Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 03:29:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Allies Need More Appeal  (Read 10728 times)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2011, 11:09:25 pm »

Make the BAR 60mu for Rifles, give it to Rangers and AB.

Make SF cost 20mu and available only on Rifles.

Further thoughts.

Rangers 70mu for 2 BAR no SF.

AB 80mu for 2 BAR no SF.

Scoped MP44 to 75mu.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 11:40:44 pm by AmPM » Logged

Jstek Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2011, 12:04:28 am »

Now..  We all know Axis are tougher stronger units.. They have survivablity, Right?  Compare to the allies the allies suck.
However, what allies need to compensate and make things interesting is.... lower their vet xp amounts by half.

Grant them 5 XP levels.  But the axis are capped at 3.
Its rare to have any allies ever live long enough to even get vet one.  Especially infantry.
How easy is it to vet whore your KCH or Storms?   Yeah..

Even if you retreat them, most times they don't even make it home.  Its cause they suck.  They cant stay alive which negates the entire Vet system in EIR.
Only makes VET one sidded.  Pluz VET for allies is like stupid compared to the bonuses axis get from what i am told.

Anyways, make the allies vet easier to get, more tiers so its more gradual which will help the survivablilty of the unit to fight another day.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2011, 12:46:49 am »

Its really easy to get Allied vet...I have a horde of vet 3 rifles....

Allies do fine vs axis, but there is not enough good variety (useful stuff) to use. So make their doctrine infantry more viable as a multipurpose elite unit.

All other Allied units are fine!
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2011, 01:52:51 am »

Its really easy to get Allied vet...I have a horde of vet 3 rifles....

Allies do fine vs axis, but there is not enough good variety (useful stuff) to use. So make their doctrine infantry more viable as a multipurpose elite unit.

All other Allied units are fine!

I want rifle training back tbfh

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2011, 03:13:06 am »

Make reward units purchaseable, but put them on a limit. Like British Officers. Most of the brilliant allied units are in reward unit form tbfh.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2011, 03:20:21 am »

there aren't any abilities that buff the M10 and also the Tiger you're facing will have vet 3 and that lowers you chances even more.

if he has vet3 Tiger,that means that he will need to be more careful with him,and probably wont make some risks,that he would make with non vet Tiger. M10 is one of the best tanks,it's cheap,gains extra dmg? bonus against Tiger,and it's just retarded how easily you can crush inf,also he doesnt snipe inf bad at all. So rly,m10 doesnt need bonuses to be effective,vanilla one does his job just fine.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2011, 05:09:09 am »

AMPM, you're more biased than Tym. I don't even feel like arguing with you. BARs are the strongest infantry? Allies are OP? What? 90% of your games are as axis and your dissonance account has 200% more losses than your blitzkrieg company. Allies are harder to play than axis and it's understandable too.

I try to play armor and my infantry sucks. I am able to counter tanks pretty well but there is no way that I can stand against buffed grenadiers without taking huge casualties.
I try to play airborne and my doctrine sucks.
I try to play infantry and my armor sucks. I am able to counter infantry well but there is no way that my AT guns and M10s can stand against buffed heavy tanks without taking huge casualties.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 05:26:03 am by PonySlaystation » Logged

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2011, 05:26:56 am »

you can complain and suggest all the things you want, fact is nothing will change soon™

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2011, 05:35:55 am »

Yes, but they should take this into consideration when they make the new doctrine drafts. Should you really have to choose, do I want tanks or infantry? Shouldn't companies promote the use of both? And the buffs for these doctrines aren't going to be very strong because obviously if a Pershing is too strong it can just run around and kill everything by itself so it gets nerfed to a mediocre level. So while you will have slightly stronger tanks as Armor your infantry will always be inferior because Blitzkrieg has both buffs to infantry AND tanks. It's a very unfair system.

Armor shouldn't just promote the use of armor. It should promote the use of Infantry and Medium/Heavy tanks aka combined arms.
Airborne shoulnd't just promote the use of nothing. It should promote the use of handheld AT, ATGs and to some small extent light and medium armor.
Infantry shouldn't just promote the use of infantry. It should promote the use of Infantry and TDs.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 05:41:37 am by PonySlaystation » Logged
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2011, 05:59:42 am »

Some people don't know how to play US it would seem...

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2011, 06:20:10 am »

Allies are fun4life, urbad4life.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2011, 06:42:27 am »

Some people don't know how to play US it would seem...

Oh the irony in your statement.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2011, 06:51:03 am »

Pony you must suck something chronic with Allies the way you complain and bitch about them, when they're all prefectly fine.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2011, 06:58:29 am »

Pony you must suck something chronic with Allies the way you complain and bitch about them, when they're all prefectly fine.

I said that the doctrines were illogical, that they shouldn't just buff one single unit type. I'm not saying it's impossible to win, but it's definitely harder because of the way the US doctrines work. And I think most people can agree with this.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2011, 10:29:15 am »

Pony you might as well just stop wasting your time.  Everything your saying is falling on deaf ears tbh, and it sucks.  I agree with alot of your points, but its like what the fuck is the point anymore?

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2011, 11:18:40 am »

I said that the doctrines were illogical, that they shouldn't just buff one single unit type. I'm not saying it's impossible to win, but it's definitely harder because of the way the US doctrines work. And I think most people can agree with this.

I find that losing as allies usually means one thing, playing with failguy teammates that don't use the correct units. Just because you can take Rangers, does not mean you should. Same goes for Jumbo spamming Infantry or Pershing user Armor coys.

It's simple

14-18 BAR Rifles
4-5 57mm ATG
6-8 M18 Hellcats

Support to taste.

Pick doctrines that support the use of said units. Get any offmaps you can. Win.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2011, 11:20:45 am »

wow that seems so fun and thats why allies are sooooooooooooooo appealing
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2011, 11:23:21 am »

+1 to deady
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2011, 11:27:03 am »

wow that seems so fun and thats why allies are sooooooooooooooo appealing

This is only because the BAR is limited to Rifles only.

Hence why I suggest it be made available on AB and Rangers without SF.

You want to make Allies more varied, you have to have a reason to take other infantry. For the cost, even without SF, BARs are better than Thompsons or the AB LMG.

Shermans would be more valuable if you ever fought...I guess unupgraded infantry...but overall the TDs are more useful (longer range to snipe and kill tanks).

57mm is a must if you want to deal with armor as well, unless you have a ton of RR's supporting your M18's.

As I said earlier in the thread.

BAR to 60mu on Rifles, no SF. +20mu for SF.
BAR available on Rangers and AB without SF.

Reason to use Rangers and AB that are not RR squads.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2011, 11:51:45 am »

It would be more logical to lower the price for thompsons a little more.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc