Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 03:17:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

by Bear
[October 02, 2024, 01:14:57 pm]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CANT FUCKING SLEEP  (Read 5855 times)
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: December 04, 2011, 07:07:33 pm »

Fuck this shit seriously. What do you guys do when you can't fall asleep? I've been trying to sleep for the last 3 hours, and now I have to 'get up' in around 3.

Need a few tips here

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 07:10:51 pm »

A regular schedule. Be sure to sleep in multiples of one hour and thirty minutes (1:30) because that's the approximate length of a human sleep cycle.

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 07:18:02 pm »

Go to sleep much earlier.

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 07:27:21 pm »

Masturbate as you mournfully weep because the world is a cruel and heartless place.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 08:42:17 pm »

Exam in 6h19m.
I hope I get EU law.
Or I'm fucked.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 09:02:41 pm »

If I can't sleep for 6 or more I just don't sleep. My body does a terrible job of self regulation on 6 hours or less. If I'm at work and there are other people to wake me then I'm ok. but even if I set an alarm it won't help.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 09:26:09 pm »

I try to stay awake a night and then sleep early the next day. I'll be shit the entire day, but it hard-resets my sleeping pattern.

"Chance favors the prepared mind"
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 09:38:38 pm »

The way you sleep matters a great deal as well, for instance doing breathing excercises before falling asleep will make the transition into deep sleep faster and sunlight coming into your room before you are awakened will make any amount of sleep better.

If you have a window in your room it's optimal to have the shutters open because your body senses light from the break of dawn and starts to produce hormones that wake you up. There's also something called sleep cycles; waking up in the wrong phase of a cycle will make you feel less rested than waking up before or after one.

There's also the amount of light to be considered, you should try to be in brightly lit environments up to the point you plan to sleep. Ceasing activity = turn off lights.. the habit of being conscious and active in gloom or poorly lit places distrupt your hormone production and your body's natural sense of when to be tired and sleep.

Ideally you would not sleep with alcohol in your blood nor would you eat 3 hours before sleeping.
Even a very very small amount of alcohol will reduce feeling of rest, same for eating a lot because it ties up the liver and the organs when they normally would not be used as much.

Some foods for me personally always gives me nightmares if consumed shortly before sleeping. Lasagna is a big boogeyman here, literally.

Another trick is to never do anything else than sleep (or sex ofc) in your bed because it teaches your body to associate being in bed with other things than sleep.

I belive there is a app for smart/iphones that over a period of a few days help you find your optimal amount of sleep, for most people its quite lower than they expect they just need to tune into this by going to bed at the same time each night instead of having days where they stay up 16-17 hours and other "replenishing" themselves later with 10-11 hours of sleep.

A lot of literature also claim that there's no way to "store" restedness, you can only have a sleep deficency not a surplus.

On a flip side, sleep deprivation experiements have been done in a lot of different nation's military forces and the most noted reduction in capability is short-term memory.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 09:46:04 pm by Smokaz » Logged
Dnicee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 09:48:38 pm »

Dude, smokaz... very intresting post. Lasagna, pretty impressive that you figured that out. What app would that be to iphone? But i think there is an really simple explanation for the lack of sleep etc... The computer, unplug the computer and live without it for a week and you will probably be home free!

Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 10:02:29 pm »

I ahve had these experiences, most of the time it has to do with a sense of "not being able to shut down" if that make any sense, and if I ever get in that stage (which now days never happens I just relax and realize what it is im trying to do? Well im usually thinking on what needs to be done by x day at Y hour in z hours.

And realize well fuck it wont matter if x+y+z = rainbows coming out of eyes, since i can do Fuck all about it.

The advantage of studying psychology is that you get a lot of niffty information on what you can and cannot do ^^

Ofc the down side is that you talk to much before you get to the fucking point so here it is:

Creating dreams.

Basically for me at least i needed an incentive to fall asleep, since i mostly feel unproductive otherwise, so what i did was i channeled my energy into creating a world/movie/adventure for myself which i start off narrating and before i know it im off.

Also, i reallized i needed to have been awake for at least 13 hours before i got tired. So i go to bed at  between 19-20:30 pm and get up at 04:00-05:00 am and thats usually my day ^^ and I continue to try and do that always,seeing as soon as i try and deviate from it i end upp either stying up 48 hours straight or sleeping for same amout of time. Tongue

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 11:55:39 pm »

play a really really boring game. watch a boring movie

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 03:28:09 am »

Exam in 6h19m.
I hope I get EU law.
Or I'm fucked.

Why's a norwegian studying EU law? Maybe you crooks should think about joining the EU first before you create fancy schmanzy studies about it.
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 05:41:23 am »

Same reason we study social work in the us, i might not really exist, but its good to pretend
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 05:49:52 am »

Why would you study English in Belgium? English isn't even a national language there!!!!
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 06:31:27 am »

Why's a norwegian studying EU law? Maybe you crooks should think about joining the EU first before you create fancy schmanzy studies about it.
You've got it wrong, they are studying "The EU - Why we laugh at it!"  Roll Eyes

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
M1d Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 06:44:21 am »

Smoke a fat Joint just before bed time.. And don't forget to set your alarm first. >.<
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2011, 06:49:49 am »

l2sleep

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2011, 06:50:09 am »

drink a beer,1 usually gets you a bit sleepy...but dont go,maybe if I drink another one,I will feel more sleepy and so on :p
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 08:45:06 am »

Inject some vodka into your veins.

But personally what I do, is that I take my special sleeping pills. Ive got 2 sleeping disorders (1 genetic, the other unknown) so Im used to sleeping really, really bad. Thats why I got a clock that monitors my sleeping cycle and wakes me at the correct time and my special pills.

If you are looking at general sleeping tips that anyone can do then there's google. Everything I've learned from my doctors and sleeping seminars can be found there, I've noticed.

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 09:49:03 am »

drink a beer,1 usually gets you a bit sleepy...but dont go,maybe if I drink another one,I will feel more sleepy and so on :p

lightweight much  Cool
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc