Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 03:27:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

by Bear
[October 02, 2024, 01:14:57 pm]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop goverment censorship bill of the interenet!  (Read 37860 times)
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #140 on: November 23, 2011, 04:34:14 pm »

marijuana is illegal cuz of THC,not because of anything else...if you are posting arguments how it should be illegal cuz it provides you with health risks,then why are alcohol and tobacco legal,cuz they also provide great health risks!?
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #141 on: November 23, 2011, 04:37:39 pm »

Once again you prove just how gullible you are. Weed is popular, so any information that you find that is pro-marijuana is what usually gets put to the top of the list. There is a lot of money to be made legalizing it, patents to companies that can start boxing it and shipping/tariffs when shipping it cross country.

Fact of the matter is, that a lot of it is just theory at the moment, and two sides have been putting up 'reports' but the ones with negative side effects just don't get the same attention as less reputable sourced ones do primarily because there often viewed to be 'government ruled.' sad fact of the internet, people give more credit to nutjobs.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #142 on: November 23, 2011, 04:38:36 pm »

I honestly don't care if people smoke weed or cigarettes or w/e. Just don't do it when I'm near you.

"Chance favors the prepared mind"
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #143 on: November 23, 2011, 04:45:28 pm »

Once again you prove just how gullible you are. Weed is popular, so any information that you find that is pro-marijuana is what usually gets put to the top of the list.

Marijuana is illegal cuz of THC,as I stated before,and in those articles provided by rest of ya,in none of them did I read that THC causes cancer or gives you some health problems,which is main argument from people here,cuz it puts you health at risk.
So argument that it should be illegal cuz of health risks is totally shit,cuz there are numerous other medicines,tobacco etc. that give you even more health risks and are legal.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #144 on: November 23, 2011, 04:53:15 pm »

You really don't understand why tobacco and alcohol are legal? It's because their so inbred in our society that they're impossible to remove.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #145 on: November 23, 2011, 05:19:56 pm »

I understand that,so this makes it okay then,for them to be legal,even they are killing and taking more human lives than almost everything else,because they are inbred...but same rules cant be applied to other things...thats hippocratic .
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #146 on: November 23, 2011, 05:34:21 pm »

It is hypocritical, now stop whining about it on an online forum and go out and do something if you really care. I could personally care less if people want to kill themselves slowly, be it by brain damage or lung cancer, it doesn't affect me in the slightest.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #147 on: November 23, 2011, 05:37:09 pm »

How is that the same rules?

And if Alcohol and Tobacco that you say are so horrible are killing and taking more human lives than almost anything, what you want to solve these problems is to introduce even more drugs so that even more people can die? THAT is hippocratic.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #148 on: November 23, 2011, 05:40:13 pm »

You really don't understand why tobacco and alcohol are legal? It's because their so inbred in our society that they're impossible to remove.

Also the problems and risks are fully understood with each. And alcohol (unless over abused which causes liver failure or over consumed) is generally safe, tobacco's health issues are almost fully researched and one can say for certain that they understand what they are doing by smoking it.

As it is, you probably wont see the legalization of weed till most risks are out in the air, so companies wont be afraid of lawsuits being slapped on them due to the lung cancer that popped up out of know where.

Also alcohol is no where in the same ballpark as smoking anything so please stop comparing it to them. Its like comparing Halo to Mario Kart.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 05:44:50 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #149 on: November 23, 2011, 06:41:48 pm »

Also the problems and risks are fully understood with each. And alcohol (unless over abused which causes liver failure or over consumed) is generally safe, tobacco's health issues are almost fully researched and one can say for certain that they understand what they are doing by smoking it

As someone studying O Chem I can confirm that drinking Ethanol Alcohol is relatively harmless when compared to smoking... In moderation Ethanol Alcohol goes from being a alcohol to a Acetaldehyde then a Carboxylic Acid to simply Co2 and H20...The only reason alcohol causes liver damage is because some people drink WAYYY too much, and your body only produces so many enzymes to convert alcohol into Co2 and H20(The process kills enzymes pretty fast) Acetaldehyde & Ethanoic acid are what causes hangovers tbh... While smoking doesn't Sad

smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #150 on: November 23, 2011, 06:47:47 pm »

I was more going on how alcohol is taking lives,when people 'drink and drive' ,not by consuming it in normal quantities,it's not gonna harm you unless you are seriously overdoing it.

and go out and do something if you really care.
I dont care much,I smoke weed 2-3 times per year,and I cant say that I enjoy it all that much ,so I dont give a shit is it legal or not,it's not that I would smoke it more,unless it was way cheaper...
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #151 on: December 05, 2011, 08:27:48 am »

I was more going on how alcohol is taking lives,when people 'drink and drive' ,not by consuming it in normal quantities,it's not gonna harm you unless you are seriously overdoing it.

I dont care much,I smoke weed 2-3 times per year,and I cant say that I enjoy it all that much ,so I dont give a shit is it legal or not,it's not that I would smoke it more,unless it was way cheaper...

The USA did try to illegalise Alcohol in the past because they understood how dangerous and damaging to society it is. It was called the prohibition. Not only did it not stop people from using alcohol, it made EVERYTHING worse. Crime, use of alcohol etc.

IF the governments around the world could stop people from using alcohol by banning it they all would, but it's impossible. That is the ONLY reason it is still legal!

Now, what makes tobacco dangerous isn't the nicotine. It is the partially combusted chemicals that you inhale and it's pretty much the exact same thing with smoking weed. THC might be harmful, it might not be, but until more research is done (very little has been made) there is no way to say for sure. However, it IS known that smoking it is just as dangerous as smoking tobacco. You can remove these dangers by getting it into your body in another way but for several reasons people don't do this.

Now about the legility of THC. Around the world where the use is not so widespread it is illegal and it works, but its another story in the US. Just like with the prohibition of alcohol, it jsut doesn't work in the USA because use is so widespread and it isn't dangerous enough to put people of using it through that (like heroin). They need to legalise it as soon as possible before the "war on drugs" destroys US society even more than it has done so far. Not because it is harmless (which it isn't), but because it doesn't work. The billions of taxdollars spent only makes everything so much worse. They might as well hand over cash directly to the criminals because that's the only thing the failed "war" does now.

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #152 on: December 05, 2011, 10:43:23 am »

yea stop them tbh

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #153 on: December 05, 2011, 10:50:05 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQExMBvJB2M

The Senate last night codified into law the power of the U.S. military to indefinitely detain an American citizen with no charge, no trial and no oversight whatsoever with the passage of S. 1867, the National Defense Authorization Act.

Yeeeea,another great move of USA democracy  Roll Eyes
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #154 on: December 05, 2011, 12:09:46 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQExMBvJB2M

Yeeeea,another great move of USA democracy  Roll Eyes

you forgot it also legalized bestiality in the military

guess your lucky, the amendment that would have allowed them to keep you after you were found not-guilty was defeated
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 12:11:22 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc