Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 08:42:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [ALL] Gameplay?!?!  (Read 11205 times)
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: April 04, 2012, 10:06:18 am »

ehllo everyone,

i just read some older posts and came to some interesting thoughts:

*how about increasing the manpower from 8000 to 10000?*

*cloak is changing to running cloak like the fallschirmjäger sniper has for every units that has insta cloak (sniper, stormtrooper,...)*

*allied and axis mortars are getting same range*

*adding long/medium/short range damage and penetrationsystem for tanks ( tiger is not getting penetrated by the atgun from long range, but gets alot more damage in the shortrange of the atg...)*

*commando mainline infantry (maybe also called Commando Elite Group) is a 4 man squad with moving cloak like pe sniper with stens(additional) or 1 bren(additional) with same health as stormtroopers*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*US m3 haftrack for the commonwealth*

*exploding tanks vomiting out a 2 men tank crew (or more for bigger tanks like the tiger) with pistols*

*opel blitz as infantry haftrack for all pe and axis coys*

*wehrmacht p4 available for Tank Destroyer company as an unlock (without skirts and mg gunner ontop)*

*removing the 25pdr for all commonwealth coys except for RCA*

*adding 75mm sherman for the commonwealth Royal Canadian Engineers as an unlock*

*1 man (fallschirmjäger sniper like) commando sniper unlock for Commando doc*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*pershing and tiger vet3 additional +3 range*

*adding US jeep for all commonwealth coys*

*hetzer gets TankDestroyer like changes ( maingun more penetration more damage, acc like the firefly against inf, 45 range in the row of allied tankdestroyers)*

*Panzergrenadiers of the Pe can get grenadier grenades from wehrmacht, no incendiary grenades, only for SE as unlock*

*suppression fire is getting removed from all weapons (bar, lmg, ...), only mgs or mounted mgs are getting suppressionfire after 5 secs. all tank mounted mgs are getting suppressionfire*

*every soldier in the game gets sprint(runability) for 10 secs, but is getting punished with a 5 sec speed and damage and acc decrease after the usage of the ability*

*jagdpanther gets tiger range and additional vet3 + 3 range and a better accurracy against infantry (like the stug acc vs inf)*

*bulldozer for sherman croc gives it pershing armour for 10 secs, afterwards bulldozer ability cant be used for 50 secs*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

* flamerupgrade gives the pioneers of wehrmacht and usa elite armour. (140 mun for flamer)*

*fallschirmjägers are getting bundle grenades instead of incendiary grenades (no cloak buff from doc, fallschirmägers are getting same moving cloak like the fallschirmäger sniper, only 1 use and 90 mun for bundle grenade)*

...  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 11:22:03 am by hans » Logged

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 10:25:59 am »

Seems like it would have to change the gameplay a bit, or at least im sure there would be QQ for axis having to face there own toys and mirroring factions.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 10:32:13 am »

tankedit: Useless nazi moderator keeps changing my posts
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 11:18:44 am by deadbolt » Logged

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 10:36:00 am »

Nice list there eagle, i agree on most of those things, add subtract a few.

tankedit: Useless information removed
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 11:12:17 am by tank130 » Logged

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 11:03:46 am »

Hetzer gets 50 range with spotters update. If it got vanilla 45 range I'd see it around 55 range with it. Unless the scops only add 5 range in which case it'd still be 50 because hetzer's range is 45.

I like the idea of removing 25Pdr from other doctrines and making it RCA Specific though....but US mortar same range as Axis one? Faster RoF and higher damage? Not a chance buddy. Not without exploding whole balance.

Plus a Panzer Elite P4 without skirts and MG? What the fu would you do with a pos like that? They'd better off geting Panzer 2s as standard unit.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 11:05:37 am »

....but US mortar same range as Axis one? Faster RoF and higher damage? Not a chance buddy. Not without exploding whole balance.

reload time of allied mortar is 1 sec faster while the axis mortar gets 10% more damage ( about the single cases we can discuss) and axis mortar gets 10 % more accurracy
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 11:07:17 am by hans » Logged
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 11:08:49 am »

Plus a Panzer Elite P4 without skirts and MG? What the fu would you do with a pos like that? They'd better off geting Panzer 2s as standard unit.

well the p4 gets TD doc buffs plus it has a good range for sniping inf
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 11:13:34 am »

Hetzer gets 50 range with spotters update. If it got vanilla 45 range I'd see it around 55 range with it. Unless the scops only add 5 range in which case it'd still be 50 because hetzer's range is 45.

well hetzer range gets no increase in any case, it will stay 45. spotterupgrade will be changed to mg upgrade
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 11:20:58 am »

hans lock this thread
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 11:40:51 am by LeoPhone » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 11:47:06 am »

reload time of allied mortar is 1 sec faster while the axis mortar gets 10% more damage ( about the single cases we can discuss) and axis mortar gets 10 % more accurracy

wm mortar has higher base but vs infantry targets allied mortar does more damage, it gets a 2x modifer.

hans lock this thread

why lock, why not just have a mod move this to the suggestion thread, i see no issues here other than the usual trolls trying to derail.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 11:52:17 am »

not to mention axis mortar costs more.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 12:12:46 pm »

not to mention axis mortar costs more.

well guys, i just mention some ideas that arent highly detailed. iam pretty sure that if we make allied and axis mortar same range, we do change alot so the range is justified.

SO just take the idea and dont mix everything up with the actual situation!!
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 12:50:18 pm »

How about we just take the WM faction and give every other faction (US, CW, PE)  the exact same units with different skins. Wouldn't that be great? Then no one could complain because each faction would have the exact same units with the exact same strengths and weaknesses.

Talking non sarcastically for a moment, every time I hear suggestions that argue in favour of "mirrored" factions I want to barf. People need to stop trying to make units the exact same as each other in the name of so-called "balance".

Too many people in this mod think that the word balance is synonymous with mediocrity -- aka. everyone getting the exact same toys. Instead each faction should have things that they excel at and things that they have weaknesses in. It would put an end to the sense of entitlement so many people have in thinking that they should be able to do every god damn thing with a single doctrine instead of "specializing" and relying on teammates to cover all bases.

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 12:58:25 pm »

How about we just take the WM faction and give every other faction (US, CW, PE)  the exact same units with different skins. Wouldn't that be great? Then no one could complain because each faction would have the exact same units with the exact same strengths and weaknesses.

Talking non sarcastically for a moment, every time I hear suggestions that argue in favour of "mirrored" factions I want to barf. People need to stop trying to make units the exact same as each other in the name of so-called "balance".

Too many people in this mod think that the word balance is synonymous with mediocrity -- aka. everyone getting the exact same toys. Instead each faction should have things that they excel at and things that they have weaknesses in. It would put an end to the sense of entitlement so many people have in thinking that they should be able to do every god damn thing with a single doctrine instead of "specializing" and relying on teammates to cover all bases.

mirror balancing? thats all u can put in here? uhm, i was not aware that all my suggestions are based on mirror balancing tbh WOW
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 01:01:51 pm »

My response is directed at the entire thread including your post, but not exclusively limited to it. Although I think a lot of the suggestions in your first post are ludicris and exist within one of the biggest problems I think our community has with understanding balance, I don't think you're to blame or strictly advocating mirror balancing.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 01:09:42 pm »

so much stuff, how the heck do you respond to anything without writing a biography?

however, i do like some of the ideas and hold my nose up at others. if i had time i'd list 'em
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 01:13:08 pm »

My response is directed at the entire thread including your post, but not exclusively limited to it. Although I think a lot of the suggestions in your first post are ludicris and exist within one of the biggest problems I think our community has with understanding balance, I don't think you're to blame or strictly advocating mirror balancing.

problem? balance? on the one hand i never actually wanted to balance anything with my suggestions!! they are ideas in its naked form. on the other hand, if ur argumentation is based on the mortar or hetzer example, then explain me please, why these examples are mirror balanced?

Mortar:
- my thought is, that the allied mortar is mostly not used because the axis mortar can hit it from ranges where the allied cant fucking reach it. so i thought removing the range issue would have been a good idea. well i never, and i repeat it, NEVER said, make the allied mortar an axis one. there are still accurracy, damage, reload time that should make a difference between them!

hetzer:
-the hetzer range was from my point of view for its actual usage to high and on the other hand its in a TD doc so why not give it TD abilities. well then i thought giving it a better gun with such a range would be shit. then i thought about the TDs of the allies and 45 range was for me okay for the battlefield. ITS NOW NOT a freaking fast vehicle with same damage and armour, it just got a TD role with 45 range!!!

explain me pls what kind of mirror balancing there is, i dont see there any issue!!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 01:15:33 pm by hans » Logged
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 01:16:37 pm »

well and ideas are ideas + dont fucking pick one argument and put everything else in it to close the discussion
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 01:16:51 pm »

1. i see a problem with Tank supression fire can we say stug crush rofl??.

2. Commando elite=storms=mirroring.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 01:18:39 pm »

2. Commando elite=storms=mirroring.

well yea i have to agree this one seems to be pretty mirrored but to say the whole thread is about it, is not OKAY
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc