Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 10:21:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tellermines  (Read 13776 times)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2012, 08:24:36 pm »

Interesting food for thought: Do minesweepers retain their mine detecting abilities whilst in a half-track?

If so, there's an extremely mobile and durable mine detector for a relatively piss cheap cost.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2012, 08:29:49 pm »

no, or at least rgds say they don't
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2012, 08:31:13 pm »

Field tests are required tbh.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2012, 09:37:30 pm »

they shouldn't tbh...i remember when recon squads detected mines while in a bren carrier, so bren never would hit the mines, it was bullshit.  Halftrack would end up ignoring mines if that worked.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2012, 09:40:46 pm »

they shouldn't tbh...i remember when recon squads detected mines while in a bren carrier, so bren never would hit the mines, it was bullshit.  Halftrack would end up ignoring mines if that worked.

And yet 99.9% of the community wouldn't use them and would still bitch tellers are op

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2012, 09:43:52 pm »

Another cool thing most people don't realize is that a Sherman with crabflail can detect mines even when the flail isn't active.

I'm happy to say in the last game I was in vs Crazy & Assholio they both used plenty of minesweepers and crabflails and wasted a lot of my munitions.  Undecided

I was so proud that I almost shed a tear.

-Wind

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2012, 06:04:26 am »

Another cool thing most people don't realize is that a Sherman with crabflail can detect mines even when the flail isn't active.

I'm happy to say in the last game I was in vs Crazy & Assholio they both used plenty of minesweepers and crabflails and wasted a lot of my munitions.  Undecided

I was so proud that I almost shed a tear.

-Wind

Maybe i will remove one Sherman Crocodile and put a normal Sherman in my coy (Mineflail incluced) for extra AI support.   Cheesy

9th Armoured Engineers
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2012, 07:31:32 am »

Another cool thing most people don't Have time for is that a Sherman with crabflail can detect mines even when the flail isn't active.

I'm happy to say in the last 900 hours of game I was in vs Crazy & Assholio they both used plenty of minesweepers and crabflails and wasted a lot of my munitions.  Undecided

I was so proud that I almost Hugged myself.

-Whined
Fixed.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2012, 08:21:47 am »

+1 to aeroblade

also Tellerspam is a noob gimmick

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
BigDick
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2012, 11:04:17 am »

any kind of spam is a "noob" (where noob is not noob but people who fail to enjoy a game) gimmick - at least as long as your not forced to do (*hint* weapons cache *hint*)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2012, 04:54:47 pm »

What's a weapons cache?
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2012, 07:36:25 pm »

Wind's teller spam is probably his easiest company to beat ever.

And everyone knows I'm a reckless vehicle whore.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2012, 07:44:03 pm »

Its still pretty fagg

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2012, 08:27:36 pm »

Wind's teller spam is probably his easiest company to beat ever.

Mysth is 100% right here. It's a company with very little functional AI, almost no indirect, and has an extremely simple counter.

It is not hard to shut down completely, but it does force people to play a little more strategically (screening tanks, not doing suicide rogue behind-enemy-line vehicle parties etc) which ultimately is a good thing.

CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2012, 10:16:02 pm »

+1 to aeroblade

also Tellerspam is a noob gimmick

umadbro?
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2012, 11:13:47 pm »

Every TH company is lacking basics of Anti infantry and everyone knows Tank Hunter companies are weak versus infantry but strong versus armor depending on anti armor build :p

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
kwiatekkek Offline
okultysta, mistyk, szachista i alpinista.

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2012, 02:34:33 am »

Every TH company is lacking basics of Anti infantry and everyone knows Tank Hunter companies are weak versus infantry but strong versus armor depending on anti armor build :p
what you talking about u get  stummels  and pak36s
 Grin

"L2P" is like a Auswitcz tattoo on your arm, a mark of the survivor.
*cough* Team Lead is Allied bias, just FYI
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2012, 02:38:38 am »

well u sure? u got enough ai srsly stop QQing

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2012, 03:00:30 am »

what you talking about u get  stummels  and pak36s
 Grin

HOW CAN I FORGET STUMMELS arghh

Anyhow if you build TH company to be AI based you are doing something wrong.

Everyone knows the standard.

SE= Anti infantry weak vs Armor
TH = Anti Armor weak vs Infantry
Luftwaffels = Decent at both

Its not like TH gives a lot of infantry buffs and SE a lot of anti tank buffs. Therefore THs focus on Marders because of their hard punch and their lockdown, additionally they might go for hetzers which do decent at AI and anti armor, but then most will go for Jagdpanther leaving some fuel for AT as a back up and everything else is for something and believe me it ain't much you can get with that. Swims often in munition left overs. If you ain't hetzer user you got plenty to spare for infantry, G43s, at nades, tellers and so, schrecks etc.

SE's standards often go for either munition heavy Assault flammen army, Hummel build, P4 IST build. Therefore fielding marders as primary AT leaves them in small number or nothing on P4s. Going for Mechanized builds can be combined with various things, but most of all most SE players will buy a hummel which will chew up a lot of fuel. Therefore SE's primary AT is 50mms with addition of 1 or 2 marders, rest is P4s most likely. Swims on manpower, flammens always cost so much in pool and muns that you can't field spams of them therefore you'll buy sergeants for every squad to get rid of extra manpower (depends on build type)

Luftwaffe's standards are always infantry so they are infantry heavy with a lot of fuel left overs, which means? Marders. Plenty of marders for AT because 50mms munition cost would hurt the upgrades they get on failschrimjägers. Swims in fuel, all fuel goes for various of objects, often AT.

That's whole PE- some break these common builds and goes for something exotic- but most will stick by them.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2012, 03:19:37 am »

HOW CAN I FORGET STUMMELS arghh

Anyhow if you build TH company to be AI based you are doing something wrong.

Everyone knows the standard.

SE= Anti infantry weak vs Armor
TH = Anti Armor weak vs Infantry
Luftwaffels = Decent at both

Its not like TH gives a lot of infantry buffs and SE a lot of anti tank buffs. Therefore THs focus on Marders because of their hard punch and their lockdown, additionally they might go for hetzers which do decent at AI and anti armor, but then most will go for Jagdpanther leaving some fuel for AT as a back up and everything else is for something and believe me it ain't much you can get with that. Swims often in munition left overs. If you ain't hetzer user you got plenty to spare for infantry, G43s, at nades, tellers and so, schrecks etc.

SE's standards often go for either munition heavy Assault flammen army, Hummel build, P4 IST build. Therefore fielding marders as primary AT leaves them in small number or nothing on P4s. Going for Mechanized builds can be combined with various things, but most of all most SE players will buy a hummel which will chew up a lot of fuel. Therefore SE's primary AT is 50mms with addition of 1 or 2 marders, rest is P4s most likely. Swims on manpower, flammens always cost so much in pool and muns that you can't field spams of them therefore you'll buy sergeants for every squad to get rid of extra manpower (depends on build type)

Luftwaffe's standards are always infantry so they are infantry heavy with a lot of fuel left overs, which means? Marders. Plenty of marders for AT because 50mms munition cost would hurt the upgrades they get on failschrimjägers. Swims in fuel, all fuel goes for various of objects, often AT.

That's whole PE- some break these common builds and goes for something exotic- but most will stick by them.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc