Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 07:25:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Poll
Question: Should we consider changes to vehicle Crush
Don't fucking touch it !!!!! - 28 (56%)
Remove all crush - 2 (4%)
Apply Crush Modifier - 13 (26%)
Remove crush from specific vehicles - 7 (14%)
Total Voters: 49

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crush or not to Crush - That is the question  (Read 15111 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2012, 08:26:59 am »

well you can discuss it all you want, if the majority vote for NO CHANGE, that is, i repeat, NO CHANGE, that means, any change that happens will go against the majority. well yall just cant go doing that!

Btw i want a list of those who voted, so we dont have any ninja dev fixing or smurf accounts please.

I am going to type this very slowly so you may read it.....

The Dev team would never make a game changing decision based on the exact results of a pole. That is to say, there is no such thing as "majority rules" in this case. Actually the "majority rules" is never the case in the development of this mod at all!!!!

The SDT  takes opinions of the community, the BT, the Design team, the Coding Team, and the Dev lead into account when making it's decisions.

Because some bone heads here do not like to read all the posts before they post - I will repeat myself:
This pole clearly shows the Dev team that a discussion in regards to crush needs to happen. What the final outcome of the discussion will be is up to the Development team and all of it's members after analyzing all the information we have.

Like all the decisions the team makes, there is always going to be someone who is unhappy. In fact, no matter what we do with crush right this moment, ~ 50% of the people are going to be unhappy.

So that's why the Dev team takes all the information at hand, adds that to what they feel the overall design of the mod should be, what the vision of the Mod lead is, and makes a decision.

SO if crush in it's current form stays,
~50% of you are going to say - YES, the Dev team listens to us.
~ 50% of you are going to say - The Dev team never fucking listens to us!!

Just curious though Demon: if this pole showed 51% in favor of removing crush, would you be so strongly supporting "The Majority Rules" slogan?

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2012, 08:44:33 am »

This poll is to just test the waters. We are indeed having an indepth conversation about this and would like to get a few opinions on it.

Sorry, this poll is not binding, but we do take the community's opinion into account.

If we didnt, then the Weapons cache would still be here.  Cool

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2012, 08:48:51 am »

can i get a short overview of the actuall reasons for the change or at least for the discussion?

well if u will reduce the effect of crush, do u wanna give the m10 as an example more health/firepower/armour?

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2012, 08:55:33 am »

can i get a short overview of the actuall reasons for the change or at least for the discussion?

well if u will reduce the effect of crush, do u wanna give the m10 as an example more health/firepower/armour?

Its a controversial issue that a dedicated AT tank, at no cost but due to a mechanic, has good AI capabilities in the right hands.

If crush is modified for the M10/Hellcat/Stug/etc. there will be probably be a counter balancing change along with it due to the loss of this utility. It certainly is an option, but we are just discussing things at the moment.
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2012, 12:50:11 pm »

19 > 18...

WTF, it was 26 total votes last night. I don't know how these numbers changed since then unless you can re-vote somehow.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 03:11:23 pm by Jodomar » Logged
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2012, 12:51:47 pm »

WTF, it was 26 total votes for a some sort of a change last night. I don't know how these numbers changed since then unless you can re-vote somehow.

use remove vote

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2012, 03:09:52 pm »

Changing core game mechanics to pander to poor players is no good. Crush is fine, to dodge all you have to do us stop giving orders. All tanks can crush, I love using a P4 or Panther to crush AB and Rangers just like people use M10s on  schreks.

Get better, and solve actual balance issues. If crush is changed it should be changed for all tanks equally. Though I would then lol sticky heavies by using pios to slow it.

Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2012, 03:13:04 pm »

Honestly we can theory craft all day long but it means nothing until you actually try it in game. I say they should test out different features and go from there.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2012, 03:29:46 pm »

I wouldnt bother with EIRR anymore if you guys changed crush. Crush has never been a problem since the dawn of coh and the dawn of eir. its only being put on the furom now because there is nothing else to argue about and people make silly correlations between shit when its just eirr that created this mythical problem.

INDEPTH CONVERSATION, oh fucking please

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2012, 03:49:46 pm »

I wouldnt bother with EIRR anymore if you guys changed crush.

interesting, I was looking for one more reason to have crush removed......lol
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2012, 03:53:28 pm »

If crush is changed it should be changed for all tanks equally. Though I would then lol sticky heavies by using pios to slow it.

You could only block with infantry if crush was NOT removed, but the slowing process increased.

The AI would make the infantry move just like all the other vehicles crush without do.

.....this is a recording......
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2012, 03:53:41 pm »

you still play eir demon?

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2012, 04:33:46 pm »

interesting, I was looking for one more reason to have crush removed......lol

do it. we'd all be better off for it, even if crush broke the game.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2012, 05:16:00 pm »

You could only block with infantry if crush was NOT removed, but the slowing process increased.

The AI would make the infantry move just like all the other vehicles crush without do.

.....this is a recording......
You know you can fuck with vehicles that can't crush with infantry right? Like screw their pathing entirely. Just making sure.

Crush is easily solved by just making the units less prevalent. Make alternatives more attractive. You are pretty much always going to do a good amount of damage with a P4, until it dies to a cheaper M10/18/Sherman. On the other side, with spotting, a Panther hard counters.

Is it annoying? Yes. Is it breaking the game and the problem with mediums? No.

Problem is that mediums die like flies.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2012, 06:37:00 pm »

You know you can fuck with vehicles that can't crush with infantry right? Like screw their pathing entirely. Just making sure.

Crush is easily solved by just making the units less prevalent. Make alternatives more attractive. You are pretty much always going to do a good amount of damage with a P4, until it dies to a cheaper M10/18/Sherman. On the other side, with spotting, a Panther hard counters.

Is it annoying? Yes. Is it breaking the game and the problem with mediums? No.

Problem is that mediums die like flies.

Its true there isnt a lot of middle ground in armor types. i mean even the churchill mkvI even though its heavy it might not die easy but it does get penetrated often.Speaking of mediums How bout dem cromwells?? i call them the 3 hit wonders.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2012, 07:06:27 pm »

Let's stay on topic please.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2012, 07:20:28 pm »

Option 5: Make medium, heavy and super heavy tanks crush jeeps/kettens/schwims

Might very well be impossible, but that's a dream we all can share.

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2012, 10:22:56 pm »

gettin rid of the m10s speed will be nerfing its most valuable asset...

thats what i was thinking. its glass cannon. like 2 shreks to the back and its gone... unless the player reacts and drive it right into them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc