Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:50:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 105 Howitzer  (Read 3002 times)
Valexandes Offline
Donator

« on: December 01, 2011, 01:27:10 pm »

Is there any possibility of howitzers getting a really slow single shell attack.
Make it work sort of like a mortar where it can shoot individual shots at a very slow rate of fire and then keep it's barrage as is.

Basically it would just fire very slowly with slightly less scatter than the barrage.
This ability could be incorporated with the locked and loaded line of doctrine unlocks possibly.
The howitzer is subpar compared to other units of similar type like the priest, calliope, 88, 25 pdr etc.
Howitzers are very susceptible to attacks of any form yet they have less than fearsome offensive capabilities in most situations.

Incorporating this as part of the tier 3 for either tank reapers or locked and loaded lines could give either of those lines an interesting playstyle.

For tank reapers it would make atgs with rifle zooks supported by howitzer a viable more hunkered down doctrine or put it in locked and loaded and it could be a viable support team with long indirect fire support to keep axis mortars from just laughing at your buffed support teams.

There are probably a number of issues i'm not thinking about so, opinions?

the nashorn is like a kid with a giant penis, it has no idea how to use it or where to point it most of the time but it could still fuck you

Your mom, and your grandma wont know....
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 01:29:29 pm »

Basically, you want to make it like an 88?

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 01:29:40 pm »

this has been brought up before, and to be honest i cant remember peoples opinions on it, i personally like the idea of a T3/T4 unlock.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 01:31:54 pm »

Sure... how about no?

Having the ability to shoot one shell at the time is way stronger than a concentrated barrage, given a single shell can gib a squad.
The reason is that it is way easier to watch out for the occasional barrage rather than a constant stream of shells.

But the worst thing... it would just be really, really ANNOYING to play against, imagine if you had nebel rocket going off in your direction every 10th second sort of randomly, randomly supressing stuff. And at least that aint very lethal in comparison, I like to think there is a reason behind making them barrage abilities. Mortars work because of their short range.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 01:34:00 pm by nikomas » Logged

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 01:46:40 pm »

maybe i understood wrong, but i think instead of a barrage ability, he wants the option of firing a single accurate shell that's on the same cool down. so you can either hit that ONE atg gun, or you can do a normal barrage, maybe miss the atg, but get the support thats around it.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 01:52:45 pm »

bad idea, nope.

now what i think would be cool is to have an ability where you fire half the shells and have a shorter cooldown. I think normal is about what, 3 minutes with 6 shells? what if u can make it so it fires 3 shells with a 90 second cooldown.

You dont get the wide range devastation but you do get a barrage more often. This would replace the normal barrage but be an option.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Valexandes Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 01:54:40 pm »

I completely hadn't thought about that but that would be even better.

I suppose the ability to fire often would be particularly powerful as you have to keep all your stuff constantly watching for it.

But perhaps have a single more accurate shot on a slightly shorter cooldown.
and also have the regular barrage available.

If the benefit was a doctrine buff then I'd think the above is good but i would be very happy with a much more accurate shell ability on the same cooldown being a blanket howi thing. If this was done you could have a doctrine unlock separate the cooldown timers.

bad idea, nope.

now what i think would be cool is to have an ability where you fire half the shells and have a shorter cooldown. I think normal is about what, 3 minutes with 6 shells? what if u can make it so it fires 3 shells with a 90 second cooldown.

You dont get the wide range devastation but you do get a barrage more often. This would replace the normal barrage but be an option.

That would also be a really cool option.
That actually is probably my favorite idea.
Valexandes Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 01:59:26 pm »

Basically, you want to make it like an 88?

I would not want it like an 88 as it would not fire like a gun but rather as an artillery and it would not be effective at things directly attacking it.
I would like it more reliable in it's effectiveness against inf and support.
I would not like to make it any more effective against tanks as that role is not what it is for nor should it be.
Its only use against tanks should be in hitting repairing ones or killing the support around one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc