Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 01:21:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Company Build Challenge  (Read 5900 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: September 12, 2011, 08:24:20 pm »

AmPm mentioned something about wanting to build a ranger company as a challenge and it got me thinking.

There's a lot of ideas of doctrine choices and such that I think, hmm this could make a good company, but I either don't have the time to sit there and grind another company or it's something I don't think I could pull off.

Post company challenges here with outlines and guides, such as what to choose and why it should work, and someone take that challenge and then post a replay of how well it works.

So set up your post something like this:

US: Armor

Mid/Bottom T3s
Unlocks: Specialty weapons/AWM
Advantages: Probably mostly in FU and MU

Make the most use of crocs and assault engs, strong focus on AI, all crocs should have double repairs and bulldozer upgrade. With a free MG on top and being able to repair while getting out of harms way your crocs should last you and do huge damage to infantry. You can have 7 crocs with T2 FU advantage. With elite armor and the top T2 your assault engs will be tough company. With the mid T3 your crocs will heal fast and heal to 90-100 all the time, even if under fire. With the bottom T3 your crocs rotate faster which helps when flanking.

So have fun, bring your theories out for other to try.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 09:01:22 pm »

Even with the free MG, it'd still be best to take the top and bottom T3s. The ability to shoot and move while repairing is awesome, and means you can fry some troops, circle a PaK, back out of harm's way, etc., all while repairing. Sure the ability to repair more/faster is nice, but in the end, the real difference between the top/mid T3 the ability to shoot the top MG, or the main gun while moving (while repairing), and in that case, I'd pick the main gun (ie the top T3) every time.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 09:04:10 pm by Illegal_Carrot » Logged

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 09:39:15 pm »

My challenge. Make a successful terror company without using the bottom t3-t4 doc specializations or 4-man kch.

I've yet to see it

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 09:49:05 pm »

My challenge. Make a successful terror company without using the bottom t3-t4 doc specializations or 4-man kch.

I've yet to see it
Rolling Thunder owns?
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 11:07:16 pm »

I've yet to see it

Ever seen mass running LMG spam? It's fucking scary.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 12:07:59 am »

Tank Hunters(Teller Mine Spam with Jagd)

Armor(HE Rounds)

To be documented later when I'm not exhausted.  Probably around one thirty tomorrow.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 04:26:50 am »

AmPm mentioned something about wanting to build a ranger company as a challenge and it got me thinking.

I tried this. It was Rangers with nades and smoke nades, plus traige. Vanilla rangers used as stronger rifleman, throwing smoke to get close, then nade, back to heal. Also had field dressing, both that and smoke now got buffed, it was kinda shit when I tried this.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 04:30:16 am by skaffa » Logged

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 05:04:33 am »

Ever seen mass running LMG spam? It's fucking scary.

Grin Grin Grin

i ran somethin like 20 grens with double lmgs and less aim time schrek. that shit was op.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 06:25:38 am »

i wonder if anyone else could run my ostwind spam company, was my favorite build until i blew it up, now i miss it Sad

vet 3 ostwind ftw
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 06:29:09 am »

Ostwinds + storms schrecks is pretty nice.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 06:29:24 am »

i was gonna do a blitz ostwind spam company, with heat rounds and pazner aces. that would rape :/
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 06:34:21 am »

Ye used to do that all the time, untill I unlocked Tigers, went from osts + 1 tiger, to 1 ost + 2 tigers. But seems tigers got nerfed or something.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 06:37:44 am »

Well i guess i can post  a challenge by using my old TH comp as base.

top t4 and bottom t2

all bottom t1 unlocked     
Top t2 unlock
and bottom t3 unlock

t1 man advantage
t3 mun advantage
t2 fule advantage

at least have 4 mun ht with goliats and mines in your comp and as many hetzers you can afford when you have bought Anti sniper and Jagd you think is enough to be flexible and use the rest of your mun on Mg lockdown scoutcars and dual zreck Tbs and 2 teller mines(can be in your starting callin or not), Then when you are done with that just buy a shit ton of vanilla Pgrens.

Well i know this works scene i have done great so far with this comp and i continue to succeed(if i dont pick horrible players)

Too much detail or not enough?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 06:41:22 am by TheIcelandicDictator » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
CommieKiller Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 07:08:03 am »

I salute to any TH player using stummel and pak38 as their main unit

srly they've been nerfed into oblivion
kwiatekkek Offline
okultysta, mistyk, szachista i alpinista.

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 07:32:10 am »

blah blah blah blah camping blah blah blah

that company ?

"L2P" is like a Auswitcz tattoo on your arm, a mark of the survivor.
*cough* Team Lead is Allied bias, just FYI
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 07:49:02 am »

Ostwinds + storms schrecks is pretty nice.

It is. That used to be my old bliz coy, thinking of going back to it.

i was gonna do a blitz ostwind spam company, with heat rounds and pazner aces. that would rape :/

Thats my blitz coy, although I'm trying something else at the moment, I may just go back to what worked though. It absolutely rapes light vehicles, it rapes them so bad.

Ye used to do that all the time, untill I unlocked Tigers, went from osts + 1 tiger, to 1 ost + 2 tigers. But seems tigers got nerfed or something.

No, the bottom t3 got nerfed because it gave double bonuses, this is why you don't see a lot of tigers anymore, they can
miss now lol
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 07:52:37 am »

that company ?

What?

When do i camp?
all games i play from when i started and now i have allways been aggressive of a player giving the enemy chance to attack and flank then in the middle of combat, Wherever you tought i was a camper you must have confused me and a teamate between each other.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 08:51:37 am »

Armor(HE Rounds)

To be documented later when I'm not exhausted.  Probably around one thirty tomorrow.

Wind had a TH tellmine/hetzer/jagd spam company, it was absolutely brutal.

Also loads of people (including myself) ran HE round armor companies, i think only one person is running it now though. 2x pershing + calli, and i also did a load of shermans with .50s that worked incredibly great.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 11:17:23 am »

Armor(HE Rounds)

Tank Hunters

Mid and Bottom t3s
Unlocks: Jagd/X7/Hetzer/Tellers/Tank Intel
Advantages: Triple Fuel, Dual Muni

Triple fuel allows you to get 3 hetzers and a jagd with room for a mortar HT and a pair of armored cars and a SC/Armed Schwim callin to hunt snipers with.  Dual munis to help support the amount of tellers and incendiary nades you will buy.

Use the X-7 only on tanks that are crippled or repairing that you can't get to.  Don't waste them.
Any time you are unsure of where vehicles are and haven't spotted any in a few minutes, don't be afraid to use one of your 4 Tank intels.  I tend to use one at the start of the game, and then about every ten minutes after that.  The exception would be if I need to know where a pershing or firefly(or 2) are located or to see if the enemy has a particularly large group of ATGs waiting for me somewhere.

Jagd should be saved for Pershings or reward Brit/Ami tanks or the end of the game.  Use the Hetzers to soak up the AT earlier in the game, although don't blatantly drive up to ATGs unless absolutely necessary.  You should be able to use your infantry as sacrificial lambs to eliminate any ATGs since they should ALL be equipped with inc. nades except the 4 or so shrek squads that are included in the company to protect your TD's flanks when your teammates are lacking AT on the field.

I tend to run somewhere between 10-16 tellers depending on how I'm feeling.  Try to place them at intersections you know you will be near during the game with your tanks and lines you expect enemy tank destroyers to try to use to try to flank your tank destroyers.  It is always best to place them when the enemy is not watching, even if it means going to the other side of the map for a bit. 

The key to the company is understanding that your infantry is completely expendable, and only there to remove the ATGs and enemy blobs of handheld AT and cap and spot for your vehicles.  The real hitters in this company are the mortar HT, the armored cars(keep them on the flanks/behind the infantry to snipe, let the infantry charge down the atgs if your mht can't get them), and the tank destroyers.  With proper use of the tellers, you should be able to lure enemy tank destroyers into minefields while dueling the other tanks at the same time, freeing your teammates up to handle everything else on the field and clearing the map.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 11:44:28 am »

Blitzkrieg Joint Ops Volksgrenadier and StuG company including few machineguns.

I dare you try it and make it successful. Grin nothing but stugs and volks and few mgs.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc