Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 09:14:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Poll
Question: Which Companies need reworks or tweaks?
U.S. Infantry - 13 (9.6%)
U.S. Airborne - 21 (15.6%)
U.S. Armor - 13 (9.6%)
Commonwealth Royal Canadian Artillery - 12 (8.9%)
Commonwealth Royal Commandos - 14 (10.4%)
Commonwealth Royal Scottish Engineers - 7 (5.2%)
Wehrmacht Defensive - 10 (7.4%)
Wehrmacht Blitzkrieg - 9 (6.7%)
Wehrmacht Terror - 7 (5.2%)
Panzer Elite Scorched Earth - 8 (5.9%)
Panzer Elite Luftwaffe - 11 (8.1%)
Panzer Elite Tank Destroyer - 10 (7.4%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doctrine Reworks & Unlocks Poll  (Read 11345 times)
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« on: October 18, 2011, 10:17:24 am »

Vote for which one(s) you think do, and then please use the template below to create a new Company Specialization, or to copy and then edit an existing one.

Name of Company Specialization:
Company:
Tier (1-4):
Branch (Top/Mid/Bottom):
Effected Units & Unit Stat Changes:
Grants a New Ability? (Y/N):
Description:
What Will It Replace?:

For other unlocks, such as units, feel free to discuss them here in my Doctrine Unlocks Topic. The PDF containing all of the unlock content is located in the OP.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 10:26:19 am »

Honestly why would you not want to have everything reworked? People love new content, especially in doctrines Wink

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 10:34:21 am »

Armor needs infantry buffs and Airborne needs vehicle buffs if they are supposed to be on par with the axis doctrines.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 10:44:08 am »

There's a reason why I posted the template. If you want changes, make sure you have an idea--one with STATISTICS--ready to go. Dont just say "X doctrine needs infantry buffs". Take an existing specialization and edit it, or make one up to replace it. Put in stats and specifics.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 10:54:41 am »

Lolz, Moar people crying airbourne isent Overpowerd

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 11:03:00 am »

Overal about doctrines I would make a rule not to have any offmap buffs. No1 likes offmaps, no sense in buffing them. (think AB fow usage)

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 11:14:12 am »

Overal about doctrines I would make a rule not to have any offmap buffs. No1 likes offmaps, no sense in buffing them. (think AB fow usage)

I think that's a good idea and should go into +1 use of offmaps as well. I think it's just RCA and luft that have those via T4s.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 11:28:54 am »

with all the praise going to terror, i think all the rest can use a semi-rework here and there.
AB needs to be tweaked more than rehashed.
And to me Inf Doc is anything but about Inf.  Seems with every update the rangers seem to be loosing more and more of their advantage as elites.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 11:42:31 am »

I think that's a good idea and should go into +1 use of offmaps as well. I think it's just RCA and luft that have those via T4s.
Those +1s will be removed, the amount of uses you get for off-maps will be regulated through the warmap. And yea, I agree, off-maps don't need buffs through the doctrines.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 11:53:36 am »

Those +1s will be removed, the amount of uses you get for off-maps will be regulated through the warmap. And yea, I agree, off-maps don't need buffs through the doctrines.

any deeper word on how off maps will be regulated seems like a big change in game play.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 11:59:18 am »

I think you can earn something on the warmap if you do well, then select something like a bonus thing, for example a reward unit, or have +1 offmap. Sounds fun, if +1 offmap wasnt 1 of the choices Tongue
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 11:59:42 am »

with all the praise going to terror, i think all the rest can use a semi-rework here and there.
AB needs to be tweaked more than rehashed.
And to me Inf Doc is anything but about Inf.  Seems with every update the rangers seem to be loosing more and more of their advantage as elites.

While true, Infantry significantly buffs Riflemen, you know, the base infantry.

I agree with more Ranger buffs, perhaps an option for BARs for them through the doctrine.

skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 12:01:48 pm »

Aint going to happen.

Use Marines instead, they r rape.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 12:03:08 pm »

Regular BAR Rifles are rape too =) They die faster than Grens but kill and suppress faster too.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 12:06:38 pm »

Infantry company buffs Rangers too. And they recently got a price and pool decrease which helps a lot.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 12:54:31 pm »

While true, Infantry significantly buffs Riflemen, you know, the base infantry.

I agree with more Ranger buffs, perhaps an option for BARs for them through the doctrine.

But it seems that it always goes back to Inf w/ bars, like thats the one of the few good ways to go. The T3 which adds an extra Bar is great, but thats just one specialization, the others seem not to help so much. I dont see the other buffs too significant to make the Inf Doc a great Doc for Inf. I can go armor and get HVAP heavy tanks and still be able to roll with tons of inf w/ bars plus eng shotties. Or go AB and get inf w/ bars from the sky, plus get better mg and mortar teams.
I dont know if i think this b/c lack of variety beyond bars, or perhaps Rangers are loosing more and more of their fearsome assault roles. I rather take a 10% buff over a 20% price drop any day.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 01:03:41 pm »

Rangers are good only in close combat, at those ranges you die very fast to anything. They have fireup and elite armor which most SMGs cut through anyway.

Rifles have BARs, they can fight at long, med, short range, they can suppress, they cost a lot less, you can get more of them. Rifles can be used to recrew as well, you can send them on a suicide mission and not worry about it.

Riflemen, in terms of in game usefullness, DESTROY Rangers as an option other than for people that just love Rangers (Lionel).
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 01:26:34 pm »

Rangers are good only in close combat, at those ranges you die very fast to anything. They have fireup and elite armor which most SMGs cut through anyway.

Rifles have BARs, they can fight at long, med, short range, they can suppress, they cost a lot less, you can get more of them. Rifles can be used to recrew as well, you can send them on a suicide mission and not worry about it.

Riflemen, in terms of in game usefullness, DESTROY Rangers as an option other than for people that just love Rangers (Lionel).

Right. Im not complaining about usefulness about bars. Bars rock. But its more like; why choose Inf doc? I can get 15 inf w/ bars any doc I want or bring out a bunch of vanilla inf which are no different if i chose Inf Doc, the inf doc doesnt offer any game changers there. Heck with armor doc i can get a more deadly combo with bars+shotguns. I think maybe a T2/T3 unlock or t4 specialization of more weapon options for rangers or inf could help. Or i guess throwing in more variety into US infantry units, like adding 1 more could change the mechanics of the INF doc.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 01:37:37 pm »

i think poppi is saying infantry just emphasizes tactics that are already used with armor. but i think it simply comes down to how the US plays out for the most part for example you can build the same company in both infantry and armor, BAR rifles, m10s/m18s, and various support. And it comes down to whether you want hvap or triple bars.

I think it would be cool if operation overlord was reworked into focusing on buffing infantry even more and dropping the combined arm. Although it was one of my favorite T4s.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 01:46:04 pm »

I actually think infantry doesnt really need any work.  Its fine as is, it has alot of different buffs and unique things so we could just leave it tbh. 

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc