Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 11:42:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Are Allies "Boring" to Play?  (Read 8499 times)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 11:21:48 pm »

Ok.

Here goes.

Currently most EIRR Doctrines do not have a "weak spot", they may not do something quite as well as another company build, but you can cover all your bases good enough.

In old EIR, companies used to be determined BY their Doctrine. If I was HEAT, you know I am going to have bad ass tanks, with base infantry with no buffs, and base support units. This means that teamwork becomes so much more important, and that if you were fighting companies that were strong vs your build you really had to think. Sure, tank reapers vs my HEAT STuGs was rough, but it was so much more fun.

I love a challenging game, where I have to plan and counter the enemy strong points.

Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 01:13:52 am »

Make them cost munitions and/or be tied to a unit just like the captain. It could open up a potentially fun mode called "protect the commander" where you have to protect ur officer unit or you lose.

or open back up the in-game xp system and you earn xp towards using your off map by capping, killing and even dying :|

YOU'RE STEALING MY IDEA!!!!

But srsly; I have just as much fun on my armor doctrine as I do on any of my Axis doctrines (with the exception of my SE. THAT one is the most fun ever ever ever) because I make it work around my play style. namely, big fun tanks and the infantry to back them up/swarm the shit out of any weak spots. Plus, I challenge anyone to have more fun than I do fighting PE LVs with Boys AT rifles. I giggle like a little girl the entire time and the satisfaction of getting a sticky off on an axis tank is just trolltastic.   
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 01:26:08 am by Malgoroth » Logged
BigDick
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 01:26:38 am »

imho they are boring because their units do not benefit from micro and combined arms as axis units do

you can charge something in (rifles, m10s, m8s etc.) and kill something and keep repeating to win a game
even with throwing in some shit you can make up the costs most time
not that much need for battlefield awareness, combined arms and tactical decision
but i think you need to separate between brit and us
brits are a bit more interesting to play
i don't like spam but my allied companies feel much more spamy then axis ones somehow
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 01:43:02 am »

In old EIR, companies used to be determined BY their Doctrine. If I was HEAT, you know I am going to have bad ass tanks, with base infantry with no buffs, and base support units. This means that teamwork becomes so much more important, and that if you were fighting companies that were strong vs your build you really had to think. Sure, tank reapers vs my HEAT STuGs was rough, but it was so much more fun.

No AmPM this is wrong, this is retarded, this is imbalanced, units CANNOT have 2 buffs in a row. You want people to actualy have fun and have strong doctrines?

/ghost of Mysthalin.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 01:44:49 am »

nugz

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 01:48:00 am »

Tbh what you get with Allies is diversity with EACH doctrine. An AB player will have a different build completely to an Armour player, likewise with an RE player compared to a commando player.

IMO Axis factions lack substance. Eg. terror/blitz/defensive companies will still have the same armour options, the same infantry options. Same with PE. You have to field Marders/Panthers if you're SE/Luft which is.. unoriginal and repetitive at best. So what if allies don't have anything heavy in the armour department? They have the most diverse range of elite infantry available.

^ coming from someone who plays allies almost exclusively nowdays, however Tongue. Axis are so much easier to play atm which is probably a large factor as to why people are playing them. eg. my CPM with allies is between 90-130 per minute, whereas with axis it sits around 60-80 lawl.

This. Defensive, Luft and scorched earth doesn't get big tanks either. It's just terror and defensive who gets "big tanks", and royal engineers and armor have fun heavies to play with.

If you want to whore a tank, these are the doctrines to play.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2011, 02:09:11 am »

It's just terror and defensive who gets "big tanks"

am I missing something with defensive and big tanks in same sentence?
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2011, 02:16:44 am »

am I missing something with defensive and big tanks in same sentence?

um, maybe he thought 88 was a tank?

i think he meant blitz tbh, but he forgot about the best heavy which is the jagd
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 02:20:46 am by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2011, 02:22:33 am »

yeah blitz
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2011, 02:24:44 am »

And thats still 2 superheavies that you can get 1 of, where as you can get several churchills and 2 tigers or pershings.

Also the super tank doctrines usually do not have what we could call "Hard artillery", only the soft artillery of hotchkiss stukas and nebelwerfers. Terror has good buff for nebel though.

So doctrines are pretty specialized imo. In terms of whether they get elite infantry, elite indirect fire or elite armor there are differences.

And when people talk of lack of choice for allies, well consider this. Terror is the only doctrine getting a geschutz while all three american doctrines get m10s and m18s. They can't put fuel into anything else than stugs for cheap AT tanks.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 02:28:39 am by Smokaz » Logged
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2011, 02:28:26 am »

BTW Audemed you should never be purchasing Full package rangers. 4 SMG's and 2 zooks is just a waste.. If you try to use the zooks to take out a tank, you lose men, if you try to fight a gren squad, you'll probably lose that too =p.

I find rangers only useful with zooks. 80mu isn't too much to ask for 2 zooks and fireup. Get TR and you'll be laughing the whole game!

If oversupplied is going to be removed, can we possibly replace it with what Luft have for their top t4 in giving all ranger (more viable) OR rifle (probably too OP) squads 1 Thompson? 1x thompson and 2 zooks on a ranger squad for 80mu and a doctrine choice doesn't seem too powerful at all.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2011, 02:30:09 am »

Wanna pitch in here and note that 5 thompson rangers maul the top T4 fsj fg42s.

smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2011, 03:03:22 am »

throw in nade,and watch they rape them even more.
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2011, 05:57:23 pm »

BTW Audemed you should never be purchasing Full package rangers. 4 SMG's and 2 zooks is just a waste.. If you try to use the zooks to take out a tank, you lose men, if you try to fight a gren squad, you'll probably lose that too =p.

I find rangers only useful with zooks. 80mu isn't too much to ask for 2 zooks and fireup. Get TR and you'll be laughing the whole game!

If oversupplied is going to be removed, can we possibly replace it with what Luft have for their top t4 in giving all ranger (more viable) OR rifle (probably too OP) squads 1 Thompson? 1x thompson and 2 zooks on a ranger squad for 80mu and a doctrine choice doesn't seem too powerful at all.

Only full package rangers I use is my initial, just because I can't predict what the enemy will call. Beyond that, It's just a couple with thompsons and a bunch with zooks.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2011, 06:12:10 pm »

Ok.

Here goes.

Currently most EIRR Doctrines do not have a "weak spot", they may not do something quite as well as another company build, but you can cover all your bases good enough.

I love a challenging game, where I have to plan and counter the enemy strong points.

i gotta agree with this. old tank reapers youd field a shit load of atg, and rifles, no armor. or AB, you'd field... just AB =D though something like defensive, i found myself with combined arms because all my units had more health.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2011, 06:53:03 pm »

The american officer is fun

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print