Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 09:19:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Poll
Question: Should we consider changes to vehicle Crush
Don't fucking touch it !!!!! - 28 (56%)
Remove all crush - 2 (4%)
Apply Crush Modifier - 13 (26%)
Remove crush from specific vehicles - 7 (14%)
Total Voters: 49

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crush or not to Crush - That is the question  (Read 15142 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2012, 10:02:48 am »

You can't block vehicles with infantry, hence why you can use a jeep to push them around

fuck!!..... I have said that 3 times in this thread, and then just forgot it myself in that post.....LOL

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2012, 10:09:30 am »

I don't think them being able to crush is an issue at all. The problem is the fact that, with the crush and the main gun they're more cost effective than their medium tank counterparts.

I say let them keep their crush, but make them pay for the efficiency that they do bring to the field.

And we always have the option to make them go up in popcap costs as well.

I could agree with this too but people will bitch and whine about the price increase too. M10s also pick off infantry just as much as a m18 it just comes down to the fact that there a little too effective when used in pairs.

AMPM may suggest going near a wall and hitting stop but the reality is use 2 m10s crush the infantry nail a panther 2-4 times and begone before the at is turned to face you.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2012, 10:13:19 am »

Marders and Gescuhtzes don't generally tend to be charging straight forward in a manner that would require them to go through infantry. It's a bit of a bad example - and even more so with things such as the hummel.

I didn't even attempt to make it sound like a click and forget function. It would be rather micro intensive, actually - but point remains that it would be possible to do, and not even that complicated. Just a little bit of effort would be required.

I don't see any problem with people bitching and whining about a price increase. They did that before, and they'll do it again. I remember when we first got the Churchil Croc nerfed in price (from 240 FU to 280 FU) - we still had people saying that that's the end of RSE as we know it, and that there's no reason to play brits any more.

skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2012, 10:21:52 am »

I see no harm in trying it out. This subject has been talked about lots of times. There is nothing wrong with giving it a try, test it on the Hellcat. Just do it, you can easily revert it.

Hellcat can stay long range cause of its sight. Its the best choice in most cases. So people spam Hellcats, with their sight they can kill P4s and everything below, and still be decent againts heavies.

M10 is best vs heavies. No sight means you have to get close, usually revolves to bum rushing a Tiger with 2 or 3 and trying to kill it. If there are some inf near it blocking it it might be bad indeed. But the Hellcat doesnt need to get close that much. Thats why you can try it out on the M18 and leave the M10 alone at first. If the M18 then sees some lone inf, it wont be able to go take care of it as it can do currently with its crush.

Mod has been here for years, time to stop arguing and just TRY it out, the only way to find out.

Also, the Roo had its crush removed and it was fine.

So my vote goes to TRYING IT OUT on the M18.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 10:24:26 am by skaffa » Logged

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2012, 10:25:12 am »

M18 kills infantry with it's ridiculous main gun, not with crush. It's low turning rate means it's too clunky to crush effectively.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2012, 10:26:20 am »

M18 kills infantry with it's ridiculous main gun, not with crush. It's low turning rate means it's too clunky to crush effectively.

Reduce inf sniping from M10, M18 and Panther.

I actually tried to implement this, but people thought it was fine the TD's snipe inf like that. Unlike the FF, Marder, etc.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 10:30:16 am by skaffa » Logged
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2012, 10:28:41 am »

You can't block vehicles with infantry, hence why you can use a jeep to push them around

fuck!!..... I have said that 3 times in this thread, and then just forgot it myself in that post.....LOL

I've read this somwhere out there.

Leo would be the best guy to answer this question.
When we have discussed removing crush, the problem noted was that infantry would then be able to block the unit.
So in a round about way, yes we could make vehicles stop when they "try" to crush infantry, but that would mean we are just removing crush.

9th Armoured Engineers
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2012, 10:45:31 am »

Why is removal of crush still being brought up when it is clear the best option is just amp up the modifier on crush slow. It doesn't have to be much.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2012, 10:58:48 am »

raise pop and/or pool cost so it's not as easily spammable and/or is able to have less support fielded.

edit: one of the biggest issues is the shear number u can field vs other vehicles. 1000 fu = 5 m10's, 1000fu = 4 p4's.

also higher pool doesn't affect only armor but what can also be fielded as it eats into the reserve.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 11:00:44 am by Tymathee » Logged

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2012, 12:13:42 pm »

Why is removal of crush still being brought up when it is clear the best option is just amp up the modifier on crush slow. It doesn't have to be much.

I think the problem with that would be that infantry would not get pushed, so blocking with infantry would actually work....
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2012, 12:17:51 pm »

raise pop and/or pool cost so it's not as easily spammable and/or is able to have less support fielded.

edit: one of the biggest issues is the shear number u can field vs other vehicles. 1000 fu = 5 m10's, 1000fu = 4 p4's.

also higher pool doesn't affect only armor but what can also be fielded as it eats into the reserve.

I disagree: The issue is that a TD is awesome at being a TD plus, with crush, is one of the best AI in the game as well. (about 1.5 seconds to squish an entire squad)

I can fit 7 pumas in a company, but no one is going to give a fuck because it can't rape tanks and crush infantry.........
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2012, 12:24:34 pm »

Crush:

Crushing with a tank is 1 aspect of the gameplay and a very powerful one if u have the skill to use it and a not that powerful one if the enemy has skill too. WHY do u wanna delete such an important aspect of the game?

it s a fucking miracle for me that tank130 even listened to some new players saying its stupid although its really not an issue if u play good. Even if u think about a tank driving against inf or just hits it and nothing happens is just STUPID and fucking retarded.

Well more bullshit like here i have never seen before srsly.

PS: (well i was nearly just posting one stupid pic but remembered tank130s cry for more info )

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
rolcsika0128 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2012, 12:50:20 pm »

I totally agree with hans.. Considering that fact, that it's pretty micro-intensive and it does require some skill,  let it pay of then..
As for the arguments, like "but it's a Tank Destroyer"(talking about m10s, which semm to be the biggest problem for some of you) : whereas you are right that it's main role is to counter axis tanks, but do not forget that it's a TANK, of course it does crush infantry...Come one, we are not talking about a damn bicycle. (not to mention that it still can crush you lol)
To sum up: I think there's absolutely no need of getting rid of tank crush, or modifying it. You still have proper countermeasures, like pressing halt when your opponent is trying to crush your inf, or looking for natural obstacles, or surprising as it is, have some at support and don't just run around with your inf unsupported, etc.. And if you get caught in an open field with your inf running in one group without proper at support, and your opponent is skilled enough.. well, you deserve to be crashed.

Regards
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2012, 01:18:02 pm »

Well conisdering how pumas with phase armor are annoying and will i think a well timed attack can destroy at guns and 2 upguns can take firefly. i dont deem them totally worthless but they are lacking. But then again so is the stuart tank.

I agree with Rolcsika and hans. such a simple thing to avoid shouldnt be removed. should it be replaced that a panther out of control can squish up 10 infantry and shoot 2 times before dying.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2012, 02:24:33 pm »

The tribe has spoken, crush remains.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2012, 02:59:23 pm »

The tribe has spoken, crush remains.

Yes, the tribe has clearly spoken. It is VERY obvious that the community is divided, almost 50/50 I might add.
Take a moment to add the numbers in the pole. At the time of this post, 16 of 28 do not want any changes to crush. The other 12 want a change of some kind.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2012, 03:04:43 pm »

58.7% thats majority so sorry. it remains. So wait we can have polls by devs about wether crush remains but most threads hardy get acknowledged even if they provide valid points to change docs Such as T4 rca.
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2012, 03:06:07 pm »

but the majority doesn't want a change... i.e. greater than 50% of the votes are for no change...

Common sense is not so common after all.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2012, 03:08:49 pm »

So, what happens to the other portion of the disenfranchised population who did not vote "yes"? Surrender them to the tyrrany of the majority?

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2012, 03:10:18 pm »

Crush:
it s a fucking miracle for me that tank130 even listened to some new players saying its stupid although its really not an issue if u play good.

Perhaps you need to take a moment and actually read the posts before making your little rage posts. This is clearly not a "Tank130" crusade. In fact, if you took 2 seconds out of your busy "I wanna rage" schedule, you would see that this thread was started after so much conversation in regards to this topic started in another thread.

In fact, the guy that really started the question in regards to crush and a viable alternative was Hicks. Another well known community member sharing support of modifying crush is Spartan. As well as 12 others who have seen this pole.

Just an FYI:

Spartan - Registered: June 04, 2007
tank130 - Registered: December 22, 2008
Hicks - Registered: May 22, 2009
Hans - Registered Aug 27, 2010

So before you go off spouting bullshit in regards to "listening to some noob" get your facts straight.

Up until your childish little post, this thread was having a very reasonable, intelligent debate.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc