Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 01:30:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LV repair  (Read 11796 times)
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« on: October 10, 2011, 07:06:47 am »

LVs like M8 and Quad need a better repair kit.
Currently they dont repair its HP enough.

I suggest giving them a medium repair kit.

Also I would like it to be possible to be able to buy 2 repair kits standard for LVs.
They are good because of hit and run + repair, and do it again. Thats why an M8 is also very strong in vcoh.
In EIR M8s are only really good in numbers, having just 1 on the field to support your troops isnt going to do much. I think that when you get 2 repair kits, either for the price of 1, or be able to buy 2, the LVs like M8, Quad, Puma will be better in EIR. If microed well you can keep it on the field for a while and kill some stuff, it will only get annoying when you can spam them, as with everything in EIR (due to too many resources I might add).

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 07:35:02 am »

+1 /signed

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 08:09:38 am »

puma will never be near as good as m8,why pour even more mun into it,when it's just shit?
I mean how many pumas you see on field,and how many m8's?

so armor m8,can get 3 repair kits? myst m8 spam was annoying as hell,I wonder what could he make with extra repair on those.

those who use LV well,can do rly nasty shit with them. I mean,just look how much dmg can little stuart(you havent mentioned him here,but he is still kinda LV,he aint a tank) do,cheap + combined with some buffs he can get from doctrine+carnister shot little bugger can do much more dmg than it's cost.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 08:15:24 am by smurfORnot » Logged
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 08:15:04 am »

As I said, shit gets annoying when being spammed.
And you can consider keeping the repairs at 2 max with armour T3 if it becomes a problem.
Altho I dont have a problem presonally with M8s being used 1 at a time, well microed thus kept alive, even if it has 3 repairs. If you have the micro to keep it alive, fine gj wp. But this is a suggestion and can be tweaked to fit balance, if 3 seems too much then im all for keeping it at 2 max.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 08:21:51 am »

As I said, shit gets annoying when being spammed.

yes,and things usually get nerfed then. Because if they end up being good,they will get spammed no matter you wont it or not.

on the other hand,2 repair kits for scout cars,whats not to like?! Cheesy
but allies benefit much more from this,since they LV are much better than axis ones,wehr ones completely suck.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 08:27:31 am »

so armor m8,can get 3 repair kits? myst m8 spam was annoying as hell,I wonder what could he make with extra repair on those.

I'd have the exact same thing except the M8s would come back from the dead 3 times over, instead of just 2.

*shrug*

skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 08:33:36 am »

Puma is bad yes, but I think thats another discussion.

They will both gain the same from getting a 2nd repair kit and changing it to medium repair.

This mod just needs to nerf resources and focus on micro and unit preservation (persistancy mod anyone). Instead of mass armies, rushing in and dying. Why preserve your units, or micro them wisely, heal them and all that to get the most worth out of them if you can just keep calling on new units for 30 min and throw them at the enemy.  I rather see more repairs on units and more healing possibilities and less overal resources than what we have now. But I guess thats also another discussion.

Also spam is the worst enemy of EIR gameplay, with so much resources Id say just hardcap everything if weapons cache and pool cant control it.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 08:38:35 am »

Also spam is the worst enemy of EIR gameplay, with so much resources Id say just hardcap everything if weapons cache and pool cant control it.

well,then,2nd repair kit increases pool cost/weapon cache so it cant be spammed. If you want have few of them and micro them well,okay,you can,but if you want just spam then,a-a,cant do that.

They will both gain the same from getting a 2nd repair kit and changing it to medium repair.

m8 will gain more,cuz it's better. If you could give all heavy tanks extra repair kit do you think that it would be okay?

I'd have the exact same thing except the M8s would come back from the dead 3 times over, instead of just 2.

he lives  Grin
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 09:00:20 am »

Hmm, whats better, a tiger with 2 repairs or a pershing with 2 repairs ? I dunno, think it could be fair.

But the thing is that heavy tanks are easier to keep alive, whereas M8s, Quads are really hard to keep alive for longer times. So much AT on the field that does like 50% dmg to it,u get hit and then you can go back to use your 1 repair kit, which heals like what 60% of its total hp ? So if your down to almost no hp you use your light repair and get like 60 or something % of ur full hp. Its gonna be hard to use your M8 or Quad to do lots of fighting after that, its gonna die fast as it cant take so much beating. Same in vcoh, it relies on unit preservation and keeping it repaired all the time. If you first of all have a proper repair kit that heals it somewhat fully then that would be a lot better. Tho with the next hit from a marder or anything thats on the field you are back to almost no hp again which means you cant really use it to fight as it will die prolly right away unless you keep it in the back supercautios. I tried playing like this, with M8s, 1 on the field at a time, trying to get many kills, but it just doesnt work, it only seems to work in numbers, 3 M8 starts and M8 spam, shit like that. If we want to switch from being useful in spam to being useful alone on the field, then the repairs needs to be improved and the spam aspect needs to be dealt with, I assume the dev team wants to go down this road and get rid of those annoying builds, hence the pool and weapon cache. Therefor I say, give the Quad and M8 better repairs to make this gamestyle possible.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 09:06:24 am »

Hmm, whats better, a tiger with 2 repairs or a pershing with 2 repairs ? I dunno, think it could be fair.

what about JT and KT with 2 repair kits, think that people wouldnt have problem with that?

But the thing is that heavy tanks are easier to keep alive, whereas M8s, Quads are really hard to keep alive for longer times.
thus their cheaper cost than heavy tanks. you cant expect to use m8 in as much action as you would use pershing or tiger.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 09:08:58 am by smurfORnot » Logged
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 09:15:56 am »

what about JT and KT with 2 repair kits, think that people wouldnt have problem with that?thus their cheaper cost than heavy tanks. you cant expect to use m8 in as much action as you would use pershing or tiger.

The allies dont have a counterpart to the JT and KT, why do you think I said tigers and pershings. Atleast the puma can be somewhat considered the M8s counterpart for WM.

The topic isnt about that.
GJ ignoring the most important part of my post, and trying to hammer thru on this fail comparison you brought up. Ill just assume your lack of experience with the allied factions have left you with a lack of arguments.

I guess we are done here, read my previous post, it tells it all well.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 09:35:01 am »

Atleast the puma can be somewhat considered the M8s counterpart for WM.

very sad one  Wink

I dont plan to argue more,cuz I rly dont care much if they get it or not,just saying that it buffs allied side much more than axis one,since we all know axis LV are more or less crappy.
but hey,if it brings more allies to the launcher,why not Wink
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 11:15:57 am »

If spam were to be removed...eirr would be boring. No variety. Every company no matter what would be identically the damn same thing with no specialization as it is prevented by hardcap and weapon cache. The whole mod wouldn't be same. If anything there is a chance that hardcap and weapon cache will kill EIRR.

I don't think it is a good idea. 3x Repairs on Armor M8s is just too good.

Pumas are terrible and crap no matter what.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 11:39:50 am »

i only saw someone mention something about scout cars, but wouldnt this be a god send for PE players? being able to heal all vehicles twice if they wanted?

i think the idea of two repair kits is a little much. LVs DO need repair kits that heal more I agree with that, if anything give them a medium repair kit and a light repair kit.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 11:52:52 am »

If spam were to be removed...snip..... The whole mod wouldn't be same......snip....

you are so correct with part of your statement. It would not be the same.

It would become a game based on skills of micro, flanking, traps, and other strategic abilities not commonly found in spam and gimmick companies.

Would EiRR die? Of course not. It would fill with people looking for a game filled with skills of micro, flanking, traps, and other strategic abilities.

The people currently here that feel spam and gimmicks are the only thing keeping this mod alive, would depart. In much the same fashion as others have left due to the gimmicks and spam currently going on.

The mod would not die, the player base would just change.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 12:01:24 pm »

The people currently here that feel spam and gimmicks are the only thing keeping this mod alive

or they find this more effective,thus,use it. To beat spam,bring spam ergo spam wont die.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011, 12:02:34 pm »

Yawn, until the new patch comes out, people are still gonna complain.  It sucks right now, noones on for the most part, but thats due to school starting, and the mod being stagnate right now tbh.  As soon as the patch comes out everything will be better...I hope.

Speedy, the dev team will never even bother listening to you so why even bother?

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2011, 12:02:52 pm »

or they find this more effective,thus,use it. To beat spam,bring spam ergo spam wont die.

true that bro
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2011, 12:44:07 pm »

Either give LVs Medium Repair kits for their current costs OR allow them to purchase two Light Repair kits. The Armor Company unlock could then become two Medium Repair kits instead of granting an extra one.

Thoughts?
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2011, 01:06:55 pm »

It would fill with people looking for a game filled with skills of micro, flanking, traps, and other strategic abilities.

Seeing as my old M8 company was the only tangible thing to be mentioned in this thread...

I'll just point out that my M8 company was largely based on :
Micro (80 average APM as opposed to my "general" average of 60),
flanking and never attacking head on (the reason WHY it was oh so annoying to face),
used traps to take out enemy tanks (mines and then hound the shit out of the enemy),
other strategic abilities (like avoiding parts of the map not suited for combat like urban territories).

Don't assume that spamming automatically and indisputably means the player has no other option but to charge the enemy head-on screaming LEEROY JENKINS!! slobbering saliva all over the place. In my time most of the greatest tactical and strategic gems that I have witnessed have been born out of people using some sort of spam or gimmick.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc