Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 10:35:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XP Upgrades!  (Read 12069 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: September 23, 2011, 11:42:31 am »

I know that something like this had been suggested  before in the grey past of EIRR's history- but despite that and neglecting the fact that it is old I hereby bring it forth once more.

The XP Upgrades

At a certain level of XP something cool should be available. I mean if this mod is about percistance instead of victories one should FOCUS more on the percistance right? Well then, simple bonuses aren't enough in most cases. Dear no. Who the heck cares if you have a StuG that is vet 3? Its performance is only slightly better than one of a Vet 0!

Who the heck cares if your rifleman squad has 800xp when it still dies like a 4 xp riflesquad?

No, we need the big guns. We need the awsome guns. I hereby bring forth. XP Suggestions. Show that you care about your XP and units.

Now lets look at the worthy tiger. Lets stare at it for a moment. Now lets make it vet 1000. It is still a regular Tiger with tons of XP. Some might suggest "New skin! Tiger Ace!" etc But those are old. While Tiger Ace for it would be damn sexy I'm still aiming for something a tad higher. Lets see. We have...Blitzrieg...hmm. How about. 1000+ XP Tiger- can be upgraded with a fuel cost and manpower cost- to....King Tiger. Ye heard it right. Blitzkrieg King Tiger! Your Veteran crew got a new tank thanks to their war effort!

It doesn't end here- no.

Rifle squad. You've survived so long that you've managed to gain 500+ xp! Now...you are elite of the elite. Elite Armor! One could also yell "Rangers!" but maybe- just maybe it'd work. Rifle squad that are like rangers- perhaps, maybe yeah sure why not. Armor boys would get their very own Rangers through keeping their menz alive.

A worthy M4 Sherman. You've lived long enough to fight so many battles. Why not send you to our latest design. Pershing! Of course it'll cost. But infantry doctrine running their own Pershing through high XP ammount! A reason to keep your crew alive.

It'd work on certain units- perhaps not to every unit but it is very much possible to make it work on every unit. All one needs...is imagination- oh and the urge and the need- to keep their veterancy safe and sound. Babysitting a defeat, might win you the second.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
CommieKiller Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 11:47:56 am »

Of course it's not the same but are you suggesting bringing reinforcement system back?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:50:08 am by CommieKiller » Logged
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 12:15:04 pm »

I like. Especially with low vet requirement units (Engineers, rifles) vet 3 means hardly anything (since they also die just as fast).

Now, I wouldn't say upgrade a sherman to a pershing straight up...but sherman to Ez8 or Jumbo, either of which could bump to a pershing at another tier, would be sick.

That would be a ton of implementation work though, lol.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 12:16:43 pm »

I think it should be along the lines of a 25% buff that you can pick. 25% more damage/accuracy/speed, something along those lines. You could simply call it ace status.

Also abilities would be cool once you hit vet 3, rifles get an extra sticky, grenade, something like that, tanks could get a flank speed, or smoke screen.

You idea is unique, pretty cool imo.

But either way I feel like the devs discussed a vet system that goes to 5 at some point.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 12:19:37 pm »

I like this but i doupt the mods will agree or have the resorces to do so but the Warmap Might come soon so anything can happen.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 12:20:54 pm »

WARMAP IS A MYTH.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 01:01:12 pm »

Something like upgraded or special weapons packages for infantry units might be a good idea as well;

Leader MP44s or G43s with Garand aestetics for veteran rifles, improved Lee-Enfields for tommies, 5x Grenadier K98ks for Volks, 'Elite' K98ks (that storms use) for grens, G41s for Pios (Garand with gren k98 accuracy at M/L ranges)

the list goes on.

PURCHASEABLE armor might also be something interesting to look into, both for infantry units...:
Airborne Armor (25 MU)
Soldier Armor (50 MU)
Elite Armor (75 MU)
Heroic Armor/Crits (120 MU and +1 unit population size in game)

and armor...:

M4 Sherman: Upgrade armor to armor_churchill (45 MU)
M8 Greyhound: Upgrade armor to puma_armor (30 MU)
Panzer IV: Upgrade armor to armor_stug (50 MU)
SturmGeschutz IV: Upgrade armor to armor_panther (45 MU)
Panther: Upgrade armor to armor_jagdpanther (70 MU).

Frankly, IMO these upgrades should be a little biased towards allied units. Why? Axis units benefit a little more from their doctrine buffs (in general) and vetted axis units can lay down a LOT more hurt then their allied counterparts.

One thing at also irked me is the way everyone passes off allied vet: its a persistency mod, but where does most of our vet reside? Axis. Whos units live and can generaly retain vet easily? Axis. Whos armor is uber survivable and easier to preserve? Axis? Who has to rely on suicide rushing or disregard for unit preservation in order to win? Allies...

And so the allied players might have a little more incentive to retain vet on their units rather then suicide X riflesquad or run that commando jeep into a blob of tank buster PGs.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 01:02:09 pm »

i've always wanted to have a vet system where u can choose ur upgrade to either be an offensive or defense upgrade like vcoh pe

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 01:03:57 pm »

i've always wanted to have a vet system where u can choose ur upgrade to either be an offensive or defense upgrade like vcoh pe

+1
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 01:06:11 pm »

+2

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 01:12:21 pm »

Something like upgraded or special weapons packages for infantry units might be a good idea as well;

Leader MP44s or G43s with Garand aestetics for veteran rifles, improved Lee-Enfields for tommies, 5x Grenadier K98ks for Volks, 'Elite' K98ks (that storms use) for grens, G41s for Pios (Garand with gren k98 accuracy at M/L ranges)

the list goes on.

PURCHASEABLE armor might also be something interesting to look into, both for infantry units...:
Airborne Armor (25 MU)
Soldier Armor (50 MU)
Elite Armor (75 MU)
Heroic Armor/Crits (120 MU and +1 unit population size in game)

Can haz heroic armor rangers plox?
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 01:14:42 pm »

KT gets upgraded to something super crazy then? Cheesy
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2011, 01:16:47 pm »

Sure, except with SMGs youre running a 265 MU unit that occupies 7 population... gl spamming that
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2011, 01:17:49 pm »

Oh god a King tiger tank with a Wankel Motor, Shit would be so cash
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2011, 01:28:18 pm »

Sure, except with SMGs youre running a 265 MU unit that occupies 7 population... gl spamming that

Who needs to spam? Combined with the first aid kits, you only need 1 squad, maybe 2, total.

Faust, medkit, and assault 4man KCH cost 255, so it's not that big a difference tbh. Then again, 4 man KCH are rather....OP.
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 01:45:15 pm »

Then ignore heroic and make elite armor the highest you can go...
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 01:51:37 pm »

More interested in the heroic crits, tbh. Isn't elite armor better than heroic anyways?
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 02:08:44 pm »

Afaik. The crits might also be made available to only lower-tier infantry units--Riflemen, PGs, Volks, Pios, and Engies. Idk, maybe Panzer Pios as well.
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 02:14:06 pm »

IDK, I think that if heroic crits would be instituted at all, it'd have to cost at least 1/2 the unit's cost in MP, especially for the "tougher" units like rangers, storms, etc. Perhaps double for those types.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2011, 02:37:15 pm »

HEROIC CRITS! Heroic crits on 6 man squads! Are you guys NUTS? You like seeing P4s needing 12 shots to kill an RR squad or Rangers?

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc