less munies, there would also be less stuff to reman AND people would have to consider carefully on
should they buy a mortar or buffs for troops etc. while you would also have to buy other troops than rifles/volks (since they would get expensive the more you buy) remanning would also become less lucrative, faster (say capping mg with rangers when all rifles are gone). it would still be better than current system of all elite spam + the rest of crap / fodder.

i made exactly the same suggestion 1-2years ago but since its not in yet it will be probably never be in  Cool
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 04:59:00 pm »

I agree that we should cut down on munitions heavy troops. I also agree that it will make support weapons more valuable. There is however a problem in raising the cost of support weapons when they are sadly only a click of the “I WIN” offmap button…
Lower the munitions and lets start relying on multiple flanking  instead…
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 10:20:38 pm »

- Reroll, Commander advantage system is going to get reworked. You might see some kind of mechanic again where non combat units gain exp by just participating in the battle, instead of by kills.
Im fairly certain they already do.  All units that participated gain 3xp.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 10:22:27 pm »

He meant a sharing Aura, not the stay alive and pray part

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2011, 10:59:29 pm »

He meant a sharing Aura, not the stay alive and pray part

You sure this is not in the munitions halftrack? I've seen it gain vet 1 ingame.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc