Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 10:52:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tellermines  (Read 13780 times)
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 02:29:15 pm »

Well, while i support ai mines for allies, stop using your m10s recklessly, scout ahead abit.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 02:34:24 pm »

Well, while i support ai mines for allies, stop using your m10s recklessly, scout ahead abit.

The most times i lost them because i make a M10 call in and hits a Tellermine.
When i go for a suicide flank it's okay, but that is fucking anoying.

Wait, what? Allies have strong AT too!! Nerf allied mines!

Yeah, and modify Stuart Light Tank target table for insta-kill. Tongue

9th Armoured Engineers
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 02:44:33 pm »

The most times i lost them because i make a M10 call in and hits a Tellermine.
When i go for a suicide flank it's okay, but that is fucking anoying.

Yeah, and modify Stuart Light Tank target table for insta-kill. Tongue

I hear there is this really cheap unit, that takes up 1 pop and can detect and remove all mines. Truth?

Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2012, 03:36:14 pm »

I hear there is this really cheap unit, that takes up 1 pop and can detect and remove all mines. Truth?

I remember some battles were it had a lot of luck with defusing all these stuff... .Wink
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2012, 03:38:17 pm »

Scout with jeeps as teller mines can miss these? Dunno if it was fixed, seems like a useful thing that leophone would rape in the name of dumdumb.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2012, 03:49:01 pm »

I get very restless when it is perceived as easier and more desirable to complain about something in EiR than it is to change one's playstyle or strategy to employ the very simple, effective and cheap counters against it.

Something is overpowered and in need of a nerf when it is A) overly difficult to counter or costly to counter or B) has no actual counters. Tanks are overpowered if someone doesn't feel like buying AT and using it properly, but that is a reason to include AT in your company in order to counter them. For too long people in EiR have resented the very notion of "needing" to have minesweepers in their company. They feel they shouldn't have to, because minesweepers aren't glorious or awesome units. So instead of accepting that they are a neccesary component of any intelligent army, they deduce that mines should be reduced to such a minor inconvenience so as to warrant them unnecessary. That, to me, is bizarre.

As the person with arguably the most experience attempting to use Teller spam, I can tell you that is anything but an easy strategy to play. In fact it fails frequently, particularly against opponents with half a brain who don't see the prospect of being patient and using strategic thinking against a specific threat as an unholy affront to their sense of enjoyment.

If anything Tellermines (and all mines in general) force EiR players to be smarter, even if it is against their will. Dumbing down the gameplay so that there is no punishment for laziness or sloppy hubris should not be the objective of anyone.

-Wind
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 03:53:34 pm by TheWindCriesMary » Logged

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2012, 03:52:35 pm »

I get very restless when it is perceived as easier and more desirable to complain about something in EiR than it is to change one's playstyle or strategy to employ the very simple, effective and cheap counters against it.

Something is overpowered and in need of a nerf when it is A) overly difficult to counter or costly to counter or B) has no actual counters. Tanks are overpowered if someone doesn't feel like buying AT and using it properly, but that is a reason to include AT in your company in order to counter them. For too long people in EiR have resented the very notion of "needing" to have minesweepers in their company. They feel they shouldn't have to, because minesweepers aren't glorious or awesome units. So instead of accepting that they are a neccesary component of any intelligent army, they deduce that mines should be reduced to such a minor inconvenience so as to warrant them unnecessary. That, to me, is bizarre.

As the person with arguably the most experience attempting to use Teller spam, I can tell you that is anything but an easy strategy to play. In fact it fails frequently, particularly against opponents with half a brain who don't see the prospect of being patient and using strategic thinking against a specific threat as an unholy affront to their sense of enjoyment.

-Wind

+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2012, 04:41:44 pm »

you see someone is using tellermines or mines,well,dont use roads or dont cross that crossroad that is just screaming 'mine placed there' ,use routes that you wouldnt use normally,because no one is gonna put teller mine in middle of meadow,when there are tasty roads and crossroads.
yes,as already said,with 80mp and 10mun,you can easily counter atleast 1 mine,and that unit already payed itself ,guess how much you are in advantage when you disable more than 1 mine!
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2012, 04:49:33 pm »

yes,as already said,with 80mp and 10mun,you can easily counter atleast 1 mine,and that unit already payed itself ,guess how much you are in advantage when you disable more than 1 mine!

That's what boggles my mind about conversations like these. The only reason I still use Tellerspam after the first 3-4 games (AND even posting a replay on the forums of it raping) is because 95% of the EiR playerbase has absolutely no concept of innovation or strategy.

They don't realize (and I say "they" to refer to the non-strategic EIR players) that me sinking 90% of my munitions into tellermines is an open invitation to screw me over big-time in game. Buy 6 minesweepers and you will probably be able to hear my screams of rage from across the world as you eat through all my 75 munition mines like candy.

But no, people are reactionary so for some reason I continue to get away with tellerspam most of the time. I wish people learned faster because then I'd be prompted to try new TH combos more often...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 04:55:50 pm by TheWindCriesMary » Logged
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2012, 05:20:07 pm »

It is possible to flame or mortar a tellermine?
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2012, 05:20:55 pm »

It is possible to flame or mortar a tellermine?

yes. just has more health so it requirers a few hits,

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2012, 05:35:34 pm »

yes. just has more health so it requirers a few hits,

Flaming it could be very risky because its AOE is larger than a normal mine and could easily insta gib a squad.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2012, 05:40:35 pm »

Flaming it could be very risky because its AOE is larger than a normal mine and could easily insta gib a squad.

If you stand on top of it, yes. But if you stand on top of it and flame it, you deserve to have your squad die anyway.

Flaming it is not risky. Just stand at medium to long range  and you're golden.

One of the easier counters to mines that doesn't even require the dreaded foresight of adding in a few minesweepers. But again, one that people seldom use.

Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2012, 05:50:46 pm »

If you stand on top of it, yes. But if you stand on top of it and flame it, you deserve to have your squad die anyway.
Flaming it is not risky. Just stand at medium to long range  and you're golden.
One of the easier counters to mines that doesn't even require the dreaded foresight of adding in a few minesweepers. But again, one that people seldom use.

Redunancy?  Wink
Sometimes i want not to send my minesweeper into a obvious death and it's easier to barrage it with a mortar which i've already got.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 07:17:37 pm by Ahnungsloser » Logged
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2012, 05:51:54 pm »

Redunancy?  Wink
Sometimes i want not to send my into a obvious death and it's easier to barrage it with a mortar which i've already got.

This post doesn't make any sense.

Using flamers to clear mines is not an "obvious death", unless you are a bonehead and decide to flame a mine directly beneath their feet as opposed to standing a small distance away.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2012, 06:11:58 pm »

This post doesn't make any sense.
Using flamers to clear mines is not an "obvious death", unless you are a bonehead and decide to flame a mine directly beneath their feet as opposed to standing a small distance away.

Did I talked about a Flamethrower in my last post?
Sometimes i see the Panzergrenadiers laying down the Tellermines and the next time i try to mortar them directly.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2012, 06:58:25 pm »

Did I talked about a Flamethrower in my last post?

Yes. You quoted a post that exclusively discussed using flamers as a method of clearing mines and then responded to the quote.

The excerpt you chose mentioned nothing other than flamers and therefore there is no logical context for your response other than to be addressing it.

Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2012, 07:16:34 pm »

I edited my post because i noticed that i only wrote "my" insteat of "my minesweeper".
Is it so hard to understand that i want not to rely on only one hardcounter (Minesweeper) and start thinking about
other ways like Mortaring+Flaming as Softcounters?

You're alway right boy!  Kiss
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 07:20:13 pm by Ahnungsloser » Logged
HairyPothead Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2012, 07:59:17 pm »

Yes. You quoted a post that exclusively discussed using flamers as a method of clearing mines and then responded to the quote.

The excerpt you chose mentioned nothing other than flamers and therefore there is no logical context for your response other than to be addressing it.

Yes because the base of all EIRRDOME is on logical discussion.Hes right it is a hard counter to use minesweepers but they do tend to be fragile and its a little annoying them drop off like flies, because the wind decided to blow a fast 1 mph that day.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2012, 08:07:14 pm »

Sherman Crabfail: A fantastic unit upgrade on a solid platform that hardcounters mines and, for some really weird reason, gets almost completely neglected in EIR's current metagame.

(hint: it's also very good for AI)

-Wind
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc