Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 11:24:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sony users watch out  (Read 3520 times)
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: September 18, 2011, 11:51:33 pm »

Sony is adding some bullshit no suit clauses. While in certain European Countries and Canada (BC, Alberta, Ontario, and Quebec) it is illegal and void, in the US by signing you are giving up your right to sue Sony

http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/09/sen-snei-controversial-new-t-o-s/

EDIT: AT&T apparently did something similar not too long ago, and it seems like it might become a popular method.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 12:04:23 am by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 01:15:28 am »

BUT WHO WILL AMERICANS HAVE TO SUE NEXT?
THE POOR GUY WHO FUDGED UP THEIR CORNDOG AT THE LOCAL BALL GAME?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:17:15 am by spinn72 » Logged
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 01:19:11 am »

Huh... US law is pretty fucked up eh? Then again, Americans sure like to sue people...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:23:21 am by nikomas » Logged

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 01:52:21 am »

Huh... US law is pretty fucked up eh? Then again, Americans sure like to sue people...

The fastest way to get tons of money without doing anything

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 02:10:08 pm »

only in america could someone sue a company and win because they did not "know" their coffee was going to be hot.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 02:11:33 pm »

No one really is gonna win that battle, sure you can sue people but if anyone really sues and wins on that ridiculous case the Judge most likely is drunk or really stupid.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 02:13:58 pm »

LOL, you guys are focused on suing sony over little things, but fail to realize that if say, sony brings malfunctioning hardware on the market and burns down your house/causes physical harm due to shoddy/non-existant research, you are not allowed to bring them to court due to you signing this.

Sure its all hilarious that a women sued because of a hot cup of coffee. But its not so funny when you get tainted Cokeand become seriously ill. Or a power cord known to cause electric shock.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 02:18:05 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 02:15:52 pm »

Wait aint this just for the Sony market?
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 02:19:00 pm »

Wait aint this just for the Sony market?

First it was AT&T, Sony has followed suit. As the US government has allowed this, more companies will most likely follow.
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 02:26:11 pm »

I'm unfamiliar with the terms, what product exactly is in question when you're giving up lawsuit rights?
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 02:33:55 pm »

I'm unfamiliar with the terms, what product exactly is in question when you're giving up lawsuit rights?

Obviously anything sony or AT&T.

Yes my talk about tainted food was exaggeration if that's what your trying to get at.

btw, you also give up the right to appeal, thats a huge one too
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 02:39:07 pm »

So it's ANY sony product? That's retarded...
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 03:01:34 pm »

So it's ANY sony product? That's retarded...

as long as you are under the TOS from SNEI and aren't otherwise exempted from the clause then yes you are unable to legally act against sony by any means other then arbitration.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2011, 05:38:06 pm »

It's not really that big a deal, I was not going to waste thousands of dollars in legal fees to persecute a company for the loss of a free service anyways. I can see why it would be bad for people who paid subscriptions to Playstation Plus, but it just doesn't seem like it'll affect anyone negatively but sue-happy minority groups.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2011, 06:24:04 pm »

It's not really that big a deal, I was not going to waste thousands of dollars in legal fees to persecute a company for the loss of a free service anyways. I can see why it would be bad for people who paid subscriptions to Playstation Plus, but it just doesn't seem like it'll affect anyone negatively but sue-happy minority groups.

you just get dumber and dumber dont you.

1. The new clauses state that if Sony gets hacked and you personally get your life savings stolen. Sony is not responsible to reimburse you anymore. And you can in know way sue them if they use no security to protect your information.

2. Under absolutely no circumstances can you sue them. Most children don't realize that yes, there have been a few people that have tried to sue for stupid reasons. MOST have lost, most get thrown out, just a few have won and those blown out of proportions.

3. The most important thing to take out of this is that its a direct attack on your rights. and if your going to sit around and say no big deal then you don't deserve to have rights.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 06:34:16 pm »

you just get dumber and dumber dont you.

1. The new clauses state that if Sony gets hacked and you personally get your life savings stolen. Sony is not responsible to reimburse you anymore. And you can in know way sue them if they use no security to protect your information.

2. Under absolutely no circumstances can you sue them. Most children don't realize that yes, there have been a few people that have tried to sue for stupid reasons. MOST have lost, most get thrown out, just a few have won and those blown out of proportions.

3. The most important thing to take out of this is that its a direct attack on your rights. and if your going to sit around and say no big deal then you don't deserve to have rights.

This is being blown way out of proportion, besides, it doesn't concern ME because as a smart consumer I only allow the very bare minimum of any valuable information regarding myself to be stored anywhere, especially on the internet. I do not stand to lose from this, and if I believed the right to legally prosecute Sony was worth defending, I'd defend it, but I don't, hence I will not.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 06:54:25 pm »

So...basically, you should get a low balance low rate credit card or a debit card that you only keep say, $100 in at any one time so you can safely buy shit on the internets without worrying about it getting hacked. Huh, who would have thought....

derp derp, lemme just use my Amex Black card to buy me some PSN points.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 06:56:30 pm »

Americans are sue happy anymore, like i care. I'm tired of hearing about law suits.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Jstek Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 11:14:53 pm »

Simple solution.  Don't buy anything off the PSN.  Who the fuck does anyways?  Digital downloads for your PS3, what a stupid concept that was.  Netflix on your PS3, that's a good idea.  But then, your now dealing with Netflix and not PSN..

Though the cause sounds pretty powerful, but doesn't mean it will stick if something serous goes down.  What it will probably do is keep the frivolous BS out of court and that's not a bad thing.  Just because an EULA says they can steal from you doesn't make it legal.  Best thing to do is don't spend money or keep of anything of value.  (aka infomation, passwords ect)  on the PSN and don't use their purchasable services.  Won't take long for them to shape up, but really, i don't think they care a rats ass about the PSN.  Not enough revenue stream to support it.

And accepting the EULA for using the PSN does not mean they are not responsible if their console or TV suddenly starts melting and catches your entire house on fire and killing your family and burning your house down.  Trust me, other laws superceade that shit; plus the bad press would be devastating too.

Granted its just another company testing the waters with a product they don't give a fuck about losing.  Money talks, bullshit walks.  Just look at how the breach with Sony affected them in the media... 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc