Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 08:37:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AbbeVille Armageddon  (Read 3192 times)
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« on: April 17, 2012, 12:36:55 pm »

I'm thinking of setting up another scenario, I sense people have gotten a bit bored lately.

3v3
Abbeville Winter

Doctrines

Axis
Defensive
Luftwaffe
SE/Blitz (not sure yet)

Allies
Royal Engineers
Armour
Infantry

Basic Rules & Objectives

Axis will start in defence of three areas
1. The Holy Grounds
2. The Market
3. The Estate

Allies must overcome the preliminary Axis defences and capture these three key locations, and then defend against the Axis counterattack.
Each Axis player will be designated one location to hold, and only that player will be able to have forces in the vicinity at the start of the game. So therefore, each Allied player will at first only be allowed to attack their designated location.
Once an Allied player has taken control of his area, he may join forced with one of his team mates in assaulting another sector. However, he must not completely abandon his sector, as doing so will cause a forfeit of a set number of points.
Similarly, the Axis player that has been repelled can bolster the defences of one of his team mates, but must not do so until his sector has been taken. Axis forces cannot reinforce their starting sectors until they have been fully pushed out.
After all three locations have been taken by the Allies, these rules no longer apply, and the match becomes an almost standard EiR match.
There may be no retreating of infantry whatsoever.

Main Objectives
To hold as many of the sectors for as long as possible.
Each sector has one building in it that is worth 10 points per minute.
In the Holy Grounds, this is the Church.
In the Market, this is the large Market building.
In the Estate, this is the Chateau.
Furthermore, each sector will have an additional building that is worth 4 points per minute.
In the Holy Grounds, the House.
In the Market, the smaller building.
In the Estate, the Store House.

Axis will start off with a bank of 600 points. If the Allies hold the objectives, they drain away the points of the Axis bank, at a rate of however many points their current buildings are worth per minute.
So, if the Allies hold the Chateau, the Store House, and the Market, they are at 24 points, and the Axis will lose 24 points per minute.
The Axis can replenish their points at half the rate by recapturing various buildings.
For example, if the Axis have the remaining buildings; the Church, the House, and the small Market Building, they will be at 9 points, and will regain 9 points per minute.
All together, this would create a deficit of -15 points per minute for the Axis.
If a building is destroyed it is of course nullified, and no further points can be lost or gained from it.
It would take the Allies just under 15 minutes to utterly deplete the Axis of all points if they hold all 6 buildings, and there is a time limit of 35 minutes. After this time, Axis automatically win and Allies must retreat.

Additional Information
I'm not going to build your companies for you, and I'm not gonna make any stupid limitations other than
- No starting with heavy tanks from either side
- No starting with emplacements (88's, Artillery) from either side.
Don't use gimmick companies please, I'd like you all to have at least semi-balanced ones.
No level restrictions either, though it would be best if everybody was level 9.
As for vet, if you have it then you may use it, but don't cry if you lose it! Remember no retreating.

The reason I'm doing this on Abbeville Winter is because that map is a 4v4. The scenario is a 3v3, which leaves one slot open on each side for a referee/overseer. I will be one of these, and I will appoint someone else to be the other. This is so I can both make sure people understand the rules, as well as abide by them; if at the beginning I see you entering another sector, you will be in trouble. Same goes for the other team.

So, that's pretty much it at the moment, I'll probably change some things around after a bit of feedback & criticism, which I would like IN THE OTHER THREAD (this one), as this one will be for sign ups only.
So, if you want to, put down your name and the doctrine you would most like to play out of the ones I have listed, as well as any others in case I don't pick you for that one.
Thanks!

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 12:37:34 pm »

I will also create a quick slideshow/image to show help illustrate the rules.
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 12:42:24 pm »

Kinda stupid to create a scenario and then not allow players to create companies catered to your scenario. That was one of the big features of the war when you would know if you were playing attack or defend. Also how would you keep track of points in game?

Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 12:43:21 pm »

Kinda stupid to create a scenario and then not allow players to create companies catered to your scenario. That was one of the big features of the war when you would know if you were playing attack or defend. Also how would you keep track of points in game?

They are allowed to?

And magic
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 12:45:51 pm »

i can play axis or allies idc: lvl9 blitz, defensive, armour, infantry, AB, soon terror and RCA as lvl 9, just say what to take

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 12:50:17 pm »

Unless you mean this
Don't use gimmick companies please, I'd like you all to have at least semi-balanced ones.

I didn't really mean that as a stringent rule you must abide by, I just figured it wouldn't be as fun to watch, but people can if they want to.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 12:53:21 pm »

CommanderBurton - Armour

9th Armoured Engineers
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 01:11:06 pm »

By retreat, do you mean hitting T or pressing the icon to have infantry units autoretreat? Or are we forbidden from manually moving damaged units off-field?

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 01:13:37 pm »

No retreating at all, but that is subject to change.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 01:58:16 pm »

Shotty Luftwaffe axis spot Smiley
cap on arty would be required for sure, as in no heavy arty for the defending team, so if allies setup 25pdr for thier attack, they must remove it when they defend

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 06:39:34 pm »

Ill play SE if you decide to use it.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 01:08:26 am »

I'm actually thinking of changing it to a more standard VP game, with whatever companies people like, and removing the defending part. I think that might make it a bit fairer.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 01:16:39 am »

I'm actually thinking of changing it to a more standard VP game, with whatever companies people like, and removing the defending part. I think that might make it a bit fairer.

thats better. If it was a defend vs attack itd be arty vs arty. And no one but artyspammers like me would enjoy it

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc