Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 03:20:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Poll
Question: Should Assault Abilities be Banned from EIR?
Yes
No
Only AW
Only WM Assault
Only Incin Assault

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ban Assault Abilities  (Read 19193 times)
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2011, 02:21:41 pm »

Available to all wher 3 with KCH, available to all wher infantry excluding pios with blitz, and available to 2 PE infantry with SE.

So no not really.

yea,cuz everyone runs 3man kch with assult,cuz it's super effective  Roll Eyes

that leaves you with storms with assault,another brilliant idea that everyone is using  Roll Eyes

then we go to actually only volks and grens that people are using.

So yea,conclusion is that every wher doctrine uses assault  Roll Eyes

uuu yea,PE one is also brilliant,throw nades,then while you are chasing squad that retreats,you run into your own flames and start to kill yourself,not to mention that everything can dodge this one,even if it lands,you still have time to pac kand move alive,great use of 50mun compared to normal nades  Roll Eyes
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2011, 02:29:10 pm »

yea,cuz everyone runs 3man kch with assult,cuz it's super effective  Roll Eyes

that leaves you with storms with assault,another brilliant idea that everyone is using  Roll Eyes

then we go to actually only volks and grens that people are using.

So yea,conclusion is that every wher doctrine uses assault  Roll Eyes

uuu yea,PE one is also brilliant,throw nades,then while you are chasing squad that retreats,you run into your own flames and start to kill yourself,not to mention that everything can dodge this one,even if it lands,you still have time to pac kand move alive,great use of 50mun compared to normal nades  Roll Eyes
Bias and retardism at its best.

I never said everyone uses assault. I also never said anything on how effective they are.

And just because people don't use it, doesn't mean its not cost effective.

And also, if the PE nades got the enemy to retreat, then success. Why don't right click somewhere else so you don't run into your own fire lol.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
marda145 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2011, 02:39:36 pm »

I didn´t even need to read, who posted this, it was obvious, that it was tym...
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2011, 02:39:56 pm »

And also, if the PE nades got the enemy to retreat, then success. Why don't right click somewhere else so you don't run into your own fire lol.

so you spend 50mun to just make enemy move out of cover? wooof,great use of 50mun...
why would I retreat,I click 5m behind my unit and just made you waste 50mun,then if you click somewhere not to get yourself killed on your ability,I just move and finish you,coz for that 50mun I can have nades or 2x bars instead of 3x inc. assualt

usually people tend to use what they find cost effective. If assault was cost effective on storms,I would use it on them,not on volks...but it's not cost effective to spam KCH or stroms with assault as it is volks or grens.
gungun
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2011, 02:42:14 pm »

LOL usualy it is because people use things which -are- cost effective. Things that are not used are not used because they are not cost effective, it's a simple logic which yet again you fail to comprehand.

Why don't right click somewhere else so you don't run into your own fire lol.
Because you mongrel the 50 mu then is wasted. Inc assault is total shite because the fire makes practicaly no damage when troops are running through it, no one is using inc assault.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2011, 02:49:29 pm »

why would I retreat
*1 minute earlier*
uuu yea,PE one is also brilliant,throw nades,then while you are chasing squad that retreats

Herp

derp

And if you move 5m back you eat the 2nd volley of nades. Lol fail.

LOL usualy it is because people use things which -are- cost effective. Things that are not used are not used because they are not cost effective, it's a simple logic which yet again you fail to comprehand.
I dont see anyone using rangers anymore. Clearly with your logic they must be too expensive. Lets buff them.

I also don't see pershings so much. We can buff those too now right?

Oh and jagdpanthers, I dont see them alot either, Buff please.

Nubnub logic is fail logic. You were banned for a reason GTFO noob.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2011, 02:51:51 pm »

Herp

derp

And if you move 5m back you eat the 2nd volley of nades. Lol fail.

Why don't right click somewhere else so you don't run into your own fire lol.

fail...
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2011, 02:53:45 pm »

fail...
The 2nd quote was when you told me that the squad was retreating.

Comprehension fail lol.

Now lets pwn noobs in EIR.
gungun
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2011, 02:54:28 pm »

I dont see anyone using rangers anymore. Clearly with your logic they must be too expensive. Lets buff them.

I also don't see pershings so much. We can buff those too now right?

Oh and jagdpanthers, I dont see them alot either, Buff please.

LOL and yet again you prove your ignorance and stupidity. People do not use rangers because they are not too expensive but there are MORE cost effective units than rangers.
Pershings and jags are doctrinal heavies so it's normal that you won't see 2 of them per game from every player.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2011, 02:58:04 pm »

English is not my first language,by retreating,I wasnt thinking retreating off the map,since no one does that,but backing behind or somewhere,anywhere...
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2011, 04:35:14 pm »

And this is why nothing ever happens in this community.

Assault is borderline broken in vCOH, where you can retreat and come back 20 seconds later. It's acceptable because it's an expensive mechanic that forces retreats.

Assault is completely broken in EIR, where it's not only extremely cheap, but you can't "just retreat" and GTFO to come back to the fight. If it threw one volley, sure, it'd be ok, but throwing unlimited grenades until a squad with 50% less received accuracy AND 50% less received damage?

There is no way around these points, yet fanboiz (lolnightrain) who run 30 volks assault companies will defend it do the death.

I'll be chillin in SC2 still -.-
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2011, 05:38:38 pm »

LOL and yet again you prove your ignorance and stupidity. People do not use rangers because they are not too expensive but there are MORE cost effective units than rangers.
Pershings and jags are doctrinal heavies so it's normal that you won't see 2 of them per game from every player.
after this patch i gave up on rangers. B4 patch they were okay, b/c i didnt see tons of mp44s,stgs, scopes, etc on the field. But now i see tons of weapon upgrades b/c of price reduction. And rangers dont really do well against the massive blobs of assault rifles or smgs. I rather take a major ranger buff to bring them back to l33t status than another minor price reduction on thompsons which will still most likely be overpriced. Why bring rangers if they get pwnd by much cheaper units? I think they should be able to be played like KCH. Trolololo over the weaker units.
That was just my two cents as a ex-ranger fanboy. So argue with it or whatever.  Bit off topic
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2011, 07:09:28 pm »

after this patch i gave up on rangers. B4 patch they were okay, b/c i didnt see tons of mp44s,stgs, scopes, etc on the field. But now i see tons of weapon upgrades b/c of price reduction. And rangers dont really do well against the massive blobs of assault rifles or smgs. I rather take a major ranger buff to bring them back to l33t status than another minor price reduction on thompsons which will still most likely be overpriced. Why bring rangers if they get pwnd by much cheaper units? I think they should be able to be played like KCH. Trolololo over the weaker units.
That was just my two cents as a ex-ranger fanboy. So argue with it or whatever.  Bit off topic

agreed, i immediately switched from my rangers company back to endless BARs because well, BARs are just better, but my rangers were getting steamrolled. They really cant compete with mp44s since they are so cheap.

Either way aud is totally right. all assault abilities really need to be changed or taken out.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2011, 07:11:55 pm »

Well I don't think Assault should be completely removed/banned from EIRR. Reasons been is that assault has always been in COH/EIR plus EIRR. The only problem I have with it is that it's not limited to specific units like it was in "old" EIR. It doesn't help that fact that certain people in this mod ( not going to name them) always try and find a unit/ability which is really strong or in some cases OP and just abuse it hell making it seem like that unit/ability is more BS and OP than it actually is. Then brag owe amazing they are at the mod/ defend that certain unit/ability saying it's not unbalanced and they know who they are.

Ideas to fix Assault:

1. Increase price of it for the problem units which its seem to be used/abused the most on.

2. Remove it from certain units which it seems to be used/abused the most on.

3. Nerf the ability so it give some kind of de-buff after/during its use.

4. Make the ability so it only throws 1 wave of nades and if it misses well then tough luck.

I know for a dam well fact someone will say idea 4 is totally BS because it will make the ability over-priced. No it wont, your paying something like half the price of what you would pay if you through 4-5 nades from single units . your basically getting a 2 for 1 offer on nades.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 07:14:36 pm by Dragon2008 » Logged

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T @ 3.3ghz
RAM: 4GB
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X (EVO)
Graphics Card: ATI HD 6970 2GB
Hard Drive: 1TB
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2011, 07:27:41 pm »

assault already sucks, why would you change it?

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2011, 09:28:43 pm »

i'm noticing a trend. a lot of the defenders are major axis players or people who spam assault abilities (like nug)

i wouldn't mind assault so much if it was a risk to use but it's not. Maybe Incin assault yes, running into your own fire but with AsYWF and WM Assault, you can click and let it fly.

U can't compare it to fire up because of exhaustion, when i play as axis i try and make 'em fire up sometimes, then run after them knowing that in a little while they'll exhaust and then i can kill 'em with ease.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 09:31:32 pm by Tymathee » Logged

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2011, 12:36:28 am »

i'm noticing a trend. a lot of the defenders are major axis players or people who spam assault abilities (like nug)

I'm also noticing a trend that most offenders are major allied players who suck at dodging assault. (like darksoldier).

Completely irrelevant.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
gungun
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2011, 01:59:18 am »

i'm noticing a trend. a lot of the defenders are major axis players or people who spam assault abilities

21 people in your poll vs 12 are axis assault players?  highly doubt that.

There is no way around these points, yet fanboiz (lolnightrain) who run 30 volks assault

If he has 30 assault on volks than he has no mu for anything else.  Kill volks with vehicles?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 02:06:37 am by gungun » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2011, 02:37:15 am »

i'm talking about you specifically nugnug and note i said 'assault abilities" which includes AWF, which you so love to spam to obliviion.
gungun
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2011, 02:50:14 am »

so ?

AW is not axis assault, AW is stronger because you can fire zookas which negate PE.  Don't put axis assault and AW into same bag.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 02:57:50 am by gungun » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc